• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Random Commanders Thoughts

There is no other reason that someone is is a concussion protocol 6 months after it happened except if he is still having lingering issues. why that doesn't make him re-evaluate his entire line of thinking when it comes to football is beyond me, but someone in the NFL office should step in and "ban" him from lacing them up again. we could see a Jordan Reed CTE related death in the future if they don't.

I’ve said this before, but just like with boxing, a death from a violent shot to the head is probably inevitable. It’s probably going to take something like that happening on national TV for the NFL to get serious about trying to eliminate these kinds of plays from the game. I 'd prefer the NFL do a more aggressive job trying to prevent CTE vs. forcing players to retire (they have no legal basis for doing something like that unless they were going to mimic what boxing does which requires a commission to credential boxers as safe to compete across all 50 states). I don’t see that happening.

I’ve said this before, but just like with boxing, a death from a violent shot to the head is probably inevitable. It’s probably going to take something like that happening on national TV for the NFL to get serious about trying to eliminate these kinds of plays from the game. I 'd prefer the NFL do a more aggressive job trying to prevent CTE vs. forcing players to retire (they have no legal basis for doing something like that unless they were going to mimic what boxing does which requires a commission to credential boxers as safe to compete across all 50 states). I don’t see that happening.

It's not helping that the NFL is so inconsistent it's not even funny. Trey Quinn got plowed trying to catch a punt and got a concussion, and the defender, who had his head down, got nothing (I want to say there was a personal foul penalty, but that was it). Olsen lowered his head and Anderson made helmet to helmet contact, knocking Olsen out, and Anderson got ejected... they both happened in the same game.

Quinn was defenseless looking to receive the punt. Olsen was equally an aggressor with the ball in his hands.... Anderson ejected.

I 100% agree. There’s no excuse when they have the ability to review these hits in real time.

instant replay was supposed to solve all of these problems. but, it seems the refs are just getting worse and no matter how many cameras are pointed at a play its always going to be inconsistent.

So, Greg Olsen signs with Seattle. That is probably a good thing.

Everyone knows that. Because Jordan said it to a reporter. 3 times in a row. And tried to comb his hair with a spoon. So there’s that.

Everyone knows that. Because Jordan said it to a reporter. 3 times in a row. And tried to comb his hair with a spoon. So there’s that.

To be fair, it was a Spork, not a Spoon.
Easy mistake to make, as they look real similar.
But the spork still maintains the fork qualities, like a comb.
I know, because I eat at Arby's a lot.

spork.jpg
spork.jpgspork.jpg

It all comes down to the player ultimately. Reed doesn’t want to quit despite making millions for his family.

The trouble is if the league wanted to set a rule about concussions or other head trauma and continuing playing tge individual player could seek an injunction claiming restraint of trade.

So where is the middle ground?

It all comes down to the player ultimately. Reed doesn’t want to quit despite making millions for his family.

The trouble is if the league wanted to set a rule about concussions or other head trauma and continuing playing tge individual player could seek an injunction claiming restraint of trade.

So where is the middle ground?

Maybe the delay is the result of the league putting together some new legal paperwork that absolves the NFL of any future liablity, should Reed insist on continuing to play.

According to Hoffman, Jordan should be cleared soon, He wants to play, and He wants a fresh chance to play elsewhere so he wants to be released

As soon as it became apparent that O'Connell was Hoffman's "Deepthroat," I stopped trusting him. I'm sure Jordan is saying a lot of things right now. Some of them may even sound like words and sentences.

Per The Athletic, Reed out of concussion protocol, to be cut, still wants to keep playing.

Per The Athletic, Reed out of concussion protocol, to be cut, still wants to keep playing.

You’d think this would be a perfect time for Goodell to step up for players safety and just forbid a team to sign him. It seems teams need to shun Reed for his own good.

If not the commissioner then the players union

I'm glad I got the chance to see a video of the young man in depth. When he tones down the "front", turns the character off for the camera, and just speaks like himself...the kid is pretty sharp. Not at all the ego-centric he comes across in the blurbs I've seen over the last year. The kid still needs to mature, a lot...but this video gave me some hope. The kid appears smart enough to know what he needs to do to succeed.

We'll see if he truly has the overall talent to be a QB in the NFL.

https://www.nbcsports.com/washingto...ey-how-dwayne-haskins-spent-his-first-million

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 4, Members: 0, Guests: 4)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.