• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Random Commanders Thoughts

Dolphins put 37 in the iggles and are going to win. The phins must of had someone watching our score today and said F it let's win

The D showed up big again today. O wasn't too shabby either moving the chains. Don't care how anybody wants to spin it, winning helps build confidence in young players. Congrats to the Skins on the best showing of the season !

Normally a week where the Redskins win and all three of our division rivals lose would be a good week. Considering the current state of the Redskins, meh.

Have never heard of this Chris Odom dude before but damn, welcome to the defense

4 tackles, 2 sacks, 1 forced fumble is a pretty good start

The D showed up big again today. O wasn't too shabby either moving the chains. Don't care how anybody wants to spin it, winning helps build confidence in young players. Congrats to the Skins on the best showing of the season !

Something has definitely changed, they're putting heart into these last couple of games and it's showing up in the outcome. Baby steps

Yeah, the confidence gained by winning to me is the most important thing. The way they have been playing and losing has been detrimental to the younger players growth. These young guys learning how to win is more valuable than 1 or 2 draft spots next year.

Have never heard of this Chris Odom dude before but damn, welcome to the defense

4 tackles, 2 sacks, 1 forced fumble is a pretty good start

Same could be said for Nate Orchard.
Came out of nowhere and was a beast today.
Stat line doesn't even tell the whole story for him.
He was residing in and pressuring in a collapsed pocket all day.

Last edited:
So let me get this straight, the Redskins are winning meaningless games and potentially gifting what could be a dominant defensive prospect to a division rival?

Sounds like one of the most Redskins things to do these days.

Same could be said for Nate Orchard.
Came out of nowhere and was a beast today.
Stat line doesn't even tell the whole story for him.
He was residing in and pressuring in a collapsed pocket all day.

Was Norman out there today?
The new kids definitely brought it going by box score. Dude's been a warrior for us over the years, damn near 10 but the writing is on the wall with Kerrigan I do believe.

I'm just curious what in the hell has gotten into Manusky lately? Our defense has been hovering around that 28th ranked mark all season, after today we're ranked 19th! It's like he's channeling Petitbon

http://www.nfl.com/stats/categoryst...OTAL_YARDS_GAME_AVG&d-447263-o=1&d-447263-n=1

or it could be both OTs for the Panthers were out and their d-line was decimated.

nice to win. but let's not get carried away. I wont reprise all the bad things I saw today. it was nice seeing Guice break a few and Haskins, when given half a day, can certainly find a receiver to throw to.

or it could be both OTs for the Panthers were out and their d-line was decimated.

But that's only part of it. The Redskins have faced some pretty bad and struggling offenses and made them look pretty good. The Bears, Giants, and Jets were all struggling offenses who looked like world beaters against the Redskins. The Panthers and Lions may have had injuries, but let's not act like the defensive players on the field didn't play better the last 2 weeks. McCaffrey had one of his worst rushing totals of the year. Not to mention, after the first two drives when it looked like the same old defense, the Redskins held the Panthers in check for a large portion of the game. These were things they were not doing earlier in the year, even against bad offenses.

Was Norman out there today?
The new kids definitely brought it going by box score. Dude's been a warrior for us over the years, damn near 10 but the writing is on the wall with Kerrigan I do believe.

Every time I saw Norman, he was on the sideline and dressed.
He must have been itching to get out there against his former team.
According to Pro Football Focus, Josh Norman is 109 out of 110 cornerbacks in passer rating allowed (156.3). He's allowed 12 receptions on 16 targets for 215 yards and three touchdowns this season. In 2015, Norman's final year in Carolina, he was tops in the NFL with a 58.1 passer rating allowed.

nice to win. but let's not get carried away. I wont reprise all the bad things I saw today. it was nice seeing Guice break a few and Haskins, when given half a day, can certainly find a receiver to throw to.
I'm just curious what in the hell has gotten into Manusky lately? Our defense has been hovering around that 28th ranked mark all season, after today we're ranked 19th! It's like he's channeling Petitbon

But that's only part of it. The Redskins have faced some pretty bad and struggling offenses and made them look pretty good. The Bears, Giants, and Jets were all struggling offenses who looked like world beaters against the Redskins. The Panthers and Lions may have had injuries.

The injuries go both ways. We ultimately had our top three OLB's out today...

Kerrigan - Out ; Hurt
Anderson - Ejected
Sweat - Out ; Hurt

In fact, our most dominating players today were "nobodies" we just signed off the street, to replace all of them : Odom and Orchard.
That likely points to an adjustment in coaching.

Last edited:
I swear! If the Giants end up with Chase Young, I am going to f***ing vomit!

Kerrigan - Out ; Hurt
Anderson - Ejected
Sweat - Out ; Hurt

I still don't get that ejection. Well, let me state it this way. If that is an ejection then the hit on Quinn, who is in a much more vulnerable position and has defenseless player protection, should also warrant an ejection. Olsen doesn't have defenseless player projection since he's a runner. Not to mention he lowered his own head when the contact was coming making the hit worse. Again, I'm not saying that the hit on Olsen shouldn't be an ejection, but a worse hit should then also be an ejection.

Ya gotta play the opponent thats on the field and the skins have looked better no matter how ya slice it. Todays 7 sacks put us at 36 for the year and that aint bad considering there`s 4 more games to add to it. As Kel noted they held Mcaffrey in check, and hes no slouch.

It could be Manusky had a light bulb click on, the players finally give a crap, or could even be our aged vets in Norman & Kerrigan were holding them back. More than likely a combination but it's resembling more of the defense we expected at the seasons beginning.

Replacing Manusky should be #2 on the priority list only after firing Bruce, but I'll take it all the same.

I swear! If the Giants end up with Chase Young, I am going to f***ing vomit!

I doubt Bruce`s replacement would go after a pass rusher anyways, thats the one department where the team is set for the most part. Our new LT is going to take him to the woodshed regardless.

Something has definitely changed, they're putting heart into these last couple of games and it's showing up in the outcome. Baby steps

http://www.nfl.com/stats/categoryst...OTAL_YARDS_GAME_AVG&d-447263-o=1&d-447263-n=1

What has changed is the head coach. Callahan and staff have the players mentally and physically ready to play. I really think it's that simple. Sure, people will say that the Panthers and Lions are bad teams, but so are the Redskins, and under Gruden they would have found a way to lose those games. Notice there were almost no penalties this week? There wasn't a single "boneheaded" penalty to negate a big play, which was the Skins' signature play this season until a couple weeks ago.

You practice hard, you study hard, you turn off the music in practice, you bench the divas that aren't earning their $10 million salaries, you give young hungry players a chance, and you build a game plan that fits the players you have, and good things are going to happen.

Anyone complaining that the Skins winning reduces they're chance to draft next year's superstar...fill in the blanks...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.