• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Random Commanders Thoughts

I would think that's a case by case situation - depending on players available, picks, current roster needs/status, salary cap, etc.

Working the draft is about bringing additions to your team that outplay their draft pick/rookie contract. When you really strike it big you get a dependable guy that becomes a long term, yet not incredibly expensive, option at a position; second best would be using a guy for 3-4 years and trading him for more than you paid for him in his last year.

I would argue the Rams traded down too much last year ;)

I'm guessing the Redskins have 1 or 2, maybe 3 names in mind that if they're available at 51, they will pull the trigger. If they are not available, they will trade back and pick up extra picks.

Is there ever a point at which you can trade down TOO much? I was talking with a Patriot fan "friend" of mine (hard for me to get too close to anyone who is a fan of that team - my in laws being a perfect example), and he said the fans often get frustrated b/c Belicheat (my nickname, not theirs) continues to trade back, and won't pick what should be better players to stock up for Brady and make another run.

Yet every year, they seem to have tons of depth and they make a run. I dunno.

Ha - funny you mention this, because the Cheatriots just submitted an offer sheet to Steelers' WR Emmanuel Sanders, who is an RFA with 3rd-round compensation attached.

Baker coming back. Didn't see this one coming.

Redskins DL Chris Baker signs his restricted free agent tender

Redskins nose tackle Chris Baker signed his restricted free agent tender on Thursday, finalizing the one-year, $1.32 million offer with which the team protected his rights last month. He and the team tweeted pictures of him signing the contract.
When the Redskins tendered Baker last month, they secured the right to match any other team’s offer to him. His return to the Redskins was a virtual certainty, though, because the tendered salary was high for an undrafted player with only 16 games of experience since entering the league in 2009.
Washington would not have received any draft pick compensation if it didn’t match another team’s offer sheet. Baker had until April 19 to sign the tender.
Baker, 25, had 26 tackles and one tackle for a loss last season. He played in the final 14 regular season games and the playoff game in his first season with the team.
Behind starting nose tackle Barry Cofield, the Redskins also have veteran free agent Ron Brace, who signed last month, and third-year pro Chris Neild, who missed all of last season with a torn ACL in his left knee. Baker has played some defensive end in the past.

Read more: http://www.washingtontimes.com/blog...-his-restricted-free-agent-ten/#ixzz2Q6FrIEyX
Follow us: @washtimes on Twitter

He played pretty well in spots, at least for a UDFA. Might speak to the status of Nield's ACL.

He played pretty well in spots, at least for a UDFA. Might speak to the status of Nield's ACL.

And Carriker's rehab as well.

Baker reminds me of Jason Buck from the early 90's squad...high motor, lot of intensity and works hard to be about average and very solid in spots.

Wonder if he got a $37k signing bonus? There would have to be a restructure or a cut somewhere for this to go on the books no?

Man shows how out of the loop I am, completely forgot about Nield on the damn team. Maybe he said F it and isn't rehabbing at all?

Wonder if he got a $37k signing bonus? There would have to be a restructure or a cut somewhere for this to go on the books no?

The RFA contracts, whether signed or not, count against the cap once they are tendered by the team.

hmmm...one yr contract.

only top 51 contracts (if memory serves) count against the cap.

Jordan Bernstine - DB - Redskins Redskins S Jordan Bernstine (knee) will not participate in April's offseason workouts or the OTAs that begin on May 20.

Bernstine blew out the ACL, MCL, PCL and patella tendon in his right knee while covering a kickoff during Week 1. He's back to running and jumping, but still has a long way to go. It's the kind of injury that may not be 100 percent until 2014.

Source: Washington Post

Meh, no way we could have afforded him anyway without some major restructuring. One day we'll draft our stud corner....one day.

not really sure how I feel about Garcon saying he will be "healthy enough" to play.

he needs to be saying "I'm 100%, I have done what it takes, I will be full speed" after the season he had last year.

"Healthy enough to play" sounds like he(Garcon) doesn't plan on playing a lot during the preseason. I'm ok with that. He has already shown he can come off the bench and play better than the others. I'm certain he is rehabbing and I cross my fingers as the team goes through the preseason. There just isn't much depth on the field this year due to cap restraints. HTTR

Headlines from just about any sports related media say : "Winfield signs with Seahawks" "Seahawks land Winfield" "Winfield chooses Seahawks".

Not the Washington post... "Redskins Fail to land Winfield... "

Written by Maske who covers the Nfl not the Skins. Just shows what lengths the editor over there will go to take a shot at the team.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 6, Members: 2, Guests: 4)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.