• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Random Commanders Thoughts

I'm not really a fan of that either, though at least the player isn't running past his team mates to be by himself.

To be honest i'm not really a big fan of the individual player introductions in general, but that was over the top.

Adam Carriker ‏@AdamCarriker94
Coach confirmed I won't be activated this year. It's disappointing, but I've made huge gains & WILL be back in 2014! #Driven #Stronger #HTTR

Jordan Reed is now officially done for the season.

Whoaaaaaa! Potential big news. Happy Holidays Redskins fans.

Turn on the game. Scrolling right now:

NFL insider Ian Rapoport reporting two things:

1. Shanahan won't leave without his $7 million--well we already knew that. He's a greedy bastard.

And edit: False alarm, but still good:

Surveyed 6 GMs to see what #Redskins could get for Kirk Cousins if they traded him: Everyone believes a 2nd, not a 1st. Audition time.

Likely, this would be from a crappy team. So maybe two picks in the top 5 or 10 of the second round?

Last edited:
And one more quote from Rapoport:

One thing clear from talking to #Redskins coaches: They all think they're getting fired, tho no official word has come down.
7:35pm - 12 Dec 13

So, once again we have folks twisting in the wind for humiliating weeks at the end of a season...

Is Allen getting fired, too?

With a last name like that? That's good for business.

So, once again we have folks twisting in the wind for humiliating weeks at the end of a season...
Out of curiousity, what do you mean by that? That they should be retained?

Allen IMO is why Snyder did not fire Shanahan right away.

I think he convinced Dan that Mike should be allowed to finish out this dreadful season and then depart in the offseason.

Firing a coach during the season doesn't get you any brownie points with other coaches you may want to hire for 2014.

By firing Norv during the season Snyder took the blame off Norv for six and a half mostly lackluster seasons of work and brought criticism onto himself.

Ironically, Shanahan starting Cousins could bring up another interesting question:

If Cousins excels one can ask having graded him out as a first round talent why Mike would agree as President to sign off on a deal to trade 4 high picks for Griffin?

He could have traded down in Round 1, taken Cousins with say the 24th pick and grabbed up additional compensatory picks to rebuild the OL.

No, I'd like to see them fired right now.

Not me. Firing him during the season would just look hostile and petty. Snyder's reputation is bad enough as it is.

He could have traded down in Round 1, taken Cousins with say the 24th pick and grabbed up additional compensatory picks to rebuild the OL.

We could have picked in order Tannehill, Foles, Wilson, and still got Cousins. Imagine the number of first rounders we'd have scored off that?

They'd have been able to run that read option all they wanted then. Who cares if they get hurt, you still got 3 more :D

Or they could have picked Kuechly 1, Wagner 2, Wilson 3, and still got Cousins 4. We'd be set at ILB for a decade and still be able to trade Cousins later with none of the RG3 theatrics from Wilson, who is a PRO.

I wouldn't trade Griffin for any of them.
We could have picked in order Tannehill, Foles, Wilson, and still got Cousins. Imagine the number of first rounders we'd have scored off that?

They'd have been able to run that read option all they wanted then. Who cares if they get hurt, you still got 3 more :D

Or they could have picked Kuechly 1, Wagner 2, Wilson 3, and still got Cousins 4. We'd be set at ILB for a decade and still be able to trade Cousins later with none of the RG3 theatrics from Wilson, who is a PRO.

chris cooley said yesterday he thinks shanahan will be staying.
chris russell said his sources give him the idea it's a decent chance he's staying.

both said in that scenario it's likely haslett, burns, and kyle will resign, mike would bring in a new staff..

cooley even went on to say that he can't wait until it's officially announced so he could watch czaben squirm and go nuts on the radio over it.

hrm...

Shanny doesn't want to come back...he just wants the money.

Strange how this seems to play out every couple of years with this team ... without fail.

I wonder why? What is the common thread? Why do both coaches and players seem to "just want the money" and leave on horrible terms?

I'm pretty sure Shanahan has plenty of money.

I think he's more concerned about his pride and his 'legacy' as a head coach than 7 million dollars.

There's a new article out today, with Shanahan openly trying to solicit offers for Cousins. He's officially snapped.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 5, Members: 0, Guests: 5)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.