• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Random Commanders Thoughts

Brian McNally@bmcnally14 <small class="time" style="font-size: 13px; color: rgb(136, 153, 166);"> 42s</small>
RG3 sensitive now on praise of Gruden = slap at Shanahans. "I’ve learned I can’t say anything about Jay without it being twisted or turned…"

I see RG3 is reading my posts on here.

As we all know, it's going to be really weird (for both fans and for Jon Gruden) when Gruden calls our ESPN games.
The question is how will he refer to Jay Gruden.
It's going to seem awkward either way.
Most commentators refer to coaches by their last name.
But if Jon does that, it would be really awkward for Jon to refer to his own brother by his last name alone.
But if he refers to him by his first name, that would feel awkward to the listeners.
He may refer by last name, and slip up often, and call him by his first.
Or he may refer to him as Coach Jay, or Coach Gruden.
It doesn't really matter what he calls him, as long as ESPN allows him to call the Redskins, the "Redskins"

Corn rows and a slow drawl when I talk is next

I'm treating this season (including offseason) as a "Hit the reset, start anew" season. I'm intentionally putting the woes of last season and the awesomeness of the prior season behind me completely. Dwelling on the past, for us at least, is detrimental.

Lets see how this new team, with lots of new players, new system, and new staff handle our Skins. Personally, I'm very hopeful.

I see so much potential (though to be fair, I have other seasons too) and I want to see it blossom without adding the "what ifs" at this stage. If it goes wrong, there will be plenty of time for agony. I refuse to engage in it already!

I'm at my gf's house this morning, and am typing on a strange computer that won't let me post pics. But let's be honest, I'm pretty tech challenged even when I'm on a brand new computer.

Anyway, there are some great pictures going around that illustrate how Gruden is different from our previous coaches. They show Gruden lining up at CB against Garcon and all of our other WRs too. Real, live plays.

Jordan Reed got by him on one play for a reception. I imagine several of the receivers likely beat him.

I love that about our coach, and I bet it keeps the players engaged in the practices. I also think they respect it.

Anyway, there are some great pictures going around that illustrate how Gruden is different from our previous coaches. They show Gruden lining up at CB against Garcon and all of our other WRs too. Real, live plays.

Jordan Reed got by him on one play for a reception. I imagine several of the receivers likely beat him.

I love that about our coach, and I bet it keeps the players engaged in the practices. I also think they respect it.

To be fair, Shanahan got himself a concussion through contact drills with players

:wall:

Last edited:
I'll bet! If you get a chance, head over to our 'Introductions' thread and tell us a little about yourself.

Welcome to the site :cheers:

So glad to see most of the national media coverage focused on the Browns and when it comes to the NFC East, the Eagles.

Like be under...no submerged, beneath the radar.

Also, like that Trent Murphy and WR Grant's names keep popping up in the twitter coverage...in a good way.

Excited to see these guys in action!

Redskins Jay Gruden on a mission.

"I know its in the past, but we dont do 3-13. We practice like its game day. Full pads."

Saw a random tweet somewhere that said Jay Gruden told his players they were 3-13...put the damn pads on. Damn skippy

See MD comes through with the actual quote... Nice

I have yet to see anything from Jay Gruden that I don't like.

And, man, do I like that.

Chris Thompson is continuing to get positive attention from coaches and players. I am hoping so hard that his injuries are behind him and that he can develop into the threat that I thought he could.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 3, Members: 0, Guests: 3)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.