• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Random Commanders Thoughts

Think Neild is still around, reportedly 'on the bubble' but training camp will start to sort out who goes and when.

Unless you're Robinson and then you already won your spot from OTAs...

Jk

The Pocono Punisher and 'Fangs' Garcon on American Muscle.
This is the show that I believe MikeSr was talking about, the trainer big props Neild.

Hard not to root for the Punisher.

The guy coming off the record-setting season opted for the same trainer as the one just trying to hang on. Washington Redskins wide receiver Pierre Garcon wants to build on 2013; Chris Neild wants to make the roster. And Mike Barwis worked with both toward that goal -- as the series, "American Muscle," will highlight.

Neild Barwis, a senior advisor to the New York Mets and a consultant for the Miami Dolphins, has long worked with Neild and became a strong admirer years ago. This past offseason was the first time he worked with Garcon, who wanted to improve his explosiveness with route-running.

by Keim

Redskins' Pierre Garcon, Chris Neild featured on 'American Muscle' - ESPN

Last edited:
Easy to throw that out there Fear - I'd be interested to know why that's so obvious. We always have lots of reasons why players we draft don't make it except for the most obvious reason of them all. I'm not saying Neild can't succeed but if he doesn't it's more about latent ability than the Redskins poor management of the team. It usually is. That's why you see players leave the Redskins and almost always end up out of football in a year or two vs. lighting it up elsewhere.

Funny how we as Redskins fans can hold candles up for the quasi mediocre and bash the talent we do actually have. Not pointing any fingers in particular, we're all guilty to a degree.

Looks like Hank could start training camp on the PUP.

Unfortunately I think the writing on the wall for him

I didn't mean my comment to sound like I was bashing you Fear - I understand your man point - that one can argue we should fit the scheme to the talent we have. I just think in general we tend to overrate our talent at times and look for other reasons why some players never develop to the player we thought they'd be. Not giving the coaches a pass in that regard, just feel that sometimes the player just doesn't have what it takes regardless of scheme or what they are asked to do. Good news is, we have a lot more talent than we've had in a long time and will have full complements of draft picks and cap space coming our way to add even more going forward...

The Pocono Punisher and 'Fangs' Garcon on American Muscle.
This is the show that I believe MikeSr was talking about, the trainer big props Neild.

Hard not to root for the Punisher.

I'd agree it was hard not to root for this kid... until now. Saw the show last night. The whole "contract year" motivation/attitude just loses me midway through the show. How about, "I've underwhelmed, I've been injured I need to step it up" motivation/attitude? Meh.

I didn't walk away from this TV show feeling any better about this guy. I hope I'm wrong, solid depth at NT would be a luxury we're not really used to around here.

by Keim

Redskins' Pierre Garcon, Chris Neild featured on 'American Muscle' - ESPN[/QUOTE]

While I agree with you, it's nice to be on this side of a contract year for a change and have them play their hearts out for us.

Why can't we just cut Tanard Jackson's ass? Why was he re-signed earlier this year?

We gain a roster spot with his suspension and get credit on the cap. His football career is over. At least we were able to get a couple of good preseason games out of him.

The Butler is a great player, but an even better human being. Pay that man Snyder!

Coach-speak perhaps but as Keim points out, Baker hasn't been shy when critiquing the guy's.

The Redskins hired outside linebackers coach Brian Baker to improve the pass rush, notably Brian Orakpo and Ryan Kerrigan. He’s teaching them new techniques and harping on a different mindset. What Baker won’t do, he said, is tinker with their coverage skills.
“They are the best covering outside linebackers in this league,” Baker said last month. “I was shocked when I studied film to take the job how good those guys are in coverage.”

By Keim
Washington Redskins Brian Orakpo Ryan Kerrigan impress in coverage - ESPN

Niles Paul, is to Redskin fans, what tofu is to vegans.
You can convert tofu into any kind of fake meat that you want.
Want salmon, but can't have meat ?
No problem, we'll make ya Tofu Salmon.
Want steak ?
No problem, we got Tofu Fake Steak.
Want meat-less chicken ?
No problem, we'll convert this soy/tofu into chicken pieces, that look just like chicken nuggets !
How about meatballs ??
We can convert this tofu into meat-less meatballs !! Also known as, simply "balls"

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 6, Members: 0, Guests: 6)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.