• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Random Commanders Thoughts

Darren Sharper spent the entire session of the NFL networks look in on our training camp talking **** on us.

"You gotta look at QBs. Eli is better and we haven't even talked about the cowboys yet "

"Im not saying the skins won the east because the nfc east was strugglng, but they were struggling and we need to think about that"

"Michael Vick is as talented a QB as Griffin is and chip kelly will have them making more plays than the skins can"

"Haslett likes a veteran safety and the redskins dont have one"

Obviously those are paraphrased but thats the gist of it. I wanted to punch him.

Well when you step away from the B&G window we often stand in front of the defense did struggle mightily last year, we have a couple of injury concerns and a few depth issues. Is not all rainbows and puppy dogs when you look at it from the outside. I think everybody's forgetting Merriweather but even he is a big question mark. Eli has won 2 superbowls and Tony friggin Romo dazzles people with his stats. Bryant has real talent and so do Nicks and Cruz. Vick? haha. There's talent in our division, honestly Chip Kelly's use of McCoy is a worry I've had. We haven't shown any consistency in decades. Its up to our team to prove these guys wrong, it only hurts cause it's somewhat true.

Instead of hate on these guys who bash us, I try to glean some kind of perspective out of it. Unless they do it over and over again because they are bias. :cuss: Sharper? What's he got against the skins? These guys prove each and every year they don't know ****. Just like us but with bigger paychex and a worse memory!

Six weeks until we stomp the piss out of the Iggles on Monday Night Football to open the season. HOORAY!

BB are you there watching them or reporting from various sources?
If you're there does Tyler Polumbus look ANY better at RT or does griff need his head on a swivel again?

I am getting the news from various sources.

Polumbus is struggling. Trueblood is third string and probably does not make the team. Pashos could be pushing Polumbus - time will tell.

When Rambo makes a play on defense I hope the whole stadium yells "GOOOOOOOOOOOO!"

(Wife's idea)

More updates on players having a good camp, including today...

Rex Grossman had a very good day of practice and completed many long, downfield passes.

Darryl Tapp is having a very good camp and is solidifying his status as a dependable role player at OLB.

Aldrick Robinson continues to impress his teammates each day, especially on the shorter routes.

Kirk Cousins had a very good day after a lackluster start to training camp.

Quietly, Chase Minnifield is having a very good camp too and made the play of the day on defense - an interception while covering Devery Henderson. He also batted a sure catch away from Pierre Garcon.

Tony Pashos had a better day than Tyler Polumbus.

Kevin Matthews may have the backup center position decidedly in his favor.

Pat White had a horrible start to camp, but he was much improved today.

Rookies...

David Amerson had another solid day of practice.

Brandon Jenkins was a beast today and played for a while with the first team defense.

Skye Dawson continues to impress.

Jordan Reed is having a monster camp and had his best day thus far with several athletic plays/catches. He continues to blaze by safeties and is too big for corners to cover. It looks as if Reed is going to be a game changing playmaker much sooner rather than later.

Williams did an interview with fox 5 today. He wore a burgundy cutoff shirt with HOGS in big gold letters across it.

It looked good.

I like Williams. A lot.

No no no, I was telling my buddy who is a huge Sooners fan the other day that Trent endeared himself to us fans with all that. I love his nasty streak.

I am getting the news from various sources.

Polumbus is struggling. Trueblood is third string and probably does not make the team. Pashos could be pushing Polumbus - time will tell.

Gotcha, appreciate the info you're relaying all the same.

Griffin should worry more about using the pocket he does have.

True, though that pocket is usually only present when TP's end forgets to rush.

I hope like hell Kyle calls far less running plays for Griff this season as well.

True, though that pocket is usually only present when TP's end forgets to rush.

I hope like hell Kyle calls far less running plays for Griff this season as well.

I noticed that more than a couple of times last year, when the OTs would ride the edge rusher to the outside, that Griffin didn't step into the pocket and the OTs were basically influencing the edge rush right into him. But also, as the season went into the last few games, the interior pocket was collapsing pretty quickly and there wasn't anything to step into.

Straight up pass pro in obvious passing situations will likely always be problematic for this unit, but I think that Shanahan is willing to eat that if he can get the zone blocking he's looking for.

Fingers crossed that RG will have a much better pocket presence all the way around. I agree, with our current o-line it's gonna take every bit of Griff wising up in addition to the piglets taking a big step forward.

I do love a solid run game more than anyone but this unit still worries me on 3rd and long situations.

Redskins have signed LB Nick Barnett.

The last tweets I have seen indicate Barnett is here for a physical/interview but not signed yet-you got a mole you're using? :)

These are the latest I've seen:

Rich Campbell @Rich_Campbell

Haz, Brown and Barnett: twitter.com
3m

Rich Campbell @Rich_Campbell

Free agent LB Nick Barnett working out for Redskins. Director of pro personnel Morocco Brown among onlookers: twitter.com
7m

Mike Jones @MikeJonesWaPo

LB coach Bob Slowik helping put Barnett through his workout.
9m

Mike Jones @MikeJonesWaPo

Nick Barnett going through some drills for a workout w #Redskins right now. Bruce Allen watching.

We need a veteran backup ILB before the season starts. Bruce and Mike are jumping on this one quickly.

Looks like Henderson is washed up at 31.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 13, Members: 0, Guests: 13)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.