• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Random Commanders Thoughts

While I don't really disagree, I rather sit tight. It's all a crap shoot, but odds are better IMO of getting a player that will contribute right away if we keep the pic.

But who says the odds are better? 2 2nd round picks instead of one gives you twice the opportunity to get a contributor.

I am not all in on a trade, obviously if there is "that guy" at 34, we take him. But the idea of trading down should be on the table if we can get optimal value for our pick at 34. The 49ers are in a position that they don't need 6 picks in the first 3 rounds. And to top it off, they have an early 3rd rounder, so...

yeah i guess it really comes down to the situation.

i'd be surprised if someone gave us two second round picks to move down, but it's all about who's available when and what everyone has.

hell, we might pull of a cousins trade halfway through the first/second round if someone doesn't get the guy they want, and that may drastically change how our draft looks. we might wind up with multiple second/third round picks and completely change our options.

orakpo's "i don't have to prove anything" comment was the subject when i was listening to the radio.

i'm with Shehan on this one...

You want this organization to pay you top dollar in a long term deal? How about you go out and make a handful of game-changing plays this season? Sacks, fumbles, interceptions, tackles, pressures; doesn't matter what kind of a play it is, as long as it's game-changing. Because the next time you do it, it'll be one of your first times.

Remember it's not a lie if you believe it :)

We all could see the OL didn't pass the smell test, not in pass protection up the middle or to the right side. In the run game on short yardage we got knocked back into the backfield and Morris rarely got to the line before he was hit.

Some people blame it all on the circumstances/downs, the strength of the defense, the inability of Griffin to make quick decisions, Morris not getting to the hole as fast as he did in 2012, etc.

but it is all bunk.

as soon as Gruden got in here, Montgomery was released and Kory was installed at center. Lauvao and McGlynn were acquired.

pick a tackle at #34? I think its a good possibility. If we trade down and pick up an additional #2 or #3 pick, I would imagine one of those picks in Rounds 2 or 3 will be an OT.

No way you go into 2014 with Polumbus as the starter at RT and only Tom Compton and Maurice Hurt as depth on the outside.

Is this news? I thought we already new this.. maybe km making that up....

Per John Keim on twitter
Fletcher will be announcing our second round pick

News to me, kind of like it...

would've liked it until he started coming out against the name Redskins.

Now I dont care what he does..I am kind of on the fence at the moment with London

would've liked it until he started coming out against the name Redskins.

Now I dont care what he does..I am kind of on the fence at the moment with London

I don't think that erases his years of tough play and leadership. He's just stated some uncertainty about the name thing. I don't agree with that argument, but if we've had a great Redskin in the past decade, Fletcher is that guy.

True, but when things like that happen it rubs me the wrong way. I think he should have just not said a word since he is not in the position to give anything but his opinion. He was a great player but that doesn't always mean that great players say the smartest of things.

Honestly, what I saw Fletcher say was reasonable. He said to talk to people and look into it. He didn't say it needed changed. Looking into it is fine, hell that conversation may have led to the foundation that is started now.

I could be reading it wrong, but I didn't see that Fletcher stated he wanted the name changed.

speaking of redskins that said things about the team (though this was much different from fletcher's comments), lorenzo alexander was back in town, i think it was last weekend. he's still doing his charity work, i believe it's for walter reed.

Is Clifton Geathers really 6'8" and 340lbs? Jeebus why aren't we feeding him more and cement him at NT if so.

Is Clifton Geathers really 6'8" and 340lbs? Jeebus why aren't we feeding him more and cement him at NT if so.

I originally had the same thought, but I think NTs are better a bit shorter, so they have more leverage. Easy for an OC or OG to get under a 6'8 guy.

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

Yeah I suppose, unless the dude is all Laroid'd out. Just seems with that height he could swat a lot of passes down.

Hate to say it but last big nasty we had on d-line was Darrel Gardner. Even if it was only one yr

the league has notified the redskins that tanard jackson will be reinstated this week

well, what in the heck do we do with him?

Personally I'd rather spend my money on a (if) healthy Carriker and know we are getting a stand up guy than risk anything with Jackson.

Honestly, what I saw Fletcher say was reasonable. He said to talk to people and look into it. He didn't say it needed changed. Looking into it is fine, hell that conversation may have led to the foundation that is started now.

I could be reading it wrong, but I didn't see that Fletcher stated he wanted the name changed.

there is a backwater thought that he wants to break into broadcasting....entry fee and all that stuff.

Reminds me of when they sent Robert down the sideline in the Giants game and he almost got his head taken off.

That was Pittsburgh, and none other than current teammate Ryan Clark who tried to take his head off.

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 3, Members: 0, Guests: 3)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.