• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Random Commanders Thoughts

5 mil/year?!! I'm guessing it's more like an extremely backloaded 2 year deal with most of the money in the last 2 years.

My buddy texted me that but I can't find it anywhere and he hasn't told me where he got it from. So I wouldn't put much stock in it yet...

The beat writers are reporting that it's really more like two years, for $7 million.

Grant Paulsen ‏@granthpaulsen 39m
Since 2004: Asante Samuel (49) is the only CB with more interceptions than Deangelo Hall (43).

They always report deals in that manner.

Remember Haynesworth's $100 million?

It's most likely 2 years, with a team option to renew, $7 mill guaranteed.

Four years? That had to be backloaded, no? He's no spring chicken. He'll be 34 if he teaches the end of this deal...

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

Espn 980 is running with 4 year deal, between 4 and 5 mil/year

I'm curious how the don't re-sign Orakpo crowd feels about this? The same arguments against him can be used against D Hall, for sure.

Even more so, actually. Hall is definitely not elite, and one could argue a cheaper, more even-keel guy could make up for his boom or bust style of play.

I'm curious how the don't re-sign Orakpo crowd feels about this? The same arguments against him can be used against D Hall, for sure.

Even more so, actually. Hall is definitely not elite, and one could argue a cheaper, more even-keel guy could make up for his boom or bust style of play.

If it's really only a 2 or 3 year deal, it's hard to complain.

He played for only $1 million last year, and earned it. I think he was responsible for 2 of our 3 wins.

Re-signing Deangelo Hall was no-brainer for #Redskins. Easily team's best DB, top defensive play-maker. Didn't have talent to let him walk. --Grant Paulsen

If it's really only a 2 or 3 year deal, it's hard to complain.

He played for only $1 million last year, and earned it. I think he was responsible for 2 of our 3 wins.

Re-signing Deangelo Hall was no-brainer for #Redskins. Easily team's best DB, top defensive play-maker. Didn't have talent to let him walk. --Grant Paulsen

I somewhat agree. But then I recall seeing receivers catch passes at will against our secondary and think we probably shouldn't re-sign any of them. I dunno... I guess that's why I asked the question, because to me, Hall was the one I didn't want to overpay. This contact sounds a bit steep to me.

As much as we bitch about Hall's ridiculous antics, he is otherwise a team-player, and loyal to a team, that has otherwise been awful for most of his time here. But he's resigned in each of the last 2 years, when he could have easily justified leaving

To me, hall has done more than orakpo and is coming back for less than half the estimated cost of keeping orakpo. The deal seems a little high, but otherwise fine.

If they can get orakpo for a deal lime that count me completely on board. It isn't an option though.

If hall was demanding elite dollars I'd say let him walk too

Hall wants to be here...I'll pay a little more for someone who wants to be here and played well

Perhaps I'm mistaken, but I would think no one on this board would complain if we signed Orakpo to a 4 year deal worth 5 mil a year. Most of the reservations seem to be based on the assumption he'll get 9-10 mil a year.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

I somewhat agree. But then I recall seeing receivers catch passes at will against our secondary and think we probably shouldn't re-sign any of them. I dunno... I guess that's why I asked the question, because to me, Hall was the one I didn't want to overpay. This contact sounds a bit steep to me.

I thought Hall had his best year yet. He blanketed some of the top receivers in the game. Go check out the stats of guys like Megatron, Marshall and Dez when they played against us.

It was the rest of the secondary that was so bad. Give him a FS to help out deep, and I bet he could play even more bump and run, instead of worrying about getting beat deep.

I also like that he signed quickly. After a 3-13 season, he still wants to be here. Either we offered him too much, he really loves the DC area, he's suffered several concussions we don't know about or he believes Gruden and Haz can turn it around. I'm hoping it's the last of those scenarios.

Serious question:

Is 5mil a year a lot for a steady (albeit elder) CB?

To me it seems like a smart deal.

I was honestly wondering the same thing so I looked it up.

NFL Salaries: Top 10 Salaries for Cornerbacks | SportsCity.com

It would be in the top 10 in 2012-13 dollars. Which means he's probably in the top 10, if not just outside of it.

I guess it's quite a bit higher than I originally thought...

Maybe I'm just really out of touch with NFL contracts for positions. I also baulked at Gruden's contract...

Serious question:

Is 5mil a year a lot for a steady (albeit elder) CB?

To me it seems like a smart deal.

I don't think it was too much... and according to this, Washington Post reporting it's $4mil a year

DeAngelo Hall agrees to contract to remain with Redskins

$4 mil a year for the next 2 years doesn't scare me.... after that I'm sure they'll evaluate his play and determine whether the go after him to restructure. Contracts are just paper in the NFL anymore.. they mean about as much as a guideline. I still think he's undersized to move to safety, but I guess we will see.

I was honestly wondering the same thing so I looked it up.

NFL Salaries: Top 10 Salaries for Cornerbacks | SportsCity.com

It would be in the top 10 in 2012-13 dollars. Which means he's probably in the top 10, if not just outside of it.

I guess it's quite a bit higher than I originally thought...

Maybe I'm just really out of touch with NFL contracts for positions. I also baulked at Gruden's contract...

Hall is not a top ten CB, unfortunately. I wasn't sure where his contract stood w.r.t. other CBs in the league, but as I feared, we're overpaying him. Ugh.

I thought Hall had his best year yet. He blanketed some of the top receivers in the game. Go check out the stats of guys like Megatron, Marshall and Dez when they played against us.

It was the rest of the secondary that was so bad. Give him a FS to help out deep, and I bet he could play even more bump and run, instead of worrying about getting beat deep.

I also like that he signed quickly. After a 3-13 season, he still wants to be here. Either we offered him too much, he really loves the DC area, he's suffered several concussions we don't know about or he believes Gruden and Haz can turn it around. I'm hoping it's the last of those scenarios.

Hall had a pretty good year. It was also a contract year, in which he knew he had to prove himself. I hope this Hall is what we get for $5M per, but I tend to think we'll get same old D. Hall the gambler back. I dunno, I'll just hope he proves me wrong.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 6, Members: 0, Guests: 6)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.