• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Random Commanders Thoughts

You are starting to see some national outlets trying to foment rumors already about Snyder’s meddling.

A report this morning from ESPN related that Ryan Kerrigan won’t be released because Snyder wants him to retire a Redskin and is adamant about it.

Really? You mean there is no chance Rivera likes Kerrigan in the 4-3 during a transition year and his veteran leadership for Young and Sweat?

Kerrigan can also get back up to 270-275 and be an edge defender at DE.

It seems that both Young and Sweat will be challenged in Year 1 to prove themselves as run defenders as well as rushers.

No reason not to keep Kerrigan for 2020 and we can reduce that $11.7M cap number with a restructured extension that provides him with $$ incentives for sacks and games played, etc.

One thing the media may not have considered - Rivera and Snyder May actually agree on this 😎

Surprise !!

Maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan!! I was telling SilentThreat that JP is usually pretty spot on with these things.

Get Big Trent back, sign Scherff....lets GOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

WTEAM related that report this AM.

Wonder what his extension is going to look like?

With Reed close to his release we have another $8.5M coming free.

I agree the Snyder-Rivera stuff is probably just media pot-stirring. How would anyone in the media even know that kind of info even if it were going on?

Maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan!! I was telling SilentThreat that JP is usually pretty spot on with these things.

Get Big Trent back, sign Scherff....lets GOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

Yeah but I dont know who Tony Pauline is, not disputing the report, just don't know that guy. He's a Draft Analyst at Pro Football Network. Not sure why he would have an inside track, maybe him and Rivera are close?

Hear any free agents the Washington Redskins are interested in at any position? What is the latest on Trent Williams?

Here are two updates from my previous reports on the Redskins:

1) Not only does Ron Rivera love Chase Young, but owner Daniel Snyder wants Young to wind up DC. It seems unanimous the owner and the coach are on the same page on drafting Young at this point.

2) I made mention during The Draft Insiders podcast the belief is Trent Williams is likely to return to the Redskins since they’ve cleaned house. A source told me outright Williams will return to Washington because of Ron Rivera.

How is no. 1 not being blasted everywhere nationally? This is the same guy JP Finlay quoted about the Trent thing.

Dunbar still wants out after talking to the staff

From what I read, he reached out and the team declined. Not sure if that means they dont want to talk at all, or if they need to wait until after Trent / Kerrigan / Scherff are figured out. My assumption, as MikefromOh pointed out to me, would be the latter. Also likely waiting to see what happens at the start of Free Agency, since Dunbar is already under contract this year.... If we sign Bradberry and end up trading back and drafting Okudah, the contract extension could change dramatically.

We have 4 other dudes in front of you...and you start throwing a tantrum? Bye.

I wish him luck and hope he comes to his senses about retiring

Reactions: Om
Even with Alex Smith's and Kerrigan's contracts on the books we're now at $62M under the cap at the moment. Time to go get Bradberry!

I'm probably in the minority here but I'd prefer we keep Dunbar for a prove it year (he missed 14 games the last 2 years) and tell him to suck it up and play out the last year on his contract. He doesn't like it? Too bad. Shut up and do your job.

Dunbar doesn’t have the stones like Trent to sit a year out of the NFL.

He’s belly-aching but in the end he’s going to play regardless.

And as Cooley indicated he is really a solid #2 corner not a #1.

Last edited:
The Redskins last Super Bowl victory was closer in time to the release of the Rolling Stones debut album and U.S. involvement in the Vietnam War than it is to today.

But it could be worse. The last time the Cleveland Indians won a championship was closer to a time when the United States was only 38 states than it is to today.

If TW reports he's getting a new contract, probably a 4 year deal, which is really a 3 year deal guaranteed. No way he comes back on a 1 year flyer non-guaranteed contract and no way he comes back after the $$$ issues reported last year for a 2, imo.

The Cardinals haven’t won a title since 1947.

Teams like the Lions and Browns haven’t been to a Super Bowl period.

Things could be worse.

It took us 44 years to get a Cup team in DC.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 6, Members: 0, Guests: 6)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.