• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Random Commanders Thoughts

BREAKING NEWS FROM ASHBURN: Redskins announce new position added to the staff: In addition to the Quarterbacks coach, they have added 'QB Coddler' as a staff position, to be filled immediately by RG2.
Rumor has it that they'll rehire the guy who coddled John Riggins back in the day.

Joe Gibbs.

Rumor has it that they'll rehire the guy who coddled John Riggins back in the day.

Joe Gibbs.
Joe didn't coddle Riggins....he was afraid of him.

So he kept his distance and left him alone. lol

According to Adam Shefter Griffin's father has been on the sideline for quite a few games last year and this year. He specifically mentioned the Cleveland and Dallas game last year, and the phili game (I can't remember which year he said)

Ahhhh....the truth starts to come out.

So both sides are lying. RG2 might not be as over the top as Shanahan's leak proclaimed, yet he's around the team much more than the Redskins claimed.

You know who else looks hysterical in all of this? The Redskins "beat" reporters, who are fed bs from the team. They all race to be the first to defend them on twitter, and then they get made into fools.

Chris Cooley ' s film study Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday from 5-6 is awesome. Learn so much about who did what right when, why certain things happen (or didnt) who's doing their job and who isn't.

It'll be a shame when we get a new offensive system. His film reviews may not be as good if it isn't a system he spent 2 years in.

so what are the people who repost that stuff in here?

I said it (and stole it from some news anchor) before "Id rather get the new RIGHT the first time then to be FIRST and have to make it right after"

Exacly. But there's a distinction. These asshats, the "beat" reporters all fall over themselves in a rush to defend the team on twitter. Literally, a minute apart from each other. I'm sure you've seen it.

They are fed a bs line from the organization, and then they race to start the team circle-jerk. One reporter, who will remain nameless, just yesterday posted the following: "It says an awful lot when four of us are denying this story. You know it has no merit."

And then, lo and behold, they're all wrong.

I know they're in a tough spot. Question, or paint the team in an unfavorable light, and lose your access.

But it's like we now have 5 Larry Michaels running around.

OK, I have a question. One word answers only... you know, yes or no.

Did Roberts dad being at games, and on the sidelines at times adversely effect Robert or the team last or this year ?

Apparently there were lots of redskins mentions in the football life on schottenheimer

Did Roberts dad being at games, and on the sidelines at times adversely effect Robert or the team last or this year ?

Yes.

Anytime you have a father complaining to the media about the offense, and about how his prized child is being treated, yes.

Yes.

Anytime you have a father complaining to the media about the offense, and about how his prized child is being treated, yes.

A bit more then one word.... and since you went there, how exactly did it adversely effect the team ? No opinions, just straight up facts. You know, like what games did it cause us to loose.... what player (s) did it cause to under achieve... that type of stuff. :)

McD5 - these pathetic 'beat reporters' you reference - pretty ridiculous pointing out how they fall over themselves defending the team or towing the party line when compared to the 24/7 epic onslaught of negativity and scorn every other 'media expert' in America has heaped on Snyder, Shanahan, RG3, and the Redskins in general this year. Thank God for at least some tiny little voices of positivity and a contrarian point of view.

There's nothing particularly ominous about a franchise QB's father being on the sidelines for a game. I don't support it - I think the Redskins would have been wise to draw some lines early on and avoid any appearance of favoritism or inappropriate influence. But there's very little hard evidence that RG2, no matter how close to the team he has been or hasn't been, has had any particular influence on anyone or anything. I don't even know that this kind of thing doesn't occur with other teams? Of course, no one seems to care so deeply about other teams, they way they seem to need to focus on the Redskins :)

I also find the totally incongruent arguments people are making interesting. Shanahan is impervious to input, stubborn, and an egomaniac. But we're obsessively worried that RG2 has had inappropriate influence on Redskins decision-making. Which is it?

So if RG2 was on the sideline during games and complaining to coaches and disrupting the team, I'm sure there are pictures of this. The cameras are everywhere. They couldn't stay off RG3 last week. Down the stretch last year and in the playoffs, they showed Dr. Dolittle, I mean Andrews, 30 times a game. So there must be pictures or video of this, especially to such a distraction that so many are claiming.

Shanahan has that Nixon-look of a guy in the bunker who is peering outside and sees only enemies and his own conspiracy theories.

We need to get this neurotic out of the organization before he does any further damage.

And take Junior with you :)

Well, duh.

Yes, this year. No, last year.

(and, yes, I know that is more than one word.)

well all this means we have to do it again next year.

and pull more from the membership.

McD5 - these pathetic 'beat reporters' you reference - pretty ridiculous pointing out how they fall over themselves defending the team or towing the party line when compared to the 24/7 epic onslaught of negativity and scorn every other 'media expert' in America has heaped on Snyder, Shanahan, RG3, and the Redskins in general this year. Thank God for at least some tiny little voices of positivity and a contrarian point of view.

There's nothing particularly ominous about a franchise QB's father being on the sidelines for a game. I don't support it - I think the Redskins would have been wise to draw some lines early on and avoid any appearance of favoritism or inappropriate influence. But there's very little hard evidence that RG2, no matter how close to the team he has been or hasn't been, has had any particular influence on anyone or anything. I don't even know that this kind of thing doesn't occur with other teams? Of course, no one seems to care so deeply about other teams, they way they seem to need to focus on the Redskins :)

I also find the totally incongruent arguments people are making interesting. Shanahan is impervious to input, stubborn, and an egomaniac. But we're obsessively worried that RG2 has had inappropriate influence on Redskins decision-making. Which is it?

Boone, with all due respect, please tell me what inside the following quote stands out to you. And mind you, this is a direct quote from RG2:

“I think for [Griffin III], he likes some of the things that they do. And he feels any area where he had a concern, he addressed it. And I think [the Shanahans] have concerns, too. We want to have a united community,” he told the newspaper. “That first year everybody was just, 'Wow.’ And now we have to look at sustainment. It can’t be a 'Wow’ again.”

Boone, you can see the issue in one second.

It's the "we" isn't it? Did we draft RG3, or his father now in charge of operations?

"We want to have a united community,” he told the newspaper. “That first year everybody was just, 'Wow.’ And now we have to look at sustainment. It can’t be a 'Wow’ again.

Last edited:
The Redskins have claimed center J. D. Walton off of waivers.The former Bronco was waived earlier this week. He was Denver’s third-round pick in the 2010 draft and he started every game his first two season in the league. An ankle injury cut his 2012 season short and he has spent the first part of this season on the PUP list.
He was activated off of the list in November but he has yet to be active for a game since then.
According to Zac Boyer of the Washington Times, the Redskins released receiver Lance Lewis to make room for Walton on the 53-man roster.

If Shanahan is leaving, why is he signing a "system" Center? Hmm?

And if "we" aren't on the same page, what does that mean?

What's the alternative in RG2's eyes?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 5, Members: 0, Guests: 5)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.