• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Random Commanders Thoughts

What's interesting is that his example goes back 6 years to right before Shanahan took over.

What about the guys Brown and Campbell wanted and Mike overruled them on? :)

See, we never get Schefter to admit Mike ever made a mistake.

That's why he is useless.

keim thinks:
orakpo will be the #1 priority because haslett likes him so much
riley will probably get resigned
baker might be hard to keep
hall will be interesting to see how he does in FA with his age, despite having a good year, we might get him on a small deal

Baker will be tough to lose...but we need better upfront linemen all the way around since we're sticking with the 3-4

Cutting ties with Bowen and Carriker would probably allow us to retain Baker. Unless we're planning to sign a FA NT or nab a guy like Daniel McCullers in the draft I think Baker should be a priority.

Is it possible to switch back to the 4-3 defense with the personnel they have? Regardless there are a lot of holes to fill with either system. I'm not happy with any of the DB's. I realize Hall had a respectable year but his age and temperament are valid issues. Crawford looked promising but ended up on IR before his season got off the ground. Minnefield? Can he play or not? Amerson stays but I didn't see anything special so far? Biggars, Rambo all of the rest of the dbs need a career change...
I realize they can't cut that many players without causing cap issues.... but there has been a disturbing tendency for this team to stockpile injured players (any number of Wrs) with a huge upside for several years and none have worked out. Last season Lerebius and Minnefield? (the Corner we picked up from UVA a couple of years ago) he had a knee injury so he slid in the draft.....

If the 3-4 returns Baker has to as well unless the team is going to step up and sign an established veteran.

Cofield is undersized and wears down over the course of the season.

We need bigger ends as well. Golston is 285 and Bowen is 295.

Along with Cofield that is the smallest 3-4 I can think of around the league.

'Might be able to retain him' ?

With half the team made up of unrestricted free agents and the restored cap the Redskins should be in ideal position to resign Baker.

Teams like Seattle and Pittsburgh that liked Baker either either will have a host if guys wanting raises or in the Steelers case dealing with limited resources in terms of bonus dollars up front (which they shy away from).

Last edited:
Per Adam Shefter:
Redskins front office wanted Jamal Charles but Dan Snyder over ruled them. He wanted Malcolm Kelly

I had not commented on this story yet. The problem was the pick of Kelly. It doesn't matter who was available or who they wanted, taking Kelly was a mistake. Not drafting Charles is a mistake because we have the benefit of hindsight. In 2007, Portis had rushed for 1262 yds and 11 TDs. Betts was the backup and pitched in another 335. So Portis was coming off a good year, and Betts with a respectable year as a backup. The previous year, Portis had been hurt and only put up 500 yds. Betts filled in with 1154. Going into the draft, we had two RBs capable of being starting RBs. Even in 2008, Portis put up almost 1500 yds and Betts had only 200 being relegated to even less work. The next year, Portis fell off the table and was done soon after. Betts was similarly off the team and out of the league in a few years. It would have been tough to justify taking Charles at the time with two starting RBs already on the roster and other holes to fill.

As far as Snyder over ruling whoever wanted any player, we all know he's done this. We all know he had his hands in the pot even more so before and after Gibbs 2. Why is anyone shocked? We can all go back and re-draft from 2000 on and come up with a great team. Whoever made the picks messed up a lot. Snyder, Cerratto, Schottenheimer, Spurrier, Gibbs, Zorn, Shannahan, who cares. There is a lot of bad picks in our past and we can only hope Allen, Brown, and Campbell do better, and that Snyder stays out.

Just found out through the Google machine that my fiancee and Roy Helu went to the same high school. Random!

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

Yeah my wife told me she heard that and I was stunned for a minute before remembering you can't trade a pending unrestricted free agent.

They got Trent at RG. He doesnt look right there

Why do they even have offensive linemen on the field, it is not like the D can rush. I am done with the pro bowl, this crap this year of having ****ing sanders pick a team pushed me over the edge. They should say winning team splits 15 million and losing team gets nothing, then we would see some damn football, not this grab ass shit.

Have they even showed the cheerleaders yet? A grave injustice!

Have they even showed the cheerleaders yet? A grave injustice!

If they won't accommodate, I will just for you friend.

DSC_9254_zps6a9b227e.jpg

Why do they even have offensive linemen on the field, it is not like the D can rush. I am done with the pro bowl, this crap this year of having ****ing sanders pick a team pushed me over the edge. They should say winning team splits 15 million and losing team gets nothing, then we would see some damn football, not this grab ass shit.

They played pretty hard this year... Derrick Johnson (KC's LB) LAYED OUT Jamaal Charles. Im with you, previous years have been a joke, but this year was better. I hate Deion as much as anyone, but what they did this year definitely helped.

Pit stop in Waco. What up, Baylor! Wonder if RGIII is here...

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

Here are the college prospects that the Redskins met with individually at the East-West Shrine game and the Senior Bowl.

EW = East-West game.
SR = Senior Bowl.
1 = More than one meeting.

Max Bullough, LB - Michigan State (EW)
Justin Ellis, DL - Louisiana Tech (EW)
Timothy Flanders, RB - Sam Houston State (EW)
Charles Leno, Jr., OT - Boise State (SR) (EW) (1)
Keith McGill, DB, Utah - (SR) (EW)
Shaquille Richardson, CB - Arizona (EW)

Max Bullough, LB - Michigan State (EW)

Look this guy up on youtube.

Would like to see him on this team. One of the comments that struck me: Says he needs to know the whole defense because that's just the way his mind works. Wants to know where everybody is at so he knows how he fits into the puzzle and what his role is.

6'3" 250

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 5, Members: 0, Guests: 5)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.