• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Random Commanders Thoughts

Let's start a new thread on cuts/releases.

But Jackson is listed right behind Kerrigan on the depth chart at LOLB??

I don't understand this one.

He was unable to make the switch from right side to left. And in addition to what El said.

Let's start a new thread on cuts/releases.

We can just wait for the official press release, unless something really crazy happens. Another cut or two have just been announced, but nothing shocking.

Cousins to the Rams for a couple of firsts? :drive:

Hell even one 1st would work. Could parley it into several 2nds and 3rds.

Edit: I know you're kidding, but I'd jump on a 1st for Kirk in a heartbeat!

Last edited:
I like you tr1, it's nothing personal - but that's just throwing shit at the wall my friend.

He said a lot of things that fly in the face of your interpretation - primarily, that he's not concerned at all about last night's performance by the offense or specifically by Griffin. He stated that he knows what he's got on offense, has seen them perform at a high level most of the time in practice and scrimmages, and while there are things to work on, he is not overly concerned.

You saw unemotional. I saw calm and non-plussed. My opinion is no more valid than anyone else's. But I'm not pretending I'm a mind reader.

Unfortunately, with Griffin underwhelming, there's no way we move Cousins. It really is unfortunate because we probably could get that kind of compensation for him if Griffin looked like he was returning to rookie form. Instead, he'll be an insurance policy for a bit, and then we'll lose him getting nothing in return. Too bad.

RGIII to the Rams for three first... ?

I keed, I keed... sort of...

Nick

A lot of clipboard holders have put up good numbers this preseason. Not knocking Cousins at all, I like him a lot and believe he's got all the talent/potential in the world and is an asset to the team; however, we are talking about preseason, not a game, not a game, but preseason. If RG3 stinks it up in the regular season, then the real QB controversy begins.

I just got this feeling that opening day is going to be 2012-esque. Maybe I'm too optimistic, but the weapons on offense...

And, I like you, too, Boone.

But, without hesitation, I'd say about 89% of what we all say here is speculation.

Sure, I'm not in Gruden's head, and sure, he used coach-speak last night to downplay another dreadful offensive performance, but I don't think any fans were happy with what they saw. Were you? Aren't you the least bit concerned that Cousins continues to outplay the franchise guy?

If Gruden's not overly concerned, I think he should be.

And, yeah, that's just my opinion.

I feel you on most of that. I'm just trying to provide some balance. I thought Griffin was awful last night. Not bad. Not imperfect. Awful. But I also recognize it was just 1/2 a meaningless pre-season game, on a wet field against a good defense. He had a bad night. And I think that's exactly what Gruden said. And Griffin isn't the only guy on the field on offense, although I know a lot of us like to pretend he is :) I thought the offense looked great against the Browns. You thought they were dreadful?

And, I like you, too, Boone.

But, without hesitation, I'd say about 89% of what we all say here is speculation.

Sure, I'm not in Gruden's head, and sure, he used coach-speak last night to downplay another dreadful offensive performance, but I don't think any fans were happy with what they saw. Were you? Aren't you the least bit concerned that Cousins continues to outplay the franchise guy?

If Gruden's not overly concerned, I think he should be.

And, yeah, that's just my opinion.

Gruden needs to be honest in my opinion. He's seen RG3 all offseason. Tell us the straight dope Grudes. No coach speak please. It is his rep/career on the line...

RGIII to the Rams for three first... ?

I keed, I keed... sort of...

Nick

Sort of? Boo to you sir lol...

I still believe. I know what I saw two years ago...and it wasn't all read option...

BTW, why do the haters everywhere say the RO was figured out after an ENTIRE season that it wasn't? The brace/recovery hindered the Skins from running it like 2012, and even then, RG3 generated a considerable amount of offense. The read option I believe is as effective as ever; however, you have to be committed to having your QB run it.

I think Gruden HAS been honest. What evidence is there to the contrary. He's called out players who made mistakes consistently - including Robert. When he says he's not especially worried, I believe him.

I think Gruden HAS been honest. What evidence is there to the contrary. He's called out players who made mistakes consistently - including Robert. When he says he's not especially worried, I believe him.

I wasn't implying otherwise. I was implying that it is in his best interest to do so. If he's not worried neither am I...for now.

Just an aside, but Tony Gonzalez picked us to go from worst to first. Long live T Gonz! He's on the Pain Train!

I thought the Browns game was okay...but, it was the Browns.

No, what concerns me that o-line and RGIII's knee-jerk reaction to scramble. Sometimes he needs to scramble...sometimes he needs to stay put. He doesn't seem to move around the pocket, but gets out of it. Brady, Brees, Rodgers...they feel the pocket...I'm not seeing that with RGIII.

Then again, with the o-line, there never is really a good pocket.

Hey, I'm whining. When we start winning, my whining will stop, and my pom-poms will come out in full bloom.

:cheers:

I see the same issue. He never moves to expand the pocket or to evade the pass rush and then reset and look downfield. He's either in the pocket, or he's gone. That has to change. The other issue is that once he does take off, he does not seem to ever want to look for a WR as he's running. That's unfortunate because that threat would be considerable. Teams would have to worry about flushing him out of the pocket, instead of making that a primary goal with the knowledge that they are going to get a free shot at him. I see a lot of what you do. How can you not see it? I'm just a little more positive about the long-term outlook. And I think Gruden is a hell of a coach who is going to be able to teach him over time.

Two observations (and speculation):

First, I think we've seen very little of the playbook. Perhaps five to ten percent of it and nothing more. In preseason last year, the Eagles ran a basic offense and things looked average at best and mostly subpar. Then Chippy unleashes his offense in the regular season. Will we see something of a repeat Redskins style. Maybe so.

Second, it is about the injuries or lack thereof. San Diego's prized NT (Geathers) went down a short time ago and could be lost for the season. Many teams have the injury bug early on and the Redskins are looking good in this department.

Let's see what the regular season will bring and how it unfolds. Hoping that we will avoid the injury bug in the final preseason game and throughout the season as well.

I see the same issue. He never moves to expand the pocket or to evade the pass rush and then reset and look downfield. He's either in the pocket, or he's gone. That has to change. The other issue is that once he does take off, he does not seem to ever want to look for a WR as he's running. That's unfortunate because that threat would be considerable. Teams would have to worry about flushing him out of the pocket, instead of making that a primary goal with the knowledge that they are going to get a free shot at him. I see a lot of what you do. How can you not see it? I'm just a little more positive about the long-term outlook. And I think Gruden is a hell of a coach who is going to be able to teach him over time.

Yep. How do you teach RG3 not to use his badass athleticism in lieu of keeping his eyes down the field? I think once he goes into runner mode, he thinks the onus is on him to make the play. Have faith in your playmakers RG3!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 5, Members: 0, Guests: 5)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.