• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Random Commanders Thoughts

holy crap we sound like a legit organization. one with a plan.

I really hope Allen can bring success to the Redskins. I think he is a genuinely good guy and this job is more than just a job to him, sort of a legacy.

We all know the NFL is littered with nice guys who couldn't do it though. My fingers are crossed he will succeed.

I really hope Allen can bring success to the Redskins. I think he is a genuinely good guy and this job is more than just a job to him, sort of a legacy.

We all know the NFL is littered with nice guys who couldn't do it though. My fingers are crossed he will succeed.

I've been soured on our front office only because of the narrative that came out this offseason... That is that it was all Mike Shanahan's fault. Maybe I'm being biased by the people I listen to, but that just seems like an incredibly immature and delusional way of summarizing the fall from 10-6 division champion to 3-13 drama central.

I made a big post after the announcement about things looking good. The narrative mentioned above kind of soured me on it... but I'm still holding out hope...

Shanahan made the decisions and had that authority written into his contract. Who else is to blame?

Is the losing general supposed to blame the failure of his army on a company commander?

Shanahan was arrogant enough to lead with his chin and ended up getting knocked out.

He has won 1 playoff game since 2001.

Norv has won more.

Shanahan made the decisions and had that authority written into his contract. Who else is to blame?

Is the losing general supposed to blame the failure of his army on a company commander?

Shanahan was arrogant enough to lead with his chin and ended up getting knocked out.

He has won 1 playoff game since 2001.

Norv has won more.

I guess I fall into the camp that believes a 3-13 season probably involves more than one person. Just like a 10-6 season with a division championship involves more than one person. I think blaming that all on the guy that just walked out the door, and not taking any responsibility for one's own actions, is lame.

It's all Shanahan's fault. Every draft pick and free agency signing/release was his fault. How Griffin's injury was handled was his fault. All the drama was all his fault. The defense was putrid because Shanahan handcuffed them.

Sorry. I'm just slightly skeptical one person was the sole responsible party for the entire chaotic 2013 season.

I guess I fall heavily into the immature, delusional, lame camp. I don't agree that the blame lies 100% with Shanahan, but for someone with his hands so heavily around the franchises neck (authority wise) and a penchant to use that authority as a weapon, I don't feel it's out of bounds to put the lion's share on his shoulders.

Sorry. I'm just slightly skeptical one person was the sole responsible party for the entire chaotic 2013 season.

I agree with this, however I'm going to give the scenario I think might have went down to have it end up coming out like it did, having myself worked in politically charged places with folks in charge with a-hole tendencies.

I think Snyder is a hot head with a-hole tendencies. I think when Shanny went all passive aggressive, benched Griffin, constant leaks on game day, Snyder needed his pound of flesh. Allen being in the middle of this went with the total press smear of Shanny to placate Snyder. Really it has no affect on the future, just how the past was framed. There is probably a lot of truth in that version.

I hope this is the case and we can just start winning and forget all the BS. Maybe Allen will be the guy to handle the Dan. One can hope.

I guess I fall heavily into the immature, delusional, lame camp. I don't agree that the blame lies 100% with Shanahan, but for someone with his hands so heavily around the franchises neck (authority wise) and a penchant to use that authority as a weapon, I don't feel it's out of bounds to put the lion's share on his shoulders.

I didn't mean to imply that is what I think of those of you who feel that way. Sorry.

I think Griffin had a much bigger role in the drama than most people are giving him credit for. I think his dad had his own share in the drama.

At the end of the day Shanahan was supposed to be the adult in the room to handle it, and he didn't. Because of that he needed to go. So in that respect, I agree he deserves majority of the blame.

I just think the situation is significantly more complicated than it was all Shanahan's fault, and I think the narrative that everyone's going to be significantly better because Shanahan is gone is a bit... optomistic.

In my opinion if this team turns it around and competes for a division championship it'll have mostly to do with the fact that Griffin is healthy.

I agree with this, however I'm going to give the scenario I think might have went down to have it end up coming out like it did, having myself worked in politically charged places with folks in charge with a-hole tendencies.

I think Snyder is a hot head with a-hole tendencies. I think when Shanny went all passive aggressive, benched Griffin, constant leaks on game day, Snyder needed his pound of flesh. Allen being in the middle of this went with the total press smear of Shanny to placate Snyder. Really it has no affect on the future, just how the past was framed. There is probably a lot of truth in that version.

I hope this is the case and we can just start winning and forget all the BS. Maybe Allen will be the guy to handle the Dan. One can hope.

Yeah... i know it sucks that I, and others, keep bringing it up. I'm sure most people want to move past it. But for me, I'm incredibly frustrated and confused as to how last season was allowed to happen. You can't make up the nonsense that was last season, and it started well before training camp.

BB, where is the thread that showed the comparison between Gabbert and what we got for the trade. He is now a 49er and the Jags got a 6th for him! LOL!

Kerrigan, Jenkins and Helu is what we got for him if I recall correctly.

Is there a page or a post that shows who we have signed? I am just curious what if any action had happened with us today.

Is there a page or a post that shows who we have signed? I am just curious what if any action had happened with us today.

We stole Perry Riley for cheap.

We got Andre Roberts, a WR from Arizona who can be our number 2 if we don't draft one.

We passed on the terrible tackling safety from NC. Sorry Cooley, hehe.

We brought Moss back on a one year deal.

We signed a guard from Cleveland.

Read BB's free agency thread - it's up to date

i hope moss comes back and has a ridiculous year.

he's kind of getting disrespected with all the 'lost a step' crap in the local media.

he's kind of getting disrespected with all the 'lost a step' crap in the local media.

He can be a LOT more effective if he can cut down on his drops, many of them on 3rd down. :(

Except that he has lost a step... last year's Moss was not the same guy who torched Dallas for two TDs in the final four minutes. Hadn't been for awhile now. That's okay though, because he's a crisp route runner, and has a knack for getting open from the slot.

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

Except that he has lost a step... last year's Moss was not the same guy who torched Dallas for two TDs in the final four minutes. Hadn't been for awhile now. That's okay though, because he's a crisp route runner, and has a knack for getting open from the slot.

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

Right, but they aren't saying that. They're just saying he lost a step. I think he's still useful.

Isn't it funny how "lost a step" with fans and the media almost always means it's time to retire, or be cut ?
If you have other skills besides lightning speed, AND if you're a burner to begin with, then "lost a step" isn't nearly the big deal they make it out to be - and that's assuming that it's even accurate reporting that the player has indeed even lost a step.

Sometimes I think that people just automatically throw in that "lost a step" insult, as soon as a player reaches a certain age, without even thinking

All I know is Moss seemed to drop a lot of passes last year. I assumed he was going to be cut. It had nothing to do with the media.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.