• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Random Commanders Thoughts

I did not change the channel, or turn off the tv at the end of the 1st quarter of SB XXII.

NOBODY saw that coming, either.

Well I hear the Redskins came back and won last night, so they sure showed me. :)

I don't know Om.

I say the same thing every pre-season. The only thing that matters is getting to the starting line healthy.

If that's the only gauge, and for most of us I think it is, this pre-season has been an abysmal failure.
No argument. Niles Paul, Logan Paulsen, Adam Hayward, all done for the year. And the list of 'nicked' players who have not and are not playing is mind-numbing. By that measure, oh yeah. The preseason has blown.

What's interesting to me is that all day this board has talked about one thing and one thing only--the Robert Griffin III and Jay Gruden dynamic. I toyed with the idea of starting at thread to discuss some of the other guys, particularly some of the young guys who have flashed, and the two quarterbacks who have not sucked, but thought better of it. I don't think anyone's really in the mood to take a step back just yet.

I'm just going to leave this here.

RG3 and the Dumbest Team in Football «

Now Griffin’s been hurt for two years straight. He’s trying to change his game and adjust to his own post-injury limits, but the usual Washington dysfunction just compounds the problems. It’s all such a mess. ...

So, we all just have to watch one of the most electrifying rookie quarterbacks the NFL’s ever seen get run further and further into the ground. I’m not exaggerating when I say this is one of the most depressing sports stories of my lifetime.

That's pretty much where I am at this point.

Does anyone ever speculate what the team and its ownership would have been like, and be like today, if one of the other 2 main candidates to buy the team, had won the bidding process ? Either Howard Milstein or John Cooke, as opposed to Snyder ?

Ax brings this up from time to time, and he is spot on. JKC really screwed us over with that whole deal. Major **** up on his part.

This is what I love about this place. We have a bad offensive first quarter in the 2nd preseason game of the year--after which our young guys and several new faces stepped up big for the second straight week--and we're talking about the ownership transfer 20+ years ago. :)

Hey, we talk about stats from 30+ years ago all the time!!

Time has no relevancy here in BGOland!

One of the more disturbing parts of that, was the video of Brandon Scherff being walked right over, by a guy I never even heard of before.

I was bothered by that too for a bit. But Scherff is a rookie. Not many of them are Trent, and able to step right in with no hiccups at all. Better to get the yips out during preseason, imo.

No argument. Niles Paul, Logan Paulsen, Adam Hayward, all done for the year. And the list of 'nicked' players who have not and are not playing is mind-numbing. By that measure, oh yeah. The preseason has blown.

What's interesting to me is that all day this board has talked about one thing and one thing only--the Robert Griffin III and Jay Gruden dynamic. I toyed with the idea of starting at thread to discuss some of the other guys, particularly some of the young guys who have flashed, and the two quarterbacks who have not sucked, but thought better of it. I don't think anyone's really in the mood to take a step back just yet.

Well, that's because Griffin plays the most important position on the field. If we go into this season pinning our hopes for the future on Gus Frerotte or Sage Rosenfels we can take a couple more years of futility right to the bank. Griffin not sucking and not breaking in half is really important right now. His suckage could be written off as pre-season whatever. His breaking in half last night ... unnecessary and just downright stupid.

Well, I guess it could have gone different. Gruden could have yanked Bob after even the second series, given the way the OL was playing and that Bob wasn't able to deal/adjust. Then we could have been talking today about how badly Bob is being coddled, and how there's no way he can be expected to be ready for Miami if he doesn't get live work on the basic passing thing that everyone knows he needs to work on, and maybe even how stupid the team was for exposing any QB to that unstoppable onslaught ...

but he would be healthy. id rather have words being slung around instead of injuries and words.

He got hurt falling down trying to recover his own unforced fumble while bailing prematurely on a pocket, brother. I just have a hard time assigning responsibility for that to anyone but the player who did it.

First off I don't want a catheter & neither should any of you!

Last edited:
Well, I guess it could have gone different. Gruden could have yanked Bob after even the second series, given the way the OL was playing and that Bob wasn't able to deal/adjust. Then we could have been talking today about how badly Bob is being coddled, and how there's no way he can be expected to be ready for Miami if he doesn't get live work on the basic passing thing that everyone knows he needs to work on, and maybe even how stupid the team was for exposing any QB to that unstoppable onslaught ...

Stafford had already been pulled from the game and his backup had played a full series and the quarter ended and they still trotted Griffin onto the field for another beating. That's when I turned the game off.

I seriously doubt had Cousins or McCoy come in after the Orlovsky-led Lions punted that anyone would have been wondering why.

He got hurt falling down trying to recover his own unforced fumble while bailing prematurely on a pocket, brother. I just have a hard time assigning responsibility for that to anyone but the player who did it.

No he got hurt getting slammed on his head. He fumbled the ball and got landed on with a concussion already if you listen to some.

One thing I've learned over the last 15 yrs is that you can't learn pocket presence.

Either you have it or you don't.

Right now, Robert reminds me of the Ark of the Covenant.

It looks great,with this awesome power and gives you the idea that you could rule the league with it....until it gets opened and you find out that what's inside decimates the fan base.

"Don't look at it Marion!"

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 3, Members: 0, Guests: 3)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.