• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Random Commanders Thoughts

Rich Tandler ‏@Rich_TandlerCSN
Never thought I’d see the day when Mike Shanahan admitted that he can’t protect his quarterback.

Zac Boyer ‏@ZacBoyer
Robert Griffin III's 38 sacks are tied for fifth in the NFL behind only Ryan Tannehill, Joe Flacco, Ben Roethlisberger and Geno Smith.

Dan Steinberg ‏@dcsportsbog
Mike Shanahan challenges WUSA's Dave Owens to find the Redskins Park leaker

Randy Strickland Jr. ‏@StricknineSkinz
Czabe just confirmed @HTTR24_7 & your points about Sally. Said she had direct conduit to Shanny, and knew what he would do a week ago

Skip Bayless ‏@RealSkipBayless
Shanahan must go.

If we're listening to Bayless, you might as well turn out the lights at Redskins Park, cause the franchise is done.

Grant Paulsen ‏@granthpaulsen
Shanahan has spend the past 4 seasons not calling out players. That wasn't the case today. Niles Paul, Sav Rocca, Kai Forbath among targets.

Shanahan on Niles Paul calling out effort on special teams: "Once you start playing a perfect game you can start critiquing other players."

Shanahan on Niles Paul calling out effort on special teams: "Once you start playing a perfect game you can start critiquing other players."

That's a damn shame because he is the best ST player we got.

Evan Silva@evansilva<small class="time" style="font-size: 12px; color: rgb(187, 187, 187); position: relative; float: right; margin-top: 1px;">2m</small>
Shanahan threatening to bench RG3 because he *might* get hurt is ultimate slap in face to Snyder. Begging #Redskins to fire him.

LMAO...Oh the drama.

I've been thinking the same thing. If its the sacks then why not just sit him after any chance of playoffs was gone?

He's been getting planted for weeks, why now after the houston job becomes available?

I'm guessing Snyder told Shanahan to sit Griffin.

Or maybe, if you want to assess your younger Olinemen, you put Cousins behind them. Cause if you did it with Robert back there, and he got hurt again, all the Bozo innerwepps GM know-it-alls would lose their collective minds.

Smith's biggest problem in Chicago was securing the right quarterback.

His defenses and special teams were very good for the most part.

A but of that has to be laid at the feet of the GM Angelo who failed to get Smith the qb.

During Lunch With The Legends Sunny Jurgensen referred to Theismann using the original pronunciation and drew a huge laugh and applause from the crowd.

I think and hope that Griffin remains the starter but this is like the preseason. Cousins should play in the second quarter of the remaining games. He could use the reps increasing his own value. It should be predetermined and Griffin let his talking show in the other 3 quarters. It's not like there aren't a whole lot of question marks. They need to shake up the Oline that's for sure.
Coach Mike has replied in his own comments with a whole lot of unneeded evasion for some simple questions...He is certainly not coming off has a leader of men. On top of that he has shown some issues at managing "Star Like" players. Haynesworth, Mcnabb, maybe even Cooley as well. I'm not being judgemental when I say I bet Coach Mike has a disconnect with the modern forms of media and entertainment factors of social media. We have a rudderless ship evidently I believe in my heart the team has turned off his switch and he no longer has a voice. Who could have predicted that the Skins would step up and trade all kinds of 1st round picks. A Heisman Trophy quarter back no doubt. Who would have thunk this would certainly be a media circus? Mike faded when he should have shined....the game passed him by. I wonder what Kyle is thinking? He's laying low,...

Last edited:
Sitting Griffin the rest of the way would be the smartest call we've made all year. I feel certain that Snyder told Shanahan after the latest debacle that the one thing he would not be doing during the last 3 weeks of the 2013 season was getting his QB of the future killed. The idea that not standing back there waiting to get his head taken off for 3 consecutive weeks will somehow 'impede his progress' is silly. Sit, heal, and live to fight another day, hopefully with some better talent in front of you.

I'm guessing Snyder told Shanahan to sit Griffin.

Did he also require Shanahan to start him despite being 50-60% in game 1?

This is what I'd really like to know. It would explain a few things like why was last years offense totally abandoned early in the year.

I've thought about that for a few days. Let's just assume Shanny will not be here. Same with the coaching staff on defense. Griffin will be! Same as Garcon, Morris, Helu and Reed at TE. Cousins has real trade value but are you really giving him the chance to get pounded in the sand behind an oline and a team that quits? I don't want a qb controversy I'm good with Griffin and Cousins as quality backup and possible trade bait.
Sitting Griffin the rest of the way would be the smartest call we've made all year. I feel certain that Snyder told Shanahan after the latest debacle that the one thing he would not be doing during the last 3 weeks of the 2013 season was getting his QB of the future killed. The idea that not standing back there waiting to get his head taken off for 3 consecutive weeks will somehow 'impede his progress' is silly. Sit, heal, and live to fight another day, hopefully with some better talent in front of you.

I'm surprised I seem to be the only one who thinks it may be Snyder driving the 'sit Griffin' plan.

Why do I believe it? Because Griffin has been getting absolutely hammered all season (for Gods sake, they had him blocking on an end around a couple weeks ago) and it would strike me as exceedingly odd that Shanahan has just now begun to worry about his QB's health and survivability. Not to mention, if he's all but out of here as most believe , and perceives that's so at least in part due to Griffin, why would he even care about Griffins health?

I don't get Florio and others assertion that 'benching Griffin' is somehow a ploy to get Snyder to fire him. The most logical reaction to sitting Griffin is 'thank God!'

Snyder is the one with everything to gain by keeping Griffin intact for next year, not Shanahan.

You're probably right Boone.

But I would think that if Snyder wanted Griffin sat then Shanahan would start him.

But I'm probably being a hysterical little ninnie right now.

BREAKING NEWS
Cooley will strongly consider returning to the redskins under a new regime next year

and he was only like 5% kidding.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.