• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Random Commanders Thoughts

Orakpo and/or his agent? That's what all the reporters that said they've talked to him are putting out there.

Though maybe it's just nonsense, hard to tell with beat reporters.

If i thought there was a chance of signing him long term for 8-9 million I'd take that, no problem.

Well I want $250 million per year, lol. That means nothing.

It's literally impossible for him to make more than $11.45 this season, unless we decide he isn't worth even that, and he finds a suitor.

So, he can take the $11.45 million and gamble that he stays healthy in hopes of that $12-13 in the future, or he can take the safer approach, and take $8-9 for four years.

Orakpo is not a top 5 linebacker, nor should he be given a contract long term for a top 5 linebacker, franchise him, pay his ass 1 year at that level and lets see if he EARNS it. I want him here but committing long term to mr.glass is not a good idea at the money levels people are talking about

Oh and Jackson got released from Cleveland, Ware might get released from Dallas, there's going to be options

Orakpo is not a top 5 linebacker, nor should he be given a contract long term for a top 5 linebacker, franchise him, pay his ass 1 year at that level and lets see if he EARNS it. I want him here but committing long term to mr.glass is not a good idea at the money levels people are talking about

Oh and Jackson got released from Cleveland, Ware might get released from Dallas, there's going to be options

How is Ware an option?

Most Skins fans cite Rak's injury history as a reason not to have him here and Ware is an option?

The guy is #1 older..and out more than Rak.

How is Ware an option?

Most Skins fans cite Rak's injury history as a reason not to have him here and Ware is an option?

The guy is #1 older..and out more than Rak.

Not to mention - Skins fans love to complain about Rak against the run - Ware is even worse!!

people say that but the stats don't go along. over a 3 year career he's kept roughly the same numbers. which includes last year with jackson in the lineup.

Except forced fumbles. He had 2 the year Rak went down, 4 the other two years (with Rak for at least 15 games). To me, that shows me that he can do more when there is attention focused on the other side of the line. He's never going to be a great pass-rusher, he's a motor/effort guy. In order to be at his best, he needs that elite pass-rusher on the other side of the line drawing the double-teams.

Except forced fumbles. He had 2 the year Rak went down, 4 the other two years (with Rak for at least 15 games). To me, that shows me that he can do more when there is attention focused on the other side of the line. He's never going to be a great pass-rusher, he's a motor/effort guy. In order to be at his best, he needs that elite pass-rusher on the other side of the line drawing the double-teams.

Yeah, and there's an argument for the idea that in 2013 he did the same with Rak as he did without him in 2012, but in 2013 he was injured early in the season and played the rest of the year with that injury. Maybe a 100% healthy kerrigan with Rak produces higher stats. Add to it kerrigan going into his 4th year, maybe combined with more experience he puts up monster numbers if rak is on the field, but just the same without someone of his level.

I think Rak is good, so I don't want to downplay the idea that Kerrigan benefits with him. There's so much that goes into an individual's performance that, in hindsight, just looking at year stats doesn't really tell us much. Maybe the 2012 offense with a 100% healthy kerrigan and orakpo, with haslett no longer handcuffed by shanahan, produces a dominate pass rush.

Instead of injured guys, with playing calling handcuffed by shanahan, and an offense that leaves the defense on the field majority of the game and puts them in a position where they're always playing from behind.

people say that but the stats don't go along. over a 3 year career he's kept roughly the same numbers. which includes last year with jackson in the lineup.

could be!

I know what I saw.

I know what the coaches have said.

I know what Kerrigan has said!

#Bills, after gauging market and looking at possible trade options, are now unlikely to tag Jairus Byrd, per source (@JoeBuscaglia 1st said)

Interesting......

That one above is, yes.

I know Byrd wants $9-10 million a year. He's 27 years old. I've heard he's great, but don't know if he's just very good, or if he's elite.

Kerrigans numbers have been pretty consistant weather Rak has been on the field or not. IMO, his play was effected more by other players in the rotation who were there in 12, and for one reason or another weren't in 13.

That one above is, yes.

I know Byrd wants $9-10 million a year. He's 27 years old. I've heard he's great, but don't know if he's just very good, or if he's elite.

He had a huge rookie year, but haven't heard much from him since. Not sure what he's done, or if he's worth it. Got to be better than what we've fielded the past two seasons, though...

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

Watched the Jerry Smith football life today, damn shame he's not in the HOF

Watched the Jerry Smith football life today, damn shame he's not in the HOF

There's been quite a bit of talk about that in the media since that released.

I have a feeling he's going to get more consideration in the near future.

I recall Jerry Smith but I wasn't a fan of the Redskins until 1972. 6th grader. I haven't watched the special yet... but what did he do that was hall of fame worthy?

Now that Orakpo has been retained, who's the biggest priority? I think Anthony Collins has got to be priority number 1... if he's willing too play RT.

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

I recall Jerry Smith but I wasn't a fan of the Redskins until 1972. 6th grader. I haven't watched the special yet... but what did he do that was hall of fame worthy?

I didn't watch him play, but my understanding was that he was one of those 'revolutionary' TE's that really made a pass-catching tight end a valuable asset when other teams hadn't even switched to them yet. He set quite a few records in his day. And in general he was a stud.

I haven't seen the NFL films segment yet, but really want to. I wish I could provide more info but I just don't have it. The people I listen to on the radio had nothing but very positive things to say about him. They did a list of the next redskins most likely to get HOF considerations, and Jerry Smith was at the top of almost everyone's list.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 7, Members: 0, Guests: 7)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.