• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Random Commanders Thoughts

Good thing there is no actual historical evidence of Redskins being used for oppression. All there ever is spoken about is that some people find it offensive. It is luckily very different(read: different continent different) from the other racial issues that continue to crop up, no matter how badly some try to shoehorn it in.
Logic has no place when people want to be "offended". I fully agree with you for the record.

Logic has no place when people want to be "offended". I fully agree with you for the record.

Oh, I know. It's just easier to defend and the arguments are shot down easily, and any of the attempts to try and link the two are quickly shown to be false. I know a lot of people get worried about a name change, but I really don't see it happening. There will be a lot of whining, but people are always whining about something....

Granted, I am among those that would be done with the team if they remove half of my reason for watching. So I really hope they never take that away. I just don't buy in to the belief that it will be gone in the next few years. It's too easy to defend, as there really isn't a history of it being used to signify oppression of a group or by those hurting a group, unlike the other things that have been popping up. It may offend some, but it isn't like it's plastered all over things that are used against Native Americans/American Indians/etc.

And don't worry, I know I'm preaching to the choir :p

Oh, I know. It's just easier to defend and the arguments are shot down easily, and any of the attempts to try and link the two are quickly shown to be false. I know a lot of people get worried about a name change, but I really don't see it happening. There will be a lot of whining, but people are always whining about something....

Granted, I am among those that would be done with the team if they remove half of my reason for watching. So I really hope they never take that away. I just don't buy in to the belief that it will be gone in the next few years. It's too easy to defend, as there really isn't a history of it being used to signify oppression of a group or by those hurting a group, unlike the other things that have been popping up. It may offend some, but it isn't like it's plastered all over things that are used against Native Americans/American Indians/etc.

And don't worry, I know I'm preaching to the choir :p

yeah, but you're a cool preacher and I dig it.

If the name changes I am with you as to not being a fan of any team but just the NFL in general. I dont even know how I will do that and not get sad\upset every time I see the teams name on TV.

Well, for myself, I know I've said it before. Changing the name kills the team, and it's history stops at that moment.

My hope would be for Snyder to relocate the team to Los Angeles. Rename them "The Deadskins", so no one would ever forget how the team was murdered by PC vigilantes. And have the new logo be a Zombie. Any and all references to American Indians would be permanently gone.

I would root for THAT team. Anything else, and my affair with the NFL is over.

I'll wear/use my Redskins gear until I die. I will buy black market merchandise, if necessary, with the name and logo. And I will wish long, painful, torturous death, on all responsible for the idiotic deed.

It's changing, and very few, if any will actually leave.

People always say statements like that. "I'll move to Canada if so and so is elected. I'll leave South Carolina if they ever take down the flag."

Bullshit. No one ever leaves.

STATEMENT FROM BRUCE ALLEN

I am surprised by the judge's decision to prevent us from presenting our evidence in an open trial. We look forward to winning on appeal after a fair and impartial review of the case. We are convinced that we will win because the facts and the law are on the side of our franchise that has proudly used the name Redskins for more than 80 years.

My hope would be for Snyder to relocate the team to Los Angeles. Rename them "The Deadskins", so no one would ever forget how the team was murdered by PC vigilantes. And have the new logo be a Zombie. Any and all references to American Indians would be permanently gone.

Well... unless it was an Indian zombie...

Nick

People always say statements like that. "I'll move to Canada if so and so is elected. I'll leave South Carolina if they ever take down the flag."

I am surprised by the judge's decision to prevent us from presenting our evidence in an open trial. We look forward to winning on appeal after a fair and impartial review of the case. We are convinced that we will win because the facts and the law are on the side of our franchise that has proudly used the name Redskins for more than 80 years.

Oh, if you want to bet me whether I will or not, just let me know how much money you will pay me if it happened. I don't make idle threats. I mean that I would be done in that case, no caveats.

I like free money!

so, basically you are now saying that those who just said it here are liars? What would be the point in that?

I think he's saying that saying something and doing something are two different things.

There is only one way to find out and I hope it doesn't come to that.

Oh, if you want to bet me whether I will or not, just let me know how much money you will pay me if it happened. I don't make idle threats. I mean that I would be done in that case, no caveats.

I like free money!

I wouldn't want you to leave, and wouldn't feel good that giving you $1k would help in that regard.

No one's leaving because of the name. Just like you wouldn't disown your daughter if she got married and her name changed.

If anyone really leaves, it will be because the team and organization sucks. Because they are tired of being in the same company as Cleveland Browns fans. Because they are sick of losing.

Not because of some name. That would just be some bs excuse.

And I guarantee that if we win the SB this season, and then the name changes? No one will give a crap. They'll all continue to be fans the following year.

You have no idea what I nor anyone else would do or why we would do it. If I say something you can best believe that is the reason why its happening. I am known for a lot of things, but a liar is none of them.

I have stuck with this team through Norval, Spurrier, swinging gates. collusion, 3-13, and whatever other disaster there was. I have done so as a homer and as big of a rah rah guy as there is.

If the Redskins change their name I am leaving the team. Point blank. You calling people liars and saying that is not why they would leave is stupid.

If by wild chance we go 14-2 this season and win the SB?

No one's leaving in that case. No one's going to give up on that.

People are pissed at the thought of the name changing at this moment. But people want to win much more than a name.

Imagine these two choices:

1. Keep the name, and we continue to suck for the next decade.

or

2. Change the name, and we win 3 of the next 5 SBs.

Which would you choose?

99.999% of people would prefer choice 2.

I wouldn't want you to leave, and wouldn't feel good that giving you $1k would help in that regard.

No one's leaving because of the name. Just like you wouldn't disown your daughter if she got married and her name changed.

If anyone really leaves, it will be because the team and organization sucks. Because they are tired of being in the same company as Cleveland Browns fans. Because they are sick of losing.

Not because of some name. That would just be some bs excuse.

And I guarantee that if we win the SB this season, and then the name changes? No one will give a crap. They'll all continue to be fans the following year.

I'm Native American. I chose to be a fan of this team, which I have no locational attachment to, based on it being a respectful Native Mascot(if I were into hockey I'd definitely go for the Blackhawks, and I was all about FSU when I was younger and still watched college regularly). I will buy in as a fan because that is what makes it fun, but if you think I'm not leaving over the name if it were to be changed(it won't), you don't realize what brought me to this team in the first place.

I'm only saying about the bet because I like free money. It wouldn't be an incentive.

Yeah, you are just trying to mess with us now. There is no way you couldn't have read what we both have said several times now.

Also, I completely where you are coming from about idle threats. But, just like statistics, you can use it to take a guess, but if you start painting people with the same brush, you find out how many contours actually exist that you didn't see before.

Shi...there are a small number of people that would leave. You have a unique situation, in that you are NA. I respect that, and understand your reasoning if you did leave.

My belief is that if we light it up, go 14-2 and win a SB, that there will be plenty more demand for season tickets the following year than there is right now.

People will want to see if we can do it again. Name change or not.

And if we do win that SB, and keep all of the NA imagery and tradition? You may feel differently at that time. It's impossible to know for certain how you'll feel in the future.

Bullshit. No one .

I'll leave - and you'll know it because this site will either cease to exist or one of the other owners can carry on. If the Redskins cave to bullshit pc pressure I'm done.

I'm not sure how you are so emphatic it will change as the owner has been equally emphatic it won't?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Success or lack of it has nothing to do with how I feel about a name change. I'm not sure why you think you have your finger in the pulse McD5. The name issue transcends a lot of other things for a lot of fans.

Success or lack of it has nothing to do with how I feel about a name change. I'm not sure why you think you have your finger in the pulse McD5. The name issue transcends a lot of other things for a lot of fans.

I think if the Seattle Seahawks suddenly changed their name tomorrow to the Seattle Warriors.....that the stands would still be packed this season. TV ratings wouldn't suffer a bit.

People want to watch winning football.

You came in after 3 people said they would leave if the team changed their name and called them liars. You said that we wouldn't leave and your "reasons" behind it have nothing to do with why I root for the team. I have lived through 14-2, 3 super bowl wins, multiple hall of fame players, and a trip to Canton. You don't know anything about why I or anyone would stay or leave unless you listen.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 3, Members: 0, Guests: 3)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.