• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Random Commanders Thoughts

I know im in the minority but ive always loved paulsen.

He's hard no to like. Just does his job the best he can. All effort kind of guy. He's even gotten better at not getting called for holding.

I showed up. And at half time I realized I was dumb and the people that stayed home were smarter.

Listening to shanahans presser, he's done. Not coming back. I'd honestly be surprised if he even finished the season.

I hope you anti-shanahan people are right. Cause that's the way this is going.

I woke up with the score at 38-10, and just over a minute remaining in the third, went to empty the bladder, went back to bed with the score at 45-10. However, the dogs moved in to my warm spot so decided to stay up.

One thing I noticed during the game was that when one of our players made a catch, or gained some yards, their D players were pissed and not happy. When their players gained yards, our players were like 'Meh, maybe next time I'll tackle him'.

At least the next two games we get should be worth watching. 49ers v Seahawks, followed by NO v Carolina.

These last three games are going to be very painful.

IMO this team is done. These guys can't execute basic plays and fail to play together as a unit. It's gone beyond talent, now it's as much mental as anything else.

As Brian Mitchell said special teams in particular are as much or more about discipline and attitude as physical talent.

A war now seems on between Shanahan and Snyder/Griffin to lay blame for the fiasco in the media and the players just want to make it through the last 3 games without getting injured.

What did he say in particular, that jumped out ?

Before you read my answer, know that I realize parsing words isn't always the best idea.

Shanahan was asked about the story about him packing up his office in January of last year.

His response:

"I'm not going to talk about something that happened last year"

Which means, to me, that the report is true.

Which means that despite what many of us have said about Griffin having way too much influence, about Snyder going back to his old ways of thinking players should have more say than coaches, were all wrong - we were way wrong. The situation was orders of magnitudes worse than any of us thought it was.

The franchise is being dictated by a 23 year old and a shitstain owner that thinks it's cool to coddle him.

Circus; you weren't gone very long.

dear snyder,
**** you **** you **** you **** you **** you **** you **** you **** you **** you **** you **** you **** you **** you **** you **** you **** you **** you **** you **** you **** you **** you **** you **** you **** you **** you **** you **** you **** you **** you **** you **** you **** you **** you **** you **** you **** you **** you **** you **** you **** you **** you **** you **** you **** you **** you **** you **** you **** you **** you **** you **** you **** you **** you **** you **** you **** you **** you **** you **** you **** you

To take a sarcastic slant on things for a moment - why would Shanahan further comment on an article in the Post he or his backers may very well have authored?

It seems a media battle is on and that article a salvo from Shanahan's camp back at Griffin and Snyder for a couple of coach bashing 'source' articles the past few weeks.

something needs to be firebombed.

i vote whatever moving vehicle snyder happens to be occupying.

I think Shanahan largely fired himself. He came into an old and under talented team that needed an overhaul and 4 years later we are still one of the oldest teams in the league and still in last place.

The only team below us in the standings just fired the coach after going from first to worst.

"One of the worst days in franchise history. "
- Kevin Sheehan

One of the worst days in franchise history. The good, bad, and more from the game.

Good:

1. The fans that showed up at the game. On one of the worst weather days in team history, props to the diehards that showed up.

Bad:

1. Overall effort. A no-show by the team.

2. Coaching. I disagree that the team wasn't ready in recent weeks but today was a joke. They weren't ready and that's on the head coach. Additionally and specifically, some of the worst Sp Teams coaching decisions you'll ever see. To continue to punt the ball to Dexter McCluster was comical.

3. Tackling. Laughable.

4. Running game. Non-existant.

5. Quarterbacks. Both were bad.

More:

1. It's rock-bottom time again for this franchise. This week should be interesting to say the least. Shanahan, Snyder, who starts at QB....total S-show.

NFL network during highlights of the game:
"subway called, they want their endorsement back "

What is sad is the way we are fighting amongst ourselves. We're in need of a group hug and sing kumbaya. The off season can't come fast enough.

Chris Russell ‏@Russellmania980
...the report on @ESPN, Dan Snyder was very, very upset as it was described to me by two sources. Dan/Bruce still at FedEx when I left.

Also say this - my understanding leading up to today is that Dan and Mike had an OK relationship for most part, outside of Mike's anger.

HTTR24-7.com ‏@HTTR24_7
Crown Royal RT @NBCdianna I'm still here at Fed Ex Field. Dan Snyder and Bruce Allen are still here. #redskins

Nothing has happened yet according to some people I've heard from. Doesn't mean it will not, but for now - nothing.#Redskins

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 4, Members: 0, Guests: 4)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.