• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Random Commanders Thoughts

Alright well I just saw a headline a couple of days bragging about the Redskins building a roster full of good character. Can't seemed to find it and I tried for 15 minutes. Thought it would be funny/appropriate to post it here today. Heywe all hate a couple of the dbags on the Seahawks and the (cringe) Pukes because of what they do on the field. Mcwhatever seems to like nasty, hopefully (if signed) this guy can keep his nasty between the lines and focused on our opponents.

Edit , I'm thinking now it was an older reposted article about McGoo building the team through the draft based on character and bigger schools. Sprinkling in a badass once in a while wouldn't hurt as long as the core of the team is strong and remains that way. This guy seems to be a big risk though, not too sure we have the luxury of taking big risks while trying to build and improve from last in the division. Admit it, we're all kind of scared that the Pukes defense improved immensely with signing that that wifebeater they have. This seems like a knee jerk reaction I just don't see where he fits but hey what the hell do I know.

Last edited:
What I get more out of the Galette visit is that maybe Murphy and Smith aren't as far along as we all thought.

Bad ass and bad guy are totally different things. Period. One we could use, the other is unacceptable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What I get more out of the Galette visit is that maybe Murphy and Smith aren't as far along as we all thought.

I don't think it implies that at all. Every DC in the league is looking to maximize depth - I can't imagine there's more to this than that.

I hope this rumor is wrong. This isn't what this team needs and if true I think it reflects very poorly on our new DC's judgment.

McLovin's always had some bad apples on his teams. This shouldn't come as a surprise to anyone.

Well, I hope fans would express their displeasure. I don't need any other reasons to dampen my enthusiasm for this team.

You know, I'm trying to run through my head about who Scot has drafted that has been a problem child and I just cant think of anyone outside of Aldon Smith...and he wasn't there last year when Smith went completely crazy. Perhaps some names could be dropped as to who is meant.

Also, if Scot can get him to sign a deal that basically makes him walk with minimal money if he screws up this could be a good deal for us. Great player until he implodes and then gets nothing. I don't agree with him hitting women but he was getting jumped in that video on the beach...I would have done the exact same thing if in his position.

You know, I'm trying to run through my head about who Scot has drafted that has been a problem child and I just cant think of anyone outside of Aldon Smith...and he wasn't there last year when Smith went completely crazy. Perhaps some names could be dropped as to who is meant.

Also, if Scot can get him to sign a deal that basically makes him walk with minimal money if he screws up this could be a good deal for us. Great player until he implodes and then gets nothing. I don't agree with him hitting women but he was getting jumped in that video on the beach...I would have done the exact same thing if in his position.

Mike, I trust Scot too. One of the things that has stuck with me about how he goes about his business, is that he stresses how important it is to look a man in the eyes, and talk to him one on one to get an feeling of who the person is and where he is at. Scot has battled his own demons with drinking, but more than likely has internalized his issues as opposed to striking at others. It is very tough when you have serious life issues, while having to deal with a big business decision. I trust Scot in whatever he decides with this man.

Living down here in Saints country I was subjected to the incident quite a bit in the news and I have to agree with you Mike, the dude was basically surrounded and had people coming at him from all directions and its a belt for Gods sake, probably a lot safer than using his fists.

Now don't get me wrong, if you're living your life right you can typically avoid these types of situations. What I find more appalling is him and his obviously highly educated, fine upstanding citizen of a girl friend blasting the Saints on social media in a way that, even if true, should be handled in a much more appropriate manner. Lets hope he leaves the "better half" in NOLA if he does come to town.

I do question the move though, with the baggage, seems out of character for McC. As far as Murphy and Smith is concerned, I don't think its necessarily an indictment on them as much as it is Gallete is coming off a 10 sack season and was one of the few bright spots on a horrible Saints defense. Word is McC does his homework and if he's okay with signing him, even though I'm shaking my head while typing this, I have to give him the benefit of the doubt.

We passed on the likes of Randy Gregory and La'el Collins in the draft (both positions of need, but players with questionable character issues).

To me, that was the proper approach to take as this team builds from the ground up in hopes of building a special team that is eventually of championship quality.

In a season that is likely going to be one that is a building block towards future success, I'm not quite sure if you need another circus story. We've had enough of those over the years.

Bringing in a Galette on a flier to me would be something you consider if you've already got a strong locker room in place, a team on the verge of winning a title, and a group of players who won't let a newcomer with a questionable past interfere with the goal of winning a championship. Similarly to the way in which the Patriots have brought in the likes of guys like Moss, Dillon, and Blount over the years who simply towed the line so to speak.

Moreover, does this do anything to humble Galette and inspire him to change in the grand scheme of things? The guy would essentially still be employed and have an opportunity at making right and cashing in again a season from now.

Quite honestly, I'm not for this type of potential move and have a hard time cheering for guys like this.

I trust McL to make the best decisions for this team. haven't been disappointed thus far.

McD, we can say the same about you. "a source" GTFO with that shit if you want any legitimate person to ever listen. the article also seems to be about LAST YEAR which shows me that someone is just eager to post about drama.....

CH, I would take Galete over 2 rookies any time. Junior has 22 sacks in the NFL in the past 2 season, these guys dont. Our locker room seems to be filling up with guys who want to win, are training together, and all feel upbeat about this season. I would think if he was brought onboard he would just shut up and gel like the rest of them are.

Is this really that difficult to believe or news-worthy? It was evident to anyone with a set of eyes that Gruden had a hard-on for Robert before the regular season even started last year. No QB Coach and Robert barely had any reps in the preseason.

Nick

McD, we can say the same about you. "a source" GTFO with that shit if you want any legitimate person to ever listen. the article also seems to be about LAST YEAR which shows me that someone is just eager to post about drama.....

What source was this? And when does he start?

Apparently Cooley to the cards is a deal

dude, the "source" came from the article YOU just posted. there is nobody talking about it outright or saying, "yeah, I am the guy" PLUS its from last year. it has zero to do with this training camp or 2015.

CH, I would take Galete over 2 rookies any time. Junior has 22 sacks in the NFL in the past 2 season, these guys dont. Our locker room seems to be filling up with guys who want to win, are training together, and all feel upbeat about this season. I would think if he was brought onboard he would just shut up and gel like the rest of them are.

Didn't know Galette and Knighton played together in College, that makes this move a little more intriquing. Wouldn't be surprised if Scot has already asked Pot Roast about Juniors character and I just read Pot Roast would love to have him on the team. If it happens, maybe being reunited with a former teammate and NFL veteran would set him on the right path?

Again Mike, lord I hope this doesn't become a habit, but I agree with you. He's proven himself in the league, adds depth and allows our rookies to develop behind him. We shall see!

Didn't know Galette and Knighton played together in College, that makes this move a little more intriquing. Wouldn't be surprised if Scot has already asked Pot Roast about Juniors character and I just read Pot Roast would love to have him on the team. If it happens, maybe being reunited with a former teammate and NFL veteran would set him on the right path?

Again Mike, lord I hope this doesn't become a habit, but I agree with you. He's proven himself in the league, adds depth and allows our rookies to develop behind him. We shall see!

well, kiss my ass and call me Betty. Whats up, ZoEd? Long time now speak, bro. I have a buddy who lives down in NO and is a huge Saints fan. he is pretty much echoing what you said: great asset on the field, headache off. we need to be able to hit the QB so our CBs get some time...that still seems to be our weak spot. I agree he is a headache and a risk but if hes cheap and we cover our 6 he should be ok.

if he knows Knighton from college I wonder if he knows Baker too since Pot Roast and Swaggy grew up together?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 4, Members: 0, Guests: 4)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.