• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Random Commanders Thoughts

Yep...right there with you on his contract. He had to take it, and without the cap penalty, I bet the Redskins match or come close to matching that offer; Snyder has never shied away from over-spending a bit. But with the cap penalty, it was simply impossible. LoZo knows this...the pot shots were unnecessary.

If Lo underperforms at LB for the Cards (and that is certainly possible), he could be cut after one season. Only contract he could get at that juncture is a vet minimum, if anything. Stay here, and you actually could make more money in the long run.

The short term gain vs. the long term gain thing. It may work out in his favor, but maybe not - time will tell.

From WPost comes a little more mellow interview from Zo.

I'm with you guys on the pot-shots taken earlier. He took the best offer, has a chance to play more significant role and the team he's going to is in the same situation he's used to.... losing.

By all accounts, he's a good guy and it would have been nice to keep him around but free agency is what it is and the business side of this game has become more transparent because of it.

When teams don't make the best offer there is "disrespect", old stuff but it is the psyche of all competitors.

When a player leaves it's "disloyal" to the fanbase.

We all initially react accordingly, a flash of hate and misunderstanding, after a while we forget and move on, business as usual.

“It was very hard, but the cap made it easier, from a financial standpoint,” Alexander said in a telephone interview late Wednesday night. “The reality is, the cap messed us up. They wanted to keep Fred [Davis], they wanted to re-sign me, wanted to be able to keep [DeAngelo] Hall. But they couldn’t. It’s hard because as a player, you do everything they ask, and then they can’t make a commitment to you.

“As a player, it’s not all about the money, but a million dollars, you can’t make that up over your career,” said Alexander, who last season had a base salary of $700,000.

The funny thing is, even $700k is several good years for a whole lot of people and we're able to feed our kids just fine.

Nick

The funny thing is, even $700k is several good years for a whole lot of people and we're able to feed our kids just fine.

Nick

True, but you have to take the whole picture into consideration.

What's a typical agent get? 20% I believe.

So knock that $700k down to $560 immediately.

Then taxes, family members, posse, women, and a house.

It goes quickly. Eventually, they are bankrupt.

I thought agents only got 4%...at least that's what I learned in Jerry MaGuire, lol.

I did some digging and found this chart of players agent's salaries categorized by sport.

DCYEEePgno0z98kUt00Gqpt6iUGXk1S6MBZiuAog11W58gIfjLY-dipohP74oQ0Qx_62MYebQV9hPxyWI7xfkp633094nBFGAuuNV2SdtXUzPoNH6vhlDQ9AOA

http://www.sportsmanagementworldwide.com/courses/athlete-management-sports-agent/salaries

Derek Cox to the Chargers. **** YOU RIGHT IN THE FACE, MARA.

It all comes down to relative value.

For a team like the Redskins with several visible holes in the starting 22 and with a group of core players coming off severe injuries, the team could not pay a special teams captain $9M.

The question that I am asking us what were the Cardinals thinking?

They are less talented across the board than Washington and Alexander will be asked to challenge for a role as a WL?

I don't see the fit.

If anything, Alexander is an inside backer.

The fact he is 30 makes those plans even more off the wall.

If he was 16 game starting material he would have seen more reps over the past two years.

Redskins strategically signing Pashos earlier to make the Trueblood signing look better. Wtg

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

Redskins strategically signing Pashos earlier to make the Trueblood signing look better. Wtg

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

Again...I understand the frustration, but what do you expect with this cap penalty hanging over the FO? Not many other options.

Again...I understand the frustration, but what do you expect with this cap penalty hanging over the FO? Not many other options.

Expressing frustration? No.

Framing the two signings in a realistic yet humorous light? Yes.

Expressing frustration? No.

Framing the two signings in a realistic yet humorous light? Yes.

Ah...I interpreted it as bitter and angry, not humorous (projecting my own frustrations with the penalty, perhaps). Sorry. :)

Sean Smith signed for $6M a year with the Chiefs. Derek Cox for about $5M. Without the cap penalty, the Redskins would have a revamped secondary & a new RT with no problem...

**** YOU MARA.

Ah...I interpreted it as bitter and angry, not humorous (projecting my own frustrations with the penalty, perhaps). Sorry. :)

To our benefit or detriment, I got what I wanted this offseason...almost. We resigned a bunch of role players instead of trading them in for a big name here or there and got rid of someone who I believe was necessary for this team to progress.

Although I'm a bit frustrated by our cap, I gave into the full penalty a while back so free agency while interesting is not something I felt we would able to participate in for the first 2-3 weeks.

I'm just glad there is relevant football news that's keeping me out of the other forums. :D

Sean Smith signed for $6M a year with the Chiefs. Derek Cox for about $5M. Without the cap penalty, the Redskins would have a revamped secondary & a new RT with no problem...

**** YOU MARA.

Your last three words can not be overstated.

**** You, Mara.

Mike Wise Blows

Ok so if the Anti-Redskins ridiculousness wasn't enough I am now officially listing Mike Wise as dead to me. I stopped listening to his radio show before he got the hook, I unfollowed him on twitter after the latest round of anti team name rah rah... But now he has separated himself from the pack by becoming the male counterpart to the old angry Sally Jenkins. His latest offering just made my mind up for me.

Dead. ****ing dead to me. Don't even bother Mike (nah nah nah nah) I can't hear you. Tool.

Yeah...I used to like him, but he's just so chockfull of righteous indignation, I can't stomach his schtick anymore. Hating the Redskins and their organization is pretty much a job requirement if you're interested in covering the Redskins for the Washington Post. It's been that way for a long time. It's a shame too - the Post long ago forgot who their customers were.

The post is instrumental in fueling the hatred for Snyder among the fan base. Obviously Snyder started that fire, but the post has made it their mission statement to throw gas on it every chance they get.

It's pretty sad when you are trying to be objective and can see how they manipulate information in their articles. The most ridiculous one in recent memory is the 'suing grandma' ridiculousness.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 5, Members: 0, Guests: 5)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.