• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Random Commanders Thoughts

Per Adam Shefter:
Redskins front office wanted Jamal Charles but Dan Snyder over ruled them. He wanted Malcolm Kelly

Per Adam Shefter:
Redskins front office wanted Jamal Charles but Dan Snyder over ruled them. He wanted Malcolm Kelly

Considering the source, I wonder if this is more Shanahan leaking "insider" info to his buddy to get back at the organization. Even someone as SMRT as Snyder should have known Charles would be the better prospect than Malcolm Kelly. At least they traded down for him, lol.

Schefter is a tool. I like him less and less the more I see him.

Remember when Chris Berman got a Super Bowl ring from DeBartolo and ESPN made him return it?

Schefter is Shanahan's butt boy and has no credibility when it comes to the Redskins.

Yeah, i really think it would be appropriate for someone to ask Shefter why he is reporting this now, where this information is coming from, and what his intent is in reporting 6 year old rumors? Its pretty suspect...

Yeah, i really think it would be appropriate for someone to ask Shefter why he is reporting this now, where this information is coming from, and what his intent is in reporting 6 year old rumors? Its pretty suspect...

He has a regular appearance on espn 980 and, from my understanding, they were talking about the new FO structure and the history of these people. Our two top guys have been here for a while, and there's a lot of conversation about whether they were handcuffed by others (Shanahan, Snyder, Ceratto) and deserve another chance or if they are part of the problem and for whatever reason Snyder wants them to continue to be in charge of key FO positions.

It sounded more like he was telling stories about why Brown and Campbell should stay, as opposed to dragging up 6 year old rumors.

It wasn't an out of the blue tweet or anything. It was a quote from a 10 minute long interview that he does weekly with 980.

I appreciate all that, but he's got to know that dropping a bombshell like that right after his buddy Shanahan just got unceremoniously canned is going to raise some eyebrows. And it should.

ESPN 980 Audio Vault - Play Now

That's the link to the interview. The first 6 1/2 minutes are about the recent NFL changes. It starts at 6:30

It's like I thought. They're talking about past drafts and how decisions were made. Kevin Sheehan brought up Kelley

Even Vinny Cerrato wanted Charles.

Today Sheehan said he texted Shefter after the show to clear up any confusion. The reply was "The Redskins wanted Charles. Snyder overruled them. Fact."

Per Adam Shefter:

I'm not going to deny that, but why is this coming out almost 6 years later? Who cares at this point. Sometimes I feel like Schefter just likes to stir the pot

I'm not going to deny that, but why is this coming out almost 6 years later? Who cares at this point. Sometimes I feel like Schefter just likes to stir the pot

He was asked about it.

I agree - shefter is tainted goods at this point due to his relationship with Shanahan. Take it for what ever it's worth.

I don't have time to listen to the interview but the post article implies Shefter didn't actually say Snyder overruled the decision, just implies he had to have been the one to do so...

I don't have time to listen to the interview but the post article implies Shefter didn't actually say Snyder overruled the decision, just implies he had to have been the one to do so...

Yeah, during the interview that's how it went.

Today Sheehan said he texted shefter after the interview to clear it up, and what he sent back was
"The Redskins wanted Charles. Snyder overruled them. Fact."

Again, whatever it's all worth.

Supposedly Snyder isn't making the decisions any more, and to be honest I think the general idea of the 'story' (that Snyder was picking people he wanted vs what football people in place were recommending) isn't really up for debate among most redskins fans. So, in the end, it's much of a non story. The only part that interests me any is that Cerrato actually wanted Charles over Kelley. :)

He didn't use an example of his master overruling the scouts.

Wonder why.

If Sheehan was worth a nickel, that would have been the follow up question.

Sadly, i dont even doubt its true. Effing Snyder!

Just a little preview of BBQ in a couple of weeks.

This is a group of FAs that the Redskins could target (not all of them obviously). Some will be retained by their teams and others will go elsewhere.

Browns:
C, Alex Mack
S, T.J. Ward

Broncos:
LB, Wesley Woodyard

Lions:
DE, Willie Young

Packers:
CB, Sam Shields
C, Evan Dietrich-Smith

Texans:
DE, Antonio Smith

Chiefs:
OT, Branden Albert
OG, Jon Asamoah
OG, Geoff Schwartz
S, Kendrick Lewis

Dolphins:
DT, Paul Soliai
S, Chris Clemons

Patriots:
WR, Julian Edelman
CB, Aqib Talib,
LB, Brandon Spikes

Saints:
S, Malcolm Jenkins

Giants:
LB, Jon Beason
S, Stevie Brown

Steelers:
LB, Jason Worilds

Rams:
OT, Rodger Saffold

Chargers:
LB, Donald Butler

49ers:
WR, Anquan Boldin
S, Donte Whitner

Seahawks:
WR, Golden Tate

Titans:
CB, Alterraun Verner

Bengals:
KR, Brandon Tate
DE, Michael Johnson
OT, Anthony Collins

Ravens:
OT, Michael Oher
DE, Arthur Jones

Bills:
S, Jairus Byrd

Panthers:
DE, Greg Hardy
CB, Captain Munnerlyn
S, Michael Mitchell

Bears:
S, Major Wright

Colts:
CB, Vontae Davis

I'd love it if they were able to sign Verner, but I doubt the Titans let him go. He'll get a huge deal here in the next couple weeks, I'm sure.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 9, Members: 0, Guests: 9)

Help Users
We are all excited to experience the announcement of draft selections IN REAL TIME TOGETHER. If you feel the need to be the first to 'blurt out' the team's picks you are better off staying out of chat and sticking to Twitter. Please refrain from announcing/discussing our picks until the official announcement has been made at the podium. Thanks!

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.