• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Random Commanders Thoughts

Haven't seen enough of Wilson or Kaepernick standing in the pocket, reading and throwing the ball to have formed a very strong opinion yet....but from what I HAVE seen of them, neither seems to have anywhere close to the kind of tool kit Robert has. Quick, disciplined drops, decisive reads, quick delivery, touch, ball location and pure arm strength.

As these young pass/run QB's mature, they'll run less and pass more---defenses will see to it, as will Ma Nature. I just get the sneaky sense both Wilson and Kaep will develop into good NFL QB's, but as of yet I haven't seen elite passing potential in either.

I see in it spades with Robert. Even with my burgundy and gold shades off.

Isn't this Rak's last year under contract? Also was curious what their gonna do with Fred and that tag of his.

Isn't this Rak's last year under contract? Also was curious what their gonna do with Fred and that tag of his.

It's an unpopular claim, but we should have traded Orakpo last off-season. Unfortunately, he will not garner anything in a trade this off-season. Who knows? He's in a contract year coming off 2 injury shortened seasons...maybe he will have a career year or maybe he will continue to struggle in pass defense because he is in the wrong system.

It's an unpopular claim, but we should have traded Orakpo last off-season. Unfortunately, he will not garner anything in a trade this off-season. Who knows? He's in a contract year coming off 2 injury shortened seasons...maybe he will have a career year or maybe he will continue to struggle in pass defense because he is in the wrong system.

He took over the New Orleans game, in pass defense. Players grow, and the great players often get better.

Also, I think while he won't have the value he had last year, he would garner a 2nd or 3rd round pick to the right team, I have no doubt.

Yeah it's definitely a **** or get off the pot year for Rak. I'm actually on the fence wrt keeping him. Then again if there's a team out there offering a 2nd or even 3rd THIS offseason then we gotta jump imo.

We need all the pass rush we can get for our D to look decent. If there's anything positive coming from that goddamn Mara and capgate then i see the team being fiscally responsible from here on out. Only smart/reasonable salaries for those who earn it.

The Redskins are talking to a lot of TEs at the Senior Bowl this week.

The Redskins are talking to a lot of TEs at the Senior Bowl this week.

I was saying in another thread that I think we would likely get the most value in the 2nd round at the TE position and it is definitely a position of need. With a true threat at the TE position, we should be able to get more out of the current stable of young receivers.

I was hoping we would take a look at Jared Cook in FA but the more I read up on him, the more I see potential disaster if we sign him. He's coming off injury and has been crying in TN for the last 2 seasons. We don't need another prima dona who wants too much money even after an injury plagued season.

So here we are...in the off-season for 30 teams and instead of obsessing over free agency, combines, and the draft...player acquisitions and who we should acquire in the off-season, I am simply enjoying that we were in a playoff game this past season and we are a team on the rise.

I am still thinking about who we should acquire and what players we should look at in the off-season, but I am not obsessing.

I'm bored. Is this what it's like when you're offseason isn't your 7 game win streak to make it to the playoffs?
Posted via BGO Mobile Device

I have my sights on getting good value on a free safety or right tackle in Round 2.

Tight end is not even on my list of the top 3-4 needs on this team.

I agree we probably won't bring Davis back if he is not willing to work on a reasonable contract given the severity of the injury. He is not going to be coming back at $5M for 2013.

But again, teams can find solid tight ends in free agency. Seattle did, Denver did. Several others got TEs in the late rounds or as UDFA.

Sean had seven in eight games before he was murdered.

I still remember that Green Bay game, where he picked off Favre 3 times, and could have had 3 more. He almost had 6 picks in one game! Dude was off the charts.

Wonder if he's homesick or the team is pushing it? Oh well if he goes hope we can nab somebody respectable. Doesn't Virginia Tech always have a fantastic teams units?

Thank God.

When was the last time we had a decent kick returner? Who was before Rock Cartwright?

This guy has been miserable for ten years. I hereby name him......Vinny Cerrato 2.

And it says everything you need to know that we are letting him interview for a lateral position.

Fingers crossed. I don't even care if we get a better coach, I really just want him gone.

He may be the last of Snyder's favorites in the organization. This might truly signify a total cleansing of Dan's football mistakes.

Speaking of our staff interviewing elsewhere didn't Raheem interview with the Bears or something?

Speaking of our staff interviewing elsewhere didn't Raheem interview with the Bears or something?
For the DC position... they hired Mel Tucker.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 5, Members: 0, Guests: 5)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.