• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Random Commanders Thoughts

We already have a GM--AJ Smith. Does he suck? Probably. Unless you believe Snyder's going to buy out his contract too, he is the GM.

I could be wrong, but I thought AJ Smith was brought on as a "consultant" or "advisor," and is not the GM?

I could be wrong, but I thought AJ Smith was brought on as a "consultant" or "advisor," and is not the GM?

His title isn't currently the GM. But you know he's next in line, unless Shanny's just going to start writing checks to everyone.

Watching the Shanny press conference and I know this makes no sense, but it feels like he is saying F it, I'm gonna do what I think is right and if Dan wants to fire me fine, if not we'll move forward, he said he regretted not taking him out and following his gut against Seattle. I'm not sure he is gone. I think him and Dan are gonna tell each other just where they stand and Dan will decide.

I was 100% sure he was gone. No I'm down to about 60% sure. Weird.

But if it were me and you shut down Griff to save his health I'd be wondering just how little you thought of me to put me in the same spot you are trying to protect your other QB from.

Pro Athlete's whether first,second or third string, want to be on that field on Sunday.

If I'm Cousins, I don't give a hoot in hell how I got the nod,I'm going to play with the mindset that I'm going to play so well, it's going to be hard for the coach to put me back on the bench.

Yeah, I get that.

i was just thinking in a sarcastic manner more, I think. But I would definitely wonder to myself...

Cousins must already wonder how little they think of him to have left RG3 in for these 13 games, in which he's maybe played a handful of above average Quarters not counting being down 14+ in the 4th.

Crappy teams are still NFL teams.There is cap space and possibly a nice pick or two in trade for Cousins. Or Griffin if you lean that way. I'm actually hoping for a younger upcoming coach that can relate well to our qbs. I don't want any of the retreads. It's not my decision so I will try and get behind whomever we get.These new athletes are a different mindset with twitter and social media. Crusty old coaches may have struggles in today's game.
Again, I ask, who, unless they are totally desperate to get back into the NFL (Shanny) or a complete novice (Zorn), is going to come to this friggin' organization.

Have you ever noticed how NFL announcers always talk about other teams' great organizations and how well they're treated by the folks in charge? I haven't heard this about our Redskins since JKC died.

I say make Phil Robertson the GM. He will take them hunting to see what they are made of. Then Uncle Si as PR director. The media will have no idea what is being said or going on. :dizzy2:

I almost lost it this morning listening to Mike and Mike. Greenberg said he thought that without the Spygate incident, Bill Belicheat would have to be considered the greatest coach of the modern NFL era.

I know I'm a wee bit biased, but Gibbs set records with Doug freaking Williams and Mark Rypien. I really feel like that deserves a bit more credit than Belichick riding Tom Brady to 3 SBs.

Now I'm in a bad mood.

Mike and Mike are dumb. Don't listen to that trash. Andy Polin has a good show on 570 AM (which was actually on ESPN 980 this morning) if you're looking for a good sports show in the morning. You'll probably have to stream it where you are though (I use tunein)

Odds Mike Shanahan and Dan Snyder are on the same page, that this is all a bunch of bullshit and neither one has animosity towards the other, that both are upset about how the season has gone but are otherwise on the same page? That Griffin is unhappy he wont be playing, but that Shanahan and Snyder both think the offseason is going to produce a significantly better team? That maybe they'll make a special teams coaching change, maybe even defense coordinator change, but that otherwise they're planning on going into year 5 and making this happen?

That we're all just a bunch of hysterical ninnies?

That'll I'll flip flop again on what the real issue and its answer is, so that when it's all said and done I can dig up quotes of mine to prove I was right?

The "cheating scandal" was pretty weak sauce in the grand scheme of things. I suspect there have been others (I could see George Allen open to the idea it has happened before...)that have bent/broken rules that haven't been caught. Belichick is the best coach in the last 20 yrs regardless of whom you might compare him to. Gibbs is on that list of the great coaches..but the general discipline and unity of the Patriots is unheard of in today's "hype media" and "twitter stuff" . Would I take Belicheck as our new head coach? He run's a tight ship and seems to always field a competitive team regardless how many players that are injured or unavailable. Brady and the hoodie have a real special relationship. I'd jump all over the hoodie if he was available. The hoodie and ownership have a special relationship as well. Come to think of it Brady has a special relationship with the Kraft family as well...Maybe QB Coach Owner relationship is crucial to the winning formula. I'm putting the hoodie on my top head coaches of all time.

I think the best answer to all of our questions will be whether or not Griffin has any more press conferences after being deactivated.

Without Spygate though what has BB really done? They haven't won one since then and one could argue that Mike McCarthy does just as well. His teams fit all the criteria you just listed off. No I think winning 3 trophies with 3 different QB's (none of whom will even sniff the HOF) and 3 different running squads not to mention a decent defensive turnover is not getting nearly enough credit because it didn't happen recently enough. Hell I'd take Bill Walsh over BB any day and I'd put BIll Parcells right up there with BB too. Give any of these greats a QB like Brady who with the exception of one season has been pretty reliable and they'd have won multiple Lombardis too. Belichick is a very good coach, to deny that would be foolish, but the Modern Era GOAT? Not a chance.

I would say that who a person thinks is the GOAT just comes down to personal bias. Nothing wrong with that. There should be the upper echelon coaches of the past 40 years or something like that, and it would be hard to deny Belichick a spot in that. The Patriots secondary in the years prior to getting Talib could be easily argued to be as bad as ours is currently. They had to sign street free agents to fill roster spots as I recall, and he made Meriweather look enough like a Pro Bowler to get him selected for it. Sure Brady helps, quite a bit, but what he has done with the defenses on that team has been damn impressive.

I personally couldn't pick an unbiased number one, but I'm pretty sure I could fill a top 5-10 with ones that deserve it. Gibbs is no doubt in there, as are many of the others you listed.

Id say B.B. is doing the same thing he always does he has a team prepared to play on game day. He loses starter after starter and yet his team is in a strong playoff run. He won without Brady and was well compensated when he traded the backup to KC for starter quality pick/picks? Brady went through the ACL and he stayed the course. Brady Struggled his first season back.
Without Spygate though what has BB really done? They haven't won one since then and one could argue that Mike McCarthy does just as well. His teams fit all the criteria you just listed off. No I think winning 3 trophies with 3 different QB's (none of whom will even sniff the HOF) and 3 different running squads not to mention a decent defensive turnover is not getting nearly enough credit because it didn't happen recently enough. Hell I'd take Bill Walsh over BB any day and I'd put BIll Parcells right up there with BB too. Give any of these greats a QB like Brady who with the exception of one season has been pretty reliable and they'd have won multiple Lombardis too. Belichick is a very good coach, to deny that would be foolish, but the Modern Era GOAT? Not a chance.

i'll take patriot post-spygate success over what the redskins have done in the last 22 years every day of the week.

i get that they haven't won a superbowl but they've been among one of the most successful and model franchises in the league. we've been a ****ing laughingstock.

they wipe their ass with home playoff games.

oh christ, here's the headline on ESPN.com
"Some Time To Think
Mike Shanahan is teaching Robert Griffin III a lesson in humility. And it just might save RG III's career."

"It's been a tough season," Moss said. "No player wants to be in Robert's situation right now. You feel for him having to go through it but if it helps him and takes a little off him and give him more time to say this season is behind me let's get ready for next year. Other than that, I don't look at it as a morale booster. Regardless of who the quarterback is, we want to get a W."

A lot to read in that quote, I'm curious how people look at what he just said there.

"... Anyone who witnessed Griffin's Week 1, flag-carrying, drop-to-his-knees, pregame jaunt onto the field realizes Griffin has a lot of work to do as a locker room leader..."

Hey, I remember complaining about that...

I've never seen a guy run through his team mates, past them, to the other side of the field by himself, and done a big celebration.

Maybe it's just me though.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 7, Members: 0, Guests: 7)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.