• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Random Commanders Thoughts

What is he, like 48????? I can't imagine we would even consider it.

conversion to safety is usually a natural step for a corner once they reach a certain age. he ain't 48, but he is 35.

I personally would stay away. Last thing we need in here is to get back together with an ex... never ends well and we cant afford to pay him what he would want... just my thoughts.

Money isn't what drove him away, he flat out wanted out of Washington. Seems far fetched to me that he'd even consider it.

Rumors were his wife found out about his mistress and forced him to leave the area.

Yes plus he was clearly unhappy with the organization and since Snyder is still here, I don't see that changing. He didn't exactly leave on the best terms and IIRC both sides had unflattering things to say.

Nothing wrong with taking a look see and if Champ still has a lot in the tank for the safety position, he comes cheap and could work with Rambo. Sure, some of that is something of a stretch, but Chuck Woodson did well at safety after moving from CB. If it doesn't work out, he can be cut with no real hit to the cap.

But personally, my thinking is no. We really need to look at the future. A stopgap is fine, but we're not at a point where a stopgap puts us over the top.

Really? Wow, I'm surprised I never heard that one before.

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

It was before the era of social media. You'll catch long time redskins beat reporters and radio hosts dropping references to it if you listen to the local sporting news, but that's about it.

It's just a rumor, but one most people that were covering the team at the time seem to feel pretty confident in.

But personally, my thinking is no. We really need to look at the future. A stopgap is fine, but we're not at a point where a stopgap puts us over the top.

I'd lean towards no also... Problem is, is Rambo the future? Thomas? We don't know. They may pan out, they may be terrible. I think bringing in a vet for now is good policy.

Really? Wow, I'm surprised I never heard that one before.

I heard this directly from a VP-level Redskins employee. His point was that 'the fans think they know, but they don't'.

I heard this directly from a VP-level Redskins employee. His point was that 'the fans think they know, but they don't'.

I've talked to enough redskins employees at different levels to realize we don't know much about what is going on.

Hell, the beat reporters know 10x more than they report. They're kind of constrained in what they can report. Even then they don't know much about everything.

I don't let that stop me from opining though!

I wasn't trying to imply I'm an insider or anything, just that I'm so used to the team's dirty laundry getting aired, I was surprised this was kept so hush-hush.

After the rug was pulled out from under us about 48 hours before the start of FA 2 years ago, my excitement for FA has dwindled. We are just 3 and a half days away...meh!

Supposedly Bailey was mixed up with a local media gal.

But yeah this is 2014 and Champ is yesterday's news.

Like Ed Reed last year he will get someone to sign him because of his name but he is likely done.

I wasn't trying to imply I'm an insider or anything, just that I'm so used to the team's dirty laundry getting aired, I was surprised this was kept so hush-hush.

And I wasn't beating on anyone for conjecture - I just happen to know that particular rumor is fact-based, unless the 2nd or 3rd man in the Redskins leadership chain lied to our faces.

Rumors were his wife found out about his mistress and forced him to leave the area.

It was before the era of social media. You'll catch long time redskins beat reporters and radio hosts dropping references to it if you listen to the local sporting news, but that's about it.

It's just a rumor, but one most people that were covering the team at the time seem to feel pretty confident in.

And I wasn't beating on anyone for conjecture - I just happen to know that particular rumor is fact-based, unless the 2nd or 3rd man in the Redskins leadership chain lied to our faces.

If he left the team to escape the drama of his affair, then why did he go to such great lengths to trash the organization ?
Was it a diversion and a CYA, to distract people from the real issue, which was his own failure ?
Or was it a combination of the organization and his affair ?

There's no 'if'. That's why he left. It was leave, or divorce. As to him supposedly trashing the organization, I'm not familiar with what he said or when. But there's no debate as to why the Redskins let him leave. And I'll argue, we at minimum got equal value in that particular bargain.

There's no 'if'. That's why he left. It was leave, or divorce. As to him supposedly trashing the organization, I'm not familiar with what he said or when. But there's no debate as to why the Redskins let him leave. And I'll argue, we at minimum got equal value in that particular bargain.

Equal value? Portis was awesome and will always be one of my favorite Redskins, but a shutdown corner (best in the game at the time) plus a second round pick for him? We got bent over in that one, sorry.

Disagree - Portis was a bonafide #1 RB and probably the best overall player we've had in the decade before Bob arrived. I've never bought into the whole 'shutdown corner' mystique. Bailey was a helluva corner but my personal opinion is that having a game-changing RB has more impact on wins and losses than a great corner. I know a lot of people may see it the other way. But Portis was underrated while Bailey has if anything been overrated over the years. Given the circumstances (Bailey was leaving one way or the other) it was a win win for both teams.

Shanny thought Bailey was the missing piece that was going to help lead the Broncos to the SuperBowl.

He was wrong,yet again.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 6, Members: 0, Guests: 6)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.