• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Random Commanders Thoughts

Rak is close to top 5 though, he's currently top 10. It's not like he's a bust, and we're hoping he finally sees the field. Maybe I'm overvaluing him, but that's just my opinion. And a top 10 guy for top 5 money is not ludicrous, IMO; it's not anything like making mediocre Archuleta the highest paid safety in the NFL...

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

No issue with your opinion. I just hate when people play the "potential" card. I know he's in the top 10, I just don't want to break the bank and have it bit us in the ass once again.

No issue with your opinion. I just hate when people play the "potential" card. I know he's in the top 10, I just don't want to break the bank and have it bit us in the ass once again.

I hear ya, I'm about fed up with "potential" as well. Hopefully the new regime is less potential, more right-now talent. :)

this new cap space stuff would move a contract for orakpo from 1/3 of the available space to 1/6.

Makes quite a difference.

this new cap space stuff would move a contract for orakpo from 1/3 of the available space to 1/6.

Makes quite a difference.

Pretty much guaranteed we'll franchise him at this point, if he isn't negotiating.

Pretty much guaranteed we'll franchise him at this point, if he isn't negotiating.

I pretty much thought that was the guarantee anyways, which is why I think all the arguing over what to do with him is probably worthless in the end ;)

The only problem is that will likely piss him off. They're talking about the tender being 2 first round draft picks, no one is going to go for that. Which means he's going to be asked to go out and have another good year before he can get paid. Players don't like that.

Some Redskins tidbits...

Chase Minnifield will have a chance to compete for playing time in 2014. Last summer, it was decided that he needed more time on the practice squad and a full (healthy) offseason before he could compete.

Richard Crawford is progressing ahead of schedule in his rehab and is expected to be 100% when OTAs begin.

Phillip Thomas is on schedule to be at 100% when OTAs begin.

Team coaches and players are expecting a "sophomore surge" from Jordan Reed, a sentiment that is shared around the league.

Some Redskins tidbits...

Chase Minnifield will have a chance to compete for playing time in 2014. Last summer, it was decided that he needed more time on the practice squad and a full (healthy) offseason before he could compete.

Richard Crawford is progressing ahead of schedule in his rehab and is expected to be 100% when OTAs begin.

Phillip Thomas is on schedule to be at 100% when OTAs begin.

Team coaches and players are expecting a "sophomore surge" from Jordan Reed, a sentiment that is shared around the league.

If we could get some solid special teams play from 2 of the 3 and perhaps a decent starter from the DB's...that would be great.

Chris Russell said his sense from talking to the players and front office:

Baker will be resigned today or tomorrow

Orakpo thinks he's a 12 or 13 mil/year guy, front office thinks more 40-45 mil over 5 years. He'll hit the open market.

Chris Russell said his sense from talking to the players and front office:

Baker will be resigned today or tomorrow

Orakpo thinks he's a 12 or 13 mil/year guy, front office thinks more 40-45 mil over 5 years. He'll hit the open market.

Sorry but no chance he's a $13 mil a year guy here. I want to pay him, but that's ABOVE the average for the top 5 players at his position. I'm for re-signing him, and I think we need to pay him, but I'm not sure he's worth that. That's such a lofty number but you can see another team paying him, such a tough spot.

Good to hear Baker will be re-signed!!

Sorry but no chance he's a $13 mil a year guy here. I want to pay him, but that's ABOVE the average for the top 5 players at his position. I'm for re-signing him, and I think we need to pay him, but I'm not sure he's worth that. That's such a lofty number but you can see another team paying him, such a tough spot.

That's the whole debate in a nutshell.

I think most everyone would prefer we have him back. The problem for some of us is the assumed cost. We'll see who he signs with and for how much.

That's the whole debate in a nutshell.

I think most everyone would prefer we have him back. The problem for some of us is the assumed cost. We'll see who he signs with and for how much.

Yeah but from day 1 I knew we would overpay... but $13 mil a year? Thats in a different orbit from what I was expecting.

Yeah but from day 1 I knew we would overpay... but $13 mil a year? Thats in a different orbit from what I was expecting.

That's about what I was expected, which is why I've been against it :\

He thinks he's an elite pass rusher and wants to be paid like it. There's not a lot of free agent pass rushers, so someone is likely to pay that. From his side of things - he couldn't have timed it any better, he's the best free agent available at a position 32 teams in the league value very highly.

At the end of the season he even said (paraphrasing): It's rare someone like me gets to enter free agency in the prime of their career

He's expecting to get paid big time bucks. We'll see what happens :\

If that report is correct, he's gone. I have been for resigning him, not anticipating the cost would be that high. It's a shame, really.

That's a little high. Its gonna hurt to lose him.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

He might also hit the market and the best deal he gets is 10 mil/year, in which case maybe he'll be back.

Who knows. The market will dictate his value and he'll either be rewarded or he'll be in for a shock. Either way I'd like to think he's going to give us a chance to match whatever his best offer is.

He's a good locker room guy by all accounts and he's 'our own' as many have mentioned. Would be an absolute shame to watch him walk, but accurately valuing and pricing free agents is part of what you have to do to be a successful organization.

or maybe he will settle for less for a 4-3 that better suits him.

Yeah, or an organization with a respectable track record of building an organization and being a competitor year after year.

if I was him that would be my primary goal, but it doesn't seem to be most NFL players primary goals in free agency. Never understood it, but I'm just the dude on the coach thinking he knows everything so ;)

I don't blame him for trying to get his max-value. I still think they franchise him for a year if he isn't cooperative.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 6, Members: 0, Guests: 6)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.