• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Random Commanders Thoughts

I completely disagree! I was happy to see that the young guys have some passion and want to win, no matter what their record is.

All good brother. Passion is most certainly welcomed from the team, especially from the young guys. The downside of winning more games THIS season though may extend Bruce & the current coaching staff past the 2020 season. That would practically negate good draft positioning having the current staff return and bungle our newbs up IMHO.

I'm not so sure Dan would get rid of Bruce, and no coach of quality would work under the dynamic duo so losing may be the only real way out of this mess to move forward in rebuilding.

I hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving!

So sad to see a player like Trent Murphy balling on another team...happy for the kid, but wish he'd been given an opportunity to shine, here.

I'd say the same about Preston Smith, but he's a Florida Gator and now that he is not wearing the B&G...f*** him! LOL!!!~

It seems that pretty much all ex-Redskins are having a really good Post-Washington career.

Not all. Most players tank elsewhere too. This year, there just happens to be a few that are making plays on winning teams. But regardless if the number is 1, 3, or 25, the bottom line is guys aren't getting it done here. I've always thought that was an indication of coaching and not being able to put players in position to make plays and getting the most out of them.

All except Sua Cravens.

Not all. Most players tank elsewhere too. This year, there just happens to be a few that are making plays on winning teams. But regardless if the number is 1, 3, or 25, the bottom line is guys aren't getting it done here. I've always thought that was an indication of coaching and not being able to put players in position to make plays and getting the most out of them.

On a more serious note regarding ex-Skins, Terrell Pryor is suddenly fighting for his life, after getting stabbed

https://www.wtae.com/article/terrelle-pryor-nfl-stabbed-pittsburgh-apartments/30061303

Last edited:
I know I've had the conversation about the skins hiring a team to compute trends so the coaches can learn from them and move on before with a few board members. Certainly wasn't my idea but one I completely agree with and could possibly explain why the team hasn't shown a need to stop running on 1st down EVERY series.

Callahan confirms the team doesn't have a nerd department to study such trends.

https://www.yardbarker.com/nfl/arti...edskins_approach_to_analytics/s1_127_30658349

Then what do these knuckle heads do when studying film? Is this about analyzing data or not hiring a single, accountable person for the function?

It certainly feels like we run off tackle on every single first down ... but if I'm reading this funky chart right, we've had a total of 235 1st-down plays so far in 2019 ... 118 pass plays, 117 runs.

https://www.sharpfootballstats.com/play-selection---first-down-rate--off-.html

Which, if accurate, kinda plays into what I've thought of our offense since Kyle Shanahan left. It's like whoever is calling plays has the playsheet in one hand, and a clicker in the other, and makes sure we have statistical "balance" throughout the game. Never seen an offense that feels so predictable or telegraphs it's runs vs passes more. Defenses don't seem fooled by our playcalls very often--instead they always seem to have people flowing to the ball on runs, and dropping the right combos into coverage on passes.

Oh, and making sure to blitz at least one guy on passes who comes free and forces the timing of the play.

Whoever ends up coaching this team next year, at the very least I'd like to see someone calling plays that a couple times a game actually seem to not come from an easily decodeable script.

Not sure OM...but good oberservation. Over his time here Gruden was pass oriented. Callahan has gone in the other direction. Averages can mask deviation patterns.

I do agree with your core observation: one could almost guess the play well before the snap. Obviously, not having a TE, a downfield threat (Richardson), Thompson on the bench and while b urdened with an o-line that is more consistent at holding than pass pro have severely limited the options in the passing game (i.e., McLaurin). The team has been more or less one dimensional since they unloaded Garcon and d-Jax.

Agree they need an OC or new HC that can think more creatively. Then they csn hire a DC who isn't also totally predictable - though once again they need to fix a long term personnel problem (the secondary).

Way to build a roster and hire coaches Bruce! You da man!

Last edited by a moderator:
Are the sacks on our o-line or Haskins today?

WR's....coverage sacks...not always, but frequently, IMO
at the same, the receivers are having a good day, by Redskins' standards...they picked up momentum in 2nd quarter.
Game should be 15-14 at half instead...due to mismanaged time clock and play-calling, costing us a FG...
actually should be 17-14, because IMO the 2-point attempt was good - the ball is allowed to touch the ground on a reception, as long as the ground doesn't support the catch, and it didn't

Last edited:
WR's....coverage sacks...not always, but frequently, IMO
at the same, the receivers are having a good day, by Redskins' standards...they picked up momentum in 2nd quarter.
Game should be 15-14 at half instead...due to mismanaged time clock and play-calling, costing us a FG...
actually should be 17-14, because IMO the 2-point attempt was good - the ball is allowed to touch the ground on a reception, as long as the ground doesn't support the catch, and it didn't

Seems to me that DH is getting more comfortable every game as the starter. By no means is he setting the football world on fire...yet. But he's seeing the field better and that's the baby steps he should be taking.

Once the quicker decision making kicks in those sacks should diminish, and he'll learn to either take off or throw it away. We got to get him a big body for TE duties though, possibly even 2 in a FB as well. That would help out a ton.

So the refs aren't hurting the Carolina cause it would seem

Seems to me that DH is getting more comfortable every game as the starter. By no means is he setting the football world on fire...yet. But he's seeing the field better and that's the baby steps he should be taking.

That's all I'm looking for, improvement

Liking what a healthy Guice brings too

Absolutely love a true commitment to the run game. Once the passes start clicking consistently we'll be aight

Seeing a 77 spike the ball gave me flashbacks to Daryl Grant spiking the ball during the NFC Championship Game eons ago. Damn I'm old

Moreau is on a ****ing tear!

Edit: Disregard, box score corrected itself

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 4, Members: 1, Guests: 3)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.