• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Random Commanders Thoughts

1 - I actually think I'm less of a Snyder hater than most. For instance - I've defended his decision to sue ticket holders that didn't hold up their contracts when everyone else berated him for it. I realize what I wrote reads that way, but my thoughts on the cap issue have been brewing for two years now (two years ago today is when the penalties hit us...) and it has made me so incredibly infuriated with him. The part that pisses me off the most? The victim card that get placed on him that, to me, is an insult to my intelligence.
I remember you defending him on occasion. But as you seem to acknowledge here, that post was pure vitriol. It takes away from any other point you were trying to make there. IMO
2 - I've been round and round on this one before. Cerrato and Snyder made the contracts that caused the organization to try to dump them. Shanahan and Allen's roles are not completely irrelevant, but they're not the root cause. The root cause, in my opinion, was ass clownery by Snyder and Cerrato when they made the Haynesworth contract. Without that contract we don't have to dump anything. Without that contract, leading into the next point...
If we're going root cause, then blame Haynesworth's mama for not getting an abortion. Or is that going back too far in the roots? Shamahan, and I believe Allen, to a lesser extent, took a bowl of lousy soup, and tried to make a sandwich out of it. I believe it was Shanny's call to do what we did. If Allen didn't agree, he damn sure did a sorry job voicing concern. Snyderatto made the soup, but Shamallen made the sandwich that melted in their hands.

3 - As I said, I feel that if we had just restructured Hall none of this would have happened. Most of the other teams did things like that, and they didn't get hammered like we did. The Haynesworth dumping of ridiculous money that should have hurt our team for making that decisions for years to come is what sparked the whole thing; and the league's sole interest was in making sure that we suffered the consequences of paying a lazy, insufferable, worthless piece of shit DT 100 million dollars.
Still doesn't make it right, or fair. And it implicitly suggests vendetta.

And if the Giants, who were supposedly within a few dollars of our offer to the POS, would have suffered signing, and then losing the fat maggot, me thinks there would have been a new rule written allowing them to wipe the scale clean. But that's pure speculation.

multiple twitter reports saying there's still things to iron out with the roberts deal. it's not official yet. though most expect it to go through.

according to Keim, the ESPN roster management system has the Redskins at 23 million under the cap. He knows that system only counts the top 51 contracts on the roster (the way it works in the offseason)
NFL has them with 19 million under the cap, but he's not sure how that's being calculated.

Sounds like 23 is the number. I'm assuming that includes the recent Riley deal.

edit: sorry, sorry, sorry - i didn't read right. The Riley deal is assumed to NOT be included in cap space given how recently the deal was done.

multiple twitter reports saying there's still things to iron out with the roberts deal. it's not official yet. though most expect it to go through.

now i feel stupid. FA doesn't open until 4 pm EST, so this is how everyone is going to talk about every deal until then. everything's 'still a work in progress' but the work is just waiting for the hands on the clock to move.

The media can't have it both ways.

When the Redskins were 10-6 in 2012 they credited Shanahan but now are blaming Allen and Snyder for the misses in the draft?

I seem to remember a press conference where Mike Shanahan indicated he was going to have final say on personnel.

Maybe I was just hallucinating.

according to Keim, the ESPN roster management system has the Redskins at 23 million under the cap. He knows that system only counts the top 51 contracts on the roster (the way it works in the offseason)
NFL has them with 19 million under the cap, but he's not sure how that's being calculated.

Sounds like 23 is the number. I'm assuming that includes the recent Riley deal.

edit: sorry, sorry, sorry - i didn't read right. The Riley deal is assumed to NOT be included in cap space given how recently the deal was done.

That sounds right... $23m under the cap after Orakpo, but before Riley. I'm just basing that on the timing of the Riley signing, though... :biggrin-new:

Nick

now i feel stupid. FA doesn't open until 4 pm EST, so this is how everyone is going to talk about every deal until then. everything's 'still a work in progress' but the work is just waiting for the hands on the clock to move.

unless the player was outright released... the 4:00 number is the players who have their contracts expiring after the 2013 season... if a player has been released (ie. Adam Carriker) he can be signed by any team interested prior to the 4:00 pm free agency opening.

My guess is there are probably 15 to 20 deals that are ready to go and we are just waiting for the collective bell to ring at 4pm.

The scramble now is for teams that missed out on their first or second choices.

The Bucs almost got Albert at $97M.

But if Albert had signed there and the big mistake was not visible for all to see Cerrato might still be calling the shots.

Think I am wrong? It took Albert busting the organization that finally forced Snyder to jettison that fool.

I have actually met some rather plain women that thought they were all that :)

Love him or hate him it did take a LONG time for Dan to get over his Vinny habit.

Worse than heroin.

Well I waited 10 years for Vinny to finally be gone, I suppose a hangover for some of us is to be expected.

Dianna Marie Russini ‏@nbcdianna 1m
Perry Riley's deal with the Redskins is for 3 years,13 million. #Redskins

Sounds reasonable for where he is in his career.

If he excels at age 28 he will be a free agent in demand.

Still getting used to our new news scrounger :)

per adam shefter on espn 980
redskins are not interested in investing heavily into any one player. they're talking to everyone available, but they're interested in stock piling talent across the board and have ceilings for everyone available and when talks hit the ceiling they simply bow out of the conversation.

holy crap we sound like a legit organization. one with a plan.

But that's no way to get Antonio Cromartie, Jason Avant and Champ Bailey in here!

Oh wait, these guys may be washed up? :)

free agency hasn't even started and i've become overly excited for the 2014 season

i'm such a sucker.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 5, Members: 0, Guests: 5)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.