• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Random Commanders Thoughts

Totally agree with you Boone. I am sick and tired of Griffin's act. He needs to get his act together.

Its been all about me from the beginning and he talks the talk, but time to walk it #10. Put your money here your mouth is.

Had a great first year, a bust year two. He still has alot to prove to me, and he can shut up and just get the job done to win me over.

Oh wow, people are getting really angry at the twitter and logo stuff. I didn't really pay attention yesterday, but today people are venting on the radio.

The best one...

"Each tweet should come with the disclaimer:
This portion of the sermon is brought to you by my underwhelming 23 years of life experience as a coddled athlete"

Over the top but got a good laugh out of me :)

I guess we'll have to wait and see. I'm no fan of all the instant media crap he involves himself in, but people are twisting the logo stuff around just a bit. Making it sound like Robert went out and contracted to have a personal logo designed. NIKE marketing has had this in the works for some time. Wilson and Luck didn't make the splash Robert did in his rookie season, and he's a marketing dream. People who hate our team love RGIII. Unless I've missed something, Robert hasn't given any of us cause to think he's not focused on the task at hand. While he really wasn't ready to play physically last year, nobody can say he didn't dedicate everything he had to getting ready for the season.

Ya the tweets and facebook stuff are something we all could live without, but I'll wait to see what Robert looks like in camp. We want a star QB, and to me looking at the world today, this is a byproduct of the times. If our line can do what they haven't in many years now, Roberts play will make all this stuff a non issue.
Sure, he got himself ready. But he also forced the issue of starting a month earlier than he should have at least, then he ran around like a scared little kid all season. He wasn't ready at all.

man o man...this is getting silly. I'm not sure where the bigger liability lies! a 20+ year old in a field with a shelf life of less than 4 years trying to maximize earnings while the opportunity is there...or fickle fans loving you when things are on the upswing but voicing...shall we say...concerns when things are on the downswing.

there hasn't been a single OTA, a single pre-season game, a single regular season game...there hasn't been any evidence of concern in the locker room.....and we're getting stoked up about some Internet posts? about a logo? we're making threats about fans running folks out of town? btw...lest we forget...there are people making fine livings in DC who left under much more "traitorous" circumstances.

throttle back people. this is your QB. he executed a marvelous rookie season with only a small fraction of the tools needed. he worked his arse off to get back for the following season- probably too hard. he is about football. every report has it that he works as hard, studies as much as, is as engaged as any player on this team for what matters - winning. he is clearly dedicated to that as his number one priority.

someone please show me the evidence that his actions have negatively influenced the team's attitude or cohesiveness. this remains perplexing for me. I'm not seeing it. just a lot of outsiders speculating on what they think the right approach ought to be because of some theory or intuitions they have on how a team that has been mismanaged/poorly led by the FO for 20+years should operate from a PR pov.

fansince62 - no one here has really said much of anything in the way you're describing...

and no one has threatened to run him out of town, i simply remarked that as a fan base we've done it before and we'll have no problem doing it again. right after i said we also have no problem providing these guys with very rewarding ($ wise) careers after football if they do something significant while they're here. :)

and if you want evidence of his actions negatively influencing the team, then see: 2013.

the only people making it a big deal are people on twitter and calling into radio stations. i suppose they're just bored.

Seems like much ado about nothing to me. I'm not with ya here Boone, seems WAY overblown to me. The kid is marketing himself and maximizing his product potential. Seems pretty smart to me given the tenuous nature of NFL careers, especially if the guy is working as hard as Gruden says he is. people want the kid to become an introvert. not happenin, he's an extrovert who loves the entire experience. Good for him, seems like a good kid to me.
If you follow him on any social media, you'll fully understand why it's nauseating everybody. I'm one of his biggest supporters from day one, and I'm ready to unfollow him on everything, just because it's nonstop look at me, I'm so wonderful bs. And it's nearly every day.

What makes it worse, is he's done zilch to back it up. He's played two seasons - one good, one horrible. His one good year could have been a fluke, or it could have been his bad year. We don't know yet, but we will. It's way too early for him to be acting like he's got the stat sheet to back up his mouth. He's like DeAngelo Hall with a bigger mouth and less impressive stats. I don't care whether someone runs their mouth in a negative way vs positive, running your damn mouth is running your damn mouth. Shut the hell up and play football.

As far as everyone saying if he wins it won't matter, that's bullshit. It does matter. If we have a phenomenal season this year, he'll never shut the hell up. His head will get so big he'll have to have his helmet flown in and air dropped. Honestly, I'd gladly take another terrible season if it was a guaranteed way to make him get over himself.

fansince62 - no one here has really said much of anything in the way you're describing...

and no one has threatened to run him out of town, i simply remarked that as a fan base we've done it before and we'll have no problem doing it again.

and if you want evidence of his actions negatively influencing the team, then see: 2013.

the only people making it a big deal are people on twitter and calling into radio stations. i suppose they're just bored.

not picking on you - though it might seem like that.

just suggesting that this being blown WAY out of proportion.

RGIII is his own man. I don't fault him one iota for making scratch while he can - you can bet others are making money off him. As long as he progresses and the outside stuff doesn't detract from his leadership position within the team or creates locker room issues...I'm just not seeing where the angst comes from.

Were I to spin a post on concerns....I'd focus on the relationship between Gruden and RGIII. Is the communication there? Is RGIII listening? Is he absorbing? Is his dad keeping out of the way? It's obvious that a major reason Gruden was hired - other than the TB family tree - was to transform all the talent and potential in our franchise QB into a performer for the ages. That's what I am focused on. That relationship is the key variable in all of this. I don't believe logos and Twitter posts really influence this relationship - both their futures are tied together on working this out successfully.

Fansince62 - I hear you. Sometimes people paint others into corners they don't belong in and it just seemed like you were doing that in this case. From reading this forum, it seems like on The Big Deal Scale this one barely rates, especially as an isolated issue.

Which is all we were saying last off season too. I don't think any of this has to do with how he performs on the field.

Were I to spin a post on concerns....I'd focus on the relationship between Gruden and RGIII. Is the communication there? Is RGIII listening? Is he absorbing? Is his dad keeping out of the way?

I'll add to that:
Does Gruden have more authority inside the organization than Griffin does?

Because he should. Whether or not he does would tell me volumes more about what the condition of the organization is than anything else we've seen/heard. Unfortunately... we wont know the answer until it's too late to care either way.

No matter how hard I try to be optimistic, and I've been very optimistic at times this off season, I cannot get past a sick feeling in the corner of my gut that Griffin is the #1 person in charge in that organization. A 23 year old with 2 seasons in the pros.

Not a good thing. Just speculation though...

If you follow him on any social media, you'll fully understand why it's nauseating everybody. I'm one of his biggest supporters from day one, and I'm ready to unfollow him on everything, just because it's nonstop look at me, I'm so wonderful bs. And it's nearly every day.

What makes it worse, is he's done zilch to back it up. He's played two seasons - one good, one horrible. His one good year could have been a fluke, or it could have been his bad year. We don't know yet, but we will. It's way too early for him to be acting like he's got the stat sheet to back up his mouth. He's like DeAngelo Hall with a bigger mouth and less impressive stats. I don't care whether someone runs their mouth in a negative way vs positive, running your damn mouth is running your damn mouth. Shut the hell up and play football.

As far as everyone saying if he wins it won't matter, that's bullshit. It does matter. If we have a phenomenal season this year, he'll never shut the hell up. His head will get so big he'll have to have his helmet flown in and air dropped. Honestly, I'd gladly take another terrible season if it was a guaranteed way to make him get over himself.

calm down bubba! you're going to self-induce a heart attack!!!

let the young man learn and grow.

if the degree of self-promotion, as you see it, irritates you...then don't read it! kinda like Joe Biden my friend! who the H pays attention to anything he has to say these days?!!! :)

Didn't they say the same thing about Cam Newton ?

Amazing how a better defense and overall team roster allowed Newton to play more within himself and not feel as if he had to pull rabbits to win games.

As far as everyone saying if he wins it won't matter, that's bullshit. It does matter.

If the redskins win a super bowl next year and Griffin plays a significant part in making that happen, then as far as I'm concerned he can go build a box, buy a megaphone, and stand on his box on a corner in DC all day long screaming he's the greatest thing that's ever been created.

Every day. At least during the off season.

Won't bother me one bit. I might even go visit him every now and again. ;)

Didn't they say the same thing about Cam Newton ?

Amazing how a better defense and overall team roster allowed Newton to play more within himself and not feel as if he had to pull rabbits to win games.

I don't know about everyone else, especially those that are more knowledgeable and in-tune to NFL personnel stuff, but I'm far from sold on the idea that Cam Newton is going to be a true franchise QB.

I still see something missing where it matters most - between the ears.

Fansince62 - I hear you. Sometimes people paint others into corners they don't belong in and it just seemed like you were doing that in this case. From reading this forum, it seems like on The Big Deal Scale this one barely rates, especially as an isolated issue.

Which is all we were saying last off season too. I don't think any of this has to do with how he performs on the field.

I'll add to that:
Does Gruden have more authority inside the organization than Griffin does?

Because he should. Whether or not he does would tell me volumes more about what the condition of the organization is than anything else we've seen/heard. Unfortunately... we wont know the answer until it's too late to care either way.

No matter how hard I try to be optimistic, and I've been very optimistic at times this off season, I cannot get past a sick feeling in the corner of my gut that Griffin is the #1 person in charge in that organization. A 23 year old with 2 seasons in the pros.

Not a good thing. Just speculation though...

Given Redskin/Snyder history...I get your concerns...big time.

there is an alternative which I subscribe to: we're watching a recent college graduate have fun. he'll make mistakes. he'll score some victories. he's in the spotlight and is going to run with it. ok. let's review the bidding: is he saying politically charged things? is he knocking the organization? is he signing gang signals? is he advocating controversial matters such as pot use among players? is coming out of the closet or some other like issue sure to shake a locker room? is he constantly complaining about his rookie salary? is he comparing himself to other QBs in the league? is he bad mouthing his teammates? is he disrupting workouts? is he holding TO-like media carnivals? is he publicly attacking Allen/Gruden? has he used Snyder to undermine anyone on the team? again, I'm not seeing evidence of any negative team impacts. I'm not seeing destructive behaviors. we're worried about a lack of humility? well.....as long as we move toward an eventual SB, I for one don't really care. let's be honest here....as fans...it's all secondary to A) Beating dallas twice and year; and, B) winning the SB.

I might even go visit him every now and again. ;)

Visit heck, I'll be down there cheering him on in the off season!! Coach Gibbs really has it right. If you win everything is ok, if you lose nothing is ok.

Not going to lie, this is the exact reason I never follow social media much, except when something is specifically happening. The very nature of it means people posting stuff to draw attention to themselves. I don't care for it, so I avoid it.

DE Brandon Moore is suspended for the first four games of the season, for violating the substance abuse policy.

I'm not even sure who Brandon Moore is.

you just either love the guy or you dont.

I don't agree with this at all. There's a lot to love. And there's some stuff to be concerned about. And that's where I am.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 6, Members: 0, Guests: 6)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.