• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Random Commanders Thoughts

Gawd, I hope Jerruh lives to be 120 and stays the GM until he's 110.

I think this is the year Romo actually breaks. And, Whitten is running on fumes.

We went from 1st to last in 2013. It's the pukes' turn this year.

Don't bet money. Whatever you do, don't bet money. If you just have an urge to give money away, let's find a charity, seriously.

Nice try fan. Both have been the hot talking points and its not going away....at all. If you can sit back and enjoy pre-season and first 4 games while reserving any opinion and judgement, then more power to you. Here's where I'm at with these guys.

I expect Griffin to get a ton of reps in pre-season games. If he only gets two series and that's it, well that just doesn't cut it. He needs lot of game reps and practice practice and more practice. I don't care about the risk of injury. He'll get hurt in a hurry if he is not up to game speed with play execution and improvisation. He needs the practice. We will be in serious trouble to start the season (once again) if Robert is not ready for prime time. History has shown we have not been prepared or otherwise ready when the season starts. That has got to change first.

Secondly, I don't buy in to the premise that this is a "make or break" year for Robert. Not at all, if he shows progress and we win 8 or 7 or even 6, then he returns as our guy. I see Gruden committing to that as I see McClou committing to Gruden.
On the other hand, if he/we start out slow again, and start most of the games behind which takes away the planned power running game, then early losses may find Robert fighting for this job. If that becomes the case, then I doubt the commitment to him stays past the bye.

No specifics here, just a generalization from where last year left me. I don't have that "hope and a prayer" attitude going in to this year. I expect results and I expect them to show me the work ethic to get the results. We are going to lose some and win some, but two things I want to see changed is Robert showing progress early, and Gruden showing he can get this team prepared to play early. Then we'll go from there.

it's not a try! it's what I'm going to do.

I do believe we're moving down the same path - waiting to see what happens. all is good!

Skins D is going to eat him alive this year - watch...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Skins D is going to eat him alive this year - watch...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And last year too!!

tony-romo-injury-800.jpg

I don't usually refer to on-line posts since they are just one person's opinion. that said....vis Winston......

Interceptions Raising Doubts About Jameis Winston's NFL Potential | Bleacher Report

"It would be a surprise, at this point, if Winston was selected ahead of Mariota. While Winston has more experience playing under pressure and completing throws with high degrees of difficulty, Mariota has asserted himself as the top draft-eligible quarterback with a stellar season that could also make him this year’s Heisman Trophy winner."

Surprise, surprise, surprise. lol

Just finished catching up on the last four pages of this thread and amazingly enough they read just like 4 pages from June and 4 pages from May and 4 pages from April...

This thread is now anything but random. :(

Well I guess we could all comment on our favorite colors or such. :)

I wonder how Scot M feels about mustard yellow pants.

MAROON AND BLACK... AND YELLOW!!!!111

LOL!!

When you want to talk about low points of our franchise you can always bring that up. You don't even know the colors of one of the oldest teams in the league and you're the coach?

"It would be a surprise, at this point, if Winston was selected ahead of Mariota. While Winston has more experience playing under pressure and completing throws with high degrees of difficulty, Mariota has asserted himself as the top draft-eligible quarterback with a stellar season that could also make him this year’s Heisman Trophy winner."

Surprise, surprise, surprise. lol

everyone knew Tampa was gonna pick the FL guy. no surprise there.

I'm not a Griffin 'believer' by any stretch. But I would love to see him shut some of you guys up. I would absolutely love it.

So would I! It would mean we are winning again. But the reality is this guy will crush any expectation you guys have. We are not running a college spread offense, he does not have the same speed and dynamics he did just a few seasons ago if we were going to.

I still cannot believe we have such optimism when RG3 is discussed. He never was a great QB. He was once a boy among men in the athletic, physically gifted department, which allowed his coach to exploit his abilities, thus giving this organization one season of glory.

Yeah, I'd say it was worth the price paid. From day one, I told you all what would happen and so far, I have been spot on with this cat. He would flash, he would get hurt. His style of play is not conducive to the NFL.

You guys keep your hopes up...I refuse to live in a dream world.

You know El, not to get personal, but you recently shared as publically as possible that there was a time in your life when everyone around you had written you off, that your life was over, and there was no chance that would change.

But it did.

It's strange to me that you can't conceive of the possibility of redemption in others. I don't know if Griffin can turn it around and succeed. But I know that potential evolution would be nothing compared to what you did in your own life. Surely you can see it can happen.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 3, Members: 0, Guests: 3)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.