• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Random Commanders Thoughts

Concussion confirmed. I've never seen a qb get hit so freely and so fast. He didn't even have time to blink sometimes. Yet mccoy rolled out and ran options.

Why the drastic difference in play calling? Griffin can run and needs to be allowed to

Was Detroit sending blitzes or was it just the front 4 dominating?

Edit: Griff was getting a ton of praise in practice this week right?

Didn't catch the first couple of series with Griff but from what I saw the O line broke down in pass pro big time against the Detroit ones, Griff got hammered and finally injured on a 3rd and 16 or so.

Colt and Kirk look like they're playing without the 'world' on their shoulders, Griff looks to be pressing.

Our second, third and lower tier guys are lots of fun to watch.

Defense has potential.

Offense hard to tell, locals are blaming the whole unit not just Griff.

The other QB's still look impressive in the pocket and both made some leg moves but under clearly less pressure than Griff.

It's the same problems over and over again. Bottom line? He's just too many years behind in reading defenses.

Here is the play he got injured on. See anyone open? He doesn't. Instead, he tucks it and runs.

RG3 pass.jpg

If you're into dink and dunk, then yeah, somebody is open.

RG3 is looking downfield, where the receiver is not open.

Stop cherry picking.

That line was horrible tonight.

Horrible.

Dink and dink? Its called a safety valve and he refuses to take it. There are people open on that play. I get that the line play was awful - but if nothing else chuck it out of bounds when its possible. I don't think Griffin is capable of self-preservation. He creates a lot of negative plays. Not saying he doesn't get help in doing so, but i think its hard to argue he doesn't bear a lot of responsibility.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you're into dink and dunk, then yeah, somebody is open.

RG3 is looking downfield, where the receiver is not open.

Notice the down and distance.

Stop cherry picking.

That line was horrible tonight.

Horrible.

3rd and 16 in a preseason game.

Choice 1: Make the easy throw to any one of three guys that are wide open. Save yourself physically, and punt if not converted.

Choice 2: Panic, and be a hero and try to scramble for 16. Forget about your health in this all-important preseason game.

Now which is the correct choice?

Really? In a pre-season game after being injured 2 of his first 3 seasons? Even in a real game a good QB gets rid of the freaking ball when its a bad play. 4th and 16 is a lot better than a turnover, fumble, or getting your head taken off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you look at our LT you see the Lions guy is already around him. Griffin didn't have time to make a second read...so criticizing him for not making his reads is ridiculous. He had no time to make any other read but his first one before getting slammed because of whatever reasons gruden tries to spin for it.

Our coaches failed as much if not more than Griffin did. They called shitty plays that mccoy didn't get, they left him in there to get slaughtered against a lions team looking to feast on him.

Hopefully the concussion and shoulder aren't severe and he can get back in the lineup to start the next game.

With Trent back it'll be solid on the left. Gotta wait and see what Moses did (or didn't do) on that other tackle spot. Sounds like the whole unit, maybe even the rb's passblocking too.

It's not going to be instant success but the lines shit the bed tonight. I have faith Callahan won't let this performance slide in practice this week. It'll get better...eventually. This season but not instantly.

If you also look at that picture (I queue in on it because it's the one being used as the definitive reason why he's bad) the right side was solid. Moses pushed his guy past Griffin and scherff is solid at the LOS

Not dink and dunk, it's situational awareness, on 3rd and 16 deep in your own, in the first half of a game you get rid of the ball quick time, punt if that's the result, not scramble, fumble, get crunched out of the game and put the defense in goal to go situation with the score reasonably close.

Pretty sure this was against Detroit,s second team.

Not blaming Griff in total but he had several series with the poor pass pro, part of the process is to deal with it and stay upright.

Can't blame the kid for instinctively trying to make a play but geez, he's going to knock himself out of the league before he 'gets it'.

Gruden is saying Griffin is still the starter. Don't we have the ratbirds next?

What I caught was talk of seeing if the line could protect on the edges during the broadcast. That's all fine and dandy, but when it isn't working, you abort your plan. After watching it a few times, I'd venture a guess Robert had a concussion prior to the play that caused him to leave the game, and nobody picked up on it. The play when he gets plastered by the blitzing LB, it looks like he slammed his head on the turf very hard. Either way, when the line is failing, you don't leave your starting QB in to get hammered in a preseason game to get more reps.

We're truly screwed if Trent is hurt, because Compton got owned on the majority of pass plays. I saw one play where he actually had time to drop back, set and throw..... and that was the batted ball. Litch still gets blown off the ball often, which is nothing new, and then the young right side of the line getting schooled. I know the line is a work in progress, but again, you see it's not working, you change something.

Robert shouldn't have been in that last series.

I don't want to see Robert get killed any more and anyone else around here. What I do want to see is Robert develop into an NFL quarterback. Unfortunately it looks like we can't have both right now. I don't know how much of it is on Griffin, the line, the coach, whoever, but he NEEDS to get reps. The line struggled, but pulling him does what? He's a football player. NFL Qbs need to be able to sense pressure and evade. The line absolutely struggled, but that is going to happen. Linemen are going to get beat.. I was liking some of the things I'd been seeing, but last night seriously re-fired those concerns.

I thought the 1st team O line was putrid last night. they were physically overpowered by Detroit's starters and...more disturbing given patterns in previous seasons....still can't handle blitzes with any friggin consistency.

I also agree with some who argue that Griffin is a snapshot slow in making a decision and getting the *amn ball out. sometimes it seems he has an abbreviated version of Campbell's disease: there's something in how he gets the ball back to ear level and follows through on the passing motion that appears to just take longer than it should. don't know - that's for the coaches to figure out. detroit obviously thought the O-line was weak and decided to bring lots of pressure. we will see this from the better Ds until we actually stop it.....and the better Ds will stop/limit the run game sooner or later if they know we can't pass protect well enough to pose a threat.

Detroit was #2 in d last year

Griffin hit some check downs when he could but he had no time.

Morris was pulled early..why not griffin, too?

Well, the Oline looked like Ned Beatty in deliverance.
Robert looked like he had as much chance as Butch and Sundance at the end of the movie.
Defense still missing too many starters to access.
Head coach still looks more lost than anything else. Hope I'm just reading him wrong.
Hayward is done. Next man up. Makes it easier to keep a guy like Jeffcoat, or Bates.

Deep breath.
It's preseason. Things are usually not what they seem. Good, or bad.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.