• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Random Commanders Thoughts

I love this random Redskins thoughts thread:sweetheart: That being said...I like the looks of this schedule much better than what I saw the last few seasons. Those have been some really difficult schedules considering our mediocre ranking within the league. I hated opening up at home against a division rival (Eagles) that we swept and embarrassed the previous season. On top of that the Eagles enjoyed some big wins of their own....As if that needed more hype or drama. Let's put it up against RG3's first game back from major knee surgery and all the questions and drama. Need more? Chip Kelly has his brand new offense that he wants to test drive against our defense. No excuses here... the wheels fell off in the first quarter of that game and the team never looked right for 4 consecutive quarters the entire season. It shouldn't be hard to show progress and improvement from last season. HTTR

How desperate are the Browns at QB ?
They're desperate enough, that they're trying out Vince Young.
Maybe an indication they're desperate enough to overpay, and offer us a high pick for Cousins ?
Or maybe desperate enough to give us a low round pick, to take back Colt McCoy ???

How desperate are the Browns at QB ?
They're desperate enough, that they're trying out Vince Young.
Maybe an indication they're desperate enough to overpay, and offer us a high pick for Cousins ?
Or maybe desperate enough to give us a low round pick, to take back Colt McCoy ???

His value is growing for them the longer they go through camp without a QB who has ZERO knowledge of the offense. We actually have the bargaining chip for the first time in a LONG time lol...

this is the browns were talking about here...they dont know these fancy words like "value" "smart trade" "knowledge"

You might as well say Sniggleborkder to them...you'll most likely get the same response

Well on the bright side of their QB Quandary, at least some Browns fans are attempting to create something good out of that situation....

Last edited:
Per Chick Hernandez on twitter:
Redskins expected to announce Bret Munsey as offensive assistant to Jay Gruden. Munsey is scout on Eagles staff.

Talk persists that the 49ers could move up | ProFootballTalk

This could put us in a great position for a 2nd round trade. We hold the #2 pick on day 2 of the draft. The Texans could trade, but we'll see. San Fran has all night to decide if they want to trade up and could be on the phone with us and Houston. We sit in a good position for a trade.

I have to admit El - I don't get why so many people want to trade that pick.

If we had a first round pick I'd have no problem with trading the first or second. But if we trade our second round pick to trade down, we're going to wind up (at best) in the bottom half of the second round. That means our first chance to grab a player won't happen until everyone in the league has already had a shot at grabbing talent, and half the league has had two shots...

Our offense is about set - minus the usual caveat of improving our o line. How can using a top pick in the second round on a defensive guy that we think can start as a rookie and make an impact not the ultimate play? I mean hell - you can take your pick at what position you want, we need someone at all of them. Safety, Corner, Linebacker, and lineman. There has to be someone available at that spot for one of those positions, right???

I don't know... seems like an almost universal opinion that trading back would be the desired move and it doesn't make sense to me :\

If we had a first round pick I'd have no problem with trading the first or second. But if we trade our second round pick to trade down, we're going to wind up (at best) in the bottom half of the second round. That means our first chance to grab a player won't happen until everyone in the league has already had a shot at grabbing talent, and half the league has had two shots...

Our offense is about set - minus the usual caveat of improving our o line. How can using a top pick in the second round on a defensive guy that we think can start as a rookie and make an impact not the ultimate play? I mean hell - you can take your pick at what position you want, we need someone at all of them. Safety, Corner, Linebacker, and lineman. There has to be someone available at that spot for one of those positions, right???

I don't know... seems like an almost universal opinion that trading back would be the desired move and it doesn't make sense to me :\

I think it has much to do with the draft being billed as "very deep" at most positions, giving a sense of security in trading back. I'd much rather keep the pick.

2 second round picks...you pull the trigger. We are looking at Safety, OL, DL or CB. A starter can be had in the latter part of the 2nd round at any of those positions, although the secondary is less likely.

I'm in favor of staying put and drafting a tackle.

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

I'm hearing both sides and get it. If a guy you really don't think you can live without is there & you don't think he's gonna be on the board much longer then just go ahead & seal the deal.

On the other hand, what if there a handful of available players & they're pretty much equal on your board? Why not trade down & still get one of them?

Rounds 2, 3 - I want to see dudes who fill a need, fit their system & will see at least some turf time this year (not saying they have to start, just not on the bench all season either). All three of those qualities - not guys who they might need to develop for a year or two, not guys who won't see the field unless half the team gets injured.

but polumbus grades out well!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

sorry, i had to do it one more time. i have a feeling i won't get many more opportunities. :)

Lol, you shut your face!! ;)

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

@michaelpRTD: RGIII on Jeopardy just now. Was not accepted as an answer - Alex Trebek demanded "Griffin III."

but polumbus grades out well!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

sorry, i had to do it one more time. i have a feeling i won't get many more opportunities. :)

...and the Redskins have the highest graded tackle tandem in the league...:wall:

Well, I have a Lambo & a Kia in the garage so I have the best garage tandem around. But I am thinking I can do better than a Kia...

Ask the IT guy if he can name the 4 defensive line starters penciled in for his team this year. Then, tell him who the Skins have.

He'll respect you immediately.

Gonna have to call a penalty on you on that one, tr1. It's a trick question - the cowBoys are going to a 2-5 line up this year so technically he only has to name the two starting DL. Besides, going with only 2 guys on the defensive front, now Jerhuh? can get that QB in the 1st round. Clever bazzturds aren't they...

Provided of course, we consider one of those starters being;
a 30 year old, coming of surgery who may not be ready until well into camp making $4.5M @ year...opps, sorry, that's Bowen, not a cowBoy any more.
a 30 year old, coming of surgery who may not be ready until well into camp making $3M @ year...that's Spencer.

2 second round picks...you pull the trigger. We are looking at Safety, OL, DL or CB. A starter can be had in the latter part of the 2nd round at any of those positions, although the secondary is less likely.

While I don't really disagree, I rather sit tight. It's all a crap shoot, but odds are better IMO of getting a player that will contribute right away if we keep the pic.

I don't care when we draft our players. Starters come from every round. If we're set on a guy at #34, pull the trigger. If we think we can drop back, still get one of our coveted players, AND another pick or 2, go for it. I just want players that make an impact. The second coming of Joe Jacoby, UDFA, is out there somewhere.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 3, Members: 1, Guests: 2)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.