• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Random Commanders Thoughts

Brian Orakpo is talking a lot lately. All his chirping leads me to believe he is shopping himself for next year. I think he knows if he doesn't have a good year he's gonna have to go on name recognition to someone who staffs their team like we used to. And if he does have a good year he will use other teams' interest in him against us in negotiations.

Disagree - I think 4-3 teams will be all over him, as 4-3 DE is a more suitable position for his skill-set. He'll get no shortage of offers.

Disagree - I think 4-3 teams will be all over him, as 4-3 DE is a more suitable position for his skill-set. He'll get no shortage of offers.

So what exactly do you disagree with? If 4-3 teams will be all over him my notion of him using that against us is on the same level. Oh wait you just have to disagree... my bad. If he has a bad year teams will be all over him? Not likely. Injuries and ineffectiveness against top talent will shorten the list of suitors.

So what exactly do you disagree with? If 4-3 teams will be all over him my notion of him using that against us is on the same level. Oh wait you just have to disagree... my bad. If he has a bad year teams will be all over him? Not likely. Injuries and ineffectiveness against top talent will shorten the list of suitors.

Huh? Give the personal crap a rest, Kev - you're better than that. I disagree with the notion that a poor performance this year will limit the amount of offers he receives (outside of a career-threatening injury, obviously). Teams that run a 4-3 will want to sign him to see what he can do in that defense, regardless of what he does this year in a different defense.

I know there are many on here that love to jump on the "Orakpo is overrated" bandwagon, but its just not true. He'll get a big payday somewhere, whether its in DC or not.

Does getting a big payday somehow refute the idea that he's overrated?

;)

Huh? Give the personal crap a rest, Kev - you're better than that. I disagree with the notion that a poor performance this year will limit the amount of offers he receives (outside of a career-threatening injury, obviously). Teams that run a 4-3 will want to sign him to see what he can do in that defense, regardless of what he does this year in a different defense.

I know there are many on here that love to jump on the "Orakpo is overrated" bandwagon, but its just not true. He'll get a big payday somewhere, whether its in DC or not.

Personal crap a rest? Not personal... all of your opinions are stated as fact. More and more. I'll just continue to call it as I see it.

Personal crap a rest? Not personal... all of your opinions are stated as fact. More and more. I'll just continue to call it as I see it.

My opinions are stated as opinions. You read them or read into them how you want to. Pretty sure when someone says "I think" they are clearly stating an opinion, but whatever.

Anyway, that's not what you said - you said "Oh wait you just have to disagree... my bad." Not sure where all this is coming from, but if you've got a problem with the way I post, there's an ignore feature that's real easy to use on here.

EDIT: And when you call me out for stating opinions as facts or disagreeing just to disagree, that is personal. You are commenting only to take a shot at me, not to further the discussion. Attack the post, not the poster.

My opinions are stated as opinions. You read them or read into them how you want to. Pretty sure when someone says "I think" they are clearly stating an opinion, but whatever.

Anyway, that's not what you said - you said "Oh wait you just have to disagree... my bad." Not sure where all this is coming from, but if you've got a problem with the way I post, there's an ignore feature that's real easy to use on here.

EDIT: And when you call me out for stating opinions as facts or disagreeing just to disagree, that is personal. You are commenting only to take a shot at me, not to further the discussion. Attack the post, not the poster.

I disagree.

Guys, its ok to disagree. We shouldn't need to justify it to eachother.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

One of the local news stations caught Shanahan on the golf course for a few questions.

He has the worst golf swing I've ever seen. I'm sure it works for him, but holy cow he looks uncoordinated with that swing.

Jim Lachey is the most talented offensive lineman we've ever had. Discuss...

I'd give a nod to Chris Samuels - if he'd been on a team worth half a crap, he'd be talked about a lot more. Its sad that he was mired on terrible teams for his entire career. He could do it all - shut down speed rushers, power rushers, run block, pull - he was the prototype LT. I'll admit Lachey played when I was very young though - so I don't have a lot of visual memories of him.

While Lachey was great, back issues forced him into early retirement so it's hard to say he was the most talented. I kinda agree with Lanky that Samuels was as good, if not better. Also, Russ Grimm is in the HOF so it's hard not to put in an argument for him as well.

We DEFINITELY got the better deal in that Schroeder-for-Lachey trade though.

I think Lachey's problem was two-fold...injuries being one but the fact he came along after the Hogs and big Joe may have down played his importance. Lachey was everything you mentioned about Samuels. I will say Chris is close and I don't know many of our lineman beyond the hogs...was too young.

I specifically used the term most talented...I still think Russ Grimm was the "best" offensive lineman we've ever had. Had Lachey had more time? Who knows?

I tried to find a video clip of Lachey destroying the Raiders' DB who intercepted a Rypien pass, one of the hardest hits I have ever seen in football.

I'm with ya on Lachey E. For me the deciding factor on his greatness was displayed every time we played the Giants. He absolutely owned LT.

I'm not sure I agree. Lachey never had to pull like Grimm or Bostic, and didn't have to snap then fire out like Hauss. He might have been the most athletic, but I can't say that he was more 'talented' than Grimm, Jacoby, Hauss, or even Turk Edwards (who was a beast back in the day).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 3, Members: 0, Guests: 3)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.