• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Random Commanders Thoughts

Why would gruden have Griffin run plays he does well?

So he doesn't get slaughtered? So he gains some confidence? So he can get a rhythm going? So he shows and practices in real live games the things he's good at?

Goaldeje:

Yes based on both Gruden and Griffin long gone. We build the rest of the team before adding the "franchise" QB. Still need to complete the rebuilding of the trenches.

Last edited:
And you think Danny will be patient for that many years of suckage? Keep in mind, we're already two years in...

The Grantland piece churns up the same old storyline ... Shanahan's fault, Synder's fault, Gruden's fault ... and adds some nice gifs of Bob getting hit ... and not once even hints at the possibility than any of his on-field problems might have to do with his own shortcomings. Poor mechanics? Zero pocket presence? Reading the field?

Nope. Just the same, dumb ol' Redskins, doing what they do.

I did not change the channel, or turn off the tv at the end of the 1st quarter of SB XXII.

NOBODY saw that coming, either.

I did not change the channel, or turn off the tv at the end of the 1st quarter of SB XXII.

NOBODY saw that coming, either.

Groan... That sounds a little bit like Dan Quayle talking about JFK right before Al Gore set him straight....

I know Doing Williams. Doug Williams is a friend of mine. You're no Doug Williams.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Grantland piece churns up the same old storyline ... Shanahan's fault, Synder's fault, Gruden's fault ... and adds some nice gifs of Bob getting hit ... and not once even hints at the possibility than any of his on-field problems might have to do with his own shortcomings. Poor mechanics? Zero pocket presence? Reading the field?

Nope. Just the same, dumb ol' Redskins, doing what they do.

Well, sure. I think most of us realize that Robert has plenty of faults and has contributed mightily to the failure this whole situation is today. But I don't think it's too much of a stretch to point out that the Redskins as an organization have been a disaster for a LONG time at this point; if we're able to concede that, identifying organizational dysfunction as A main culprit shouldn't be too much of a stretch.

You guys remember Griff's rookie preseason where we saw NONE of the read option in preseason. Was curious if they've been practicing THAT all along for reg season and playing this vanilla shit for pre.

Doesn't excuse the lack of production for the 1's dismal start to both games by any means tho. For whatever reason they're (1's) just not focused on preseason & failing basic execution.

During the first few series were the rb' & or te's chipping at the opposing rushers?

Well, sure. I think most of us realize that Robert has plenty of faults and has contributed mightily to the failure this whole situation is today. But I don't think it's too much of a stretch to point out that the Redskins as an organization have been a disaster for a LONG time at this point; if we're able to concede that, identifying organizational dysfunction as A main culprit shouldn't be too much of a stretch.
Well ... yes. Granted. But hardly news, right? Or particularly insightful, informative or timely?

Groan... That sounds a little bit like Dan Quayle talking about JFK right before Al Gore set him straight....

I know Doing Williams. Doug Williams is a friend of mine. You're no Doug Williams.
"Lighten up Francias"

Every party has a pooper. That's why we invited you. ;)

Well ... yes. Granted. But hardly news, right? Or particularly insightful, informative or timely?

It encapsulates frustration that a lot of us (probably all of us) are feeling. Hate to use your words against you, but for some of us, it's cathartic. :)

We may view 'cathartis' differently. I sought mine in looking at our star-crossed franchise QB's performance in four series of plays last night in preseason game 2, and writing about how I project them going forward.

You sought yours posting a piece about how we've sucked as an organization for a generation.

Diffrn't strokes. :)

"Lighten up Francias"

Every party has a pooper. That's why we invited you. ;)

Im laughing at you, not with you Mr. Simpson :)

We're all just dogs rolling around in something that died a long time ago. And we have zero insight into the compulsion or why it feels right :)

We may view 'cathartis' differently. I sought mine in looking at our star-crossed franchise QB's performance in four series of plays last night in preseason game 2, and writing about how I project them going forward.

You sought yours posting a piece about how we've sucked as an organization for a generation.

Diffrn't strokes. :)

I guess. At some point I abandoned the idea that our suck-fest of the last twenty+ years is simply a series of unfortunate events. I mean, I guess it COULD be all random, unrelated ineptitude.

Each passing shitty year makes that harder and harder to swallow.

There is definitely a constant. Two preseason games---win, lose, draw, individual or team performances all be damned--are always going to be enough for some fans to write off not just a season, but a future.

I guess. At some point I abandoned the idea that our suck-fest of the last twenty+ years is simply a series of unfortunate events. I mean, I guess it COULD be all random, unrelated ineptitude.

Each passing shitty year makes that harder and harder to swallow.
I think we're still paying the Devil for the deal JKC made when he decided to let Gibbs stay on at 0-5.

As to the last part, we're in lockstep.

I think we're still paying the Devil for the deal JKC made when he decided to let Gibbs stay on at 0-5.

Does anyone ever speculate what the team and its ownership would have been like, and be like today, if one of the other 2 main candidates to buy the team, had won the bidding process ? Either Howard Milstein or John Cooke, as opposed to Snyder ?

There is definitely a constant. Two preseason games---win, lose, draw, individual or team performances all be damned--are always going to be enough for some fans to write off not just a season, but a future.

I don't know Om.

I say the same thing every pre-season. The only thing that matters is getting to the starting line healthy.

If that's the only gauge, and for most of us I think it is, this pre-season has been an abysmal failure.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 4, Members: 0, Guests: 4)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.