• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Random Commanders Thoughts

The fact is Alexander is a 30 year old role player. We don't have corners or safeties right now.

If the Cardinals who have no qb or offensive line think Alexander is going to improve them that much on Teams and as a situational performer then more power to them.

Arizona was done as a contender when Warner retired and the team let Boldin and Dansby leave.

Then there was the Kolb trade.

Its official, Lorenzo has signed with the Cardinals. Bon voyage, OMG! Hope they paid you well.

Redskins fanatics..... how's it feel? You know to go out of your way to vote your special teams ace to the probowl and then have him take pot shots on the way out because that probowl nod raised his price to where you couldn't afford him any longer? Whatever. Its a GD shame when Meangelo Hall is the only player cut to keep his mouth shut.

Does anyone else just automatically unfollow players on Twitter when they leave?

He took pot shots on the way out ?
What did he say ?

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...-redskins-changed-their-offer-at-last-minute/

“I was ready to sign back with the Redskins on Monday night, but it wound up not being close at all,” Alexander said. “They were offering $2.6 [million guaranteed] with an overall contract of $7.5 million over three years. The next day, they called back and said they would only guarantee $1.4 [million] of that. Dropping more than a million dollars overnight without any reason, I couldn’t take that money out of my kids’ mouths. Based on everything I’ve done [for] this organization, doing everything the right way, it was just a bad way to treat me.

“I understand the business, but, . . . it didn’t sit right at all with me.”

If he understood the business, he would understand the pickle we are in here. And all he had to do was say that the cardinals were giving him a chance to be a starting linebacker and leave it at that.

No exactly a "potshot" I guess but disappointing anyway.

Out of his "kids mouths"... Yeah like they'd be hungry if he didn't leave. I hate that phrase being used by a guy who makes a LOT more than any of us.

So LoZo took the money and ran......to the tune of about a million bucks per win by the Cards. Can we please stop talking about him now? As far as I'm concerned, he's now the enemy. I don't wish an injury upon him but I don't wish him luck either, unless he's blowing up the Farty Whiners and the Seahags.

I am so ****ing sick of these athletes saying that they are having food taken out of their kids' mouth! He is guaranteed 40 times my income over the next 3 years and I can feed my kid!

I understand a million bucks is a million bucks and he felt slighted, but don't say it takes food out of your kids mouth!

Last edited:
Landry getting paid in Indy...
Ha Freakin Ha Indy...
Welcome to Bob Sanders 2.0

Re: Alexander

It's a business. Dude had a chance to get paid and he took it. Good for him. He played well for cheap while he was here, he owes us nothing, he played hard when he was here.

I said at the start he was going to be gone because he wasn't worth what someone else would be willing to pay him. Now you see what I mean.

I wish him luck, I think he'll need it. There's a reason he's getting his first starting job at 30.

Really don't understand the anger about it. It was a much desired promotion and all of you would do the same thing. He was worth every penny we paid him when he was here. Very few people fit that description for us over the last 10 years.

It's a business. Dude had a chance to get paid and he took it. Good for him. He played well for cheap while he was here, he owes us nothing, he played hard when he was here.

I said at the start he was going to be gone because he wasn't worth what someone else would be willing to pay him. Now you see what I mean.

I wish him luck, I think he'll need it. There's a reason he's getting his first starting job at 30.

Really don't understand the anger about it. It was a much desired promotion and all of you would do the same thing. He was worth every penny we paid him when he was here. Very few people fit that description for us over the last 10 years.

I really liked him as a player, loved him on ST, cant stand his mouth running on the way out. That alone ruined him some for me.

There is a way to leave with class and he didnt use it.

Eh, I don't expect class when it comes to contract negotiations from players or organizations.

Not sure why anyone else does.

We should be happy we are out of the business of overpaying for people because they made a career somewhere else or because they're fan favorites. Given all the information it was a smart move for both sides.

Eh, I don't expect class when it comes to contract negotiations from players or organizations.

Not sure why anyone else does.

We should be happy we are out of the business of overpaying for people because they made a career somewhere else or because they're fan favorites. Given all the information it was a smart move for both sides.

Like I said, I really dont have an issue with him leaving, I'm a big proponent of individuals maximizing their opportunities. Its simply his crappy attitude on the way out that bothers me. Especially with him knowing the BS cap penalty limitations imposed upon the team, he could just as easily said that he dislikes the circumstances but understands and will move on. Instead he whined that he wasnt offered enough money as a form of personal insult directed at him rather than the reality that we simply couldnt afford to meet his desired pay.

Everybody understands the "its a business" mantra; its fine, players leave or get cut all the time. Its when a player takes pot shots on the way out that is the issue. Why? He knows the Redskins' cap situation, and he also knows where he stands in terms of playing time. He's a phenomenal special teams player, but only okay linebacker, and average DLine player. AZ is trying to get a starting defensive player on the cheap, which is fine - but we were never going to start him on D and thus could not commit $3M per year in salary cap space to him, especially with the cap penalty.

He knew this, and yet still decided to take shots at the FO. Don't let the door hit you on the way out, a-hole!

Two former Redskins, Brandon Banks and Chris Wilson, are drawing interest from the Steelers.

#SteelersFansWillLoveDanny

Everybody understands the "its a business" mantra; its fine, players leave or get cut all the time. Its when a player takes pot shots on the way out that is the issue. Why? He knows the Redskins' cap situation, and he also knows where he stands in terms of playing time. He's a phenomenal special teams player, but only okay linebacker, and average DLine player. AZ is trying to get a starting defensive player on the cheap, which is fine - but we were never going to start him on D and thus could not commit $3M per year in salary cap space to him, especially with the cap penalty.

He knew this, and yet still decided to take shots at the FO. Don't let the door hit you on the way out, a-hole!

I'm with you guys. This is exactly why I grew to dislike Brian Mitchell and Lavar Arrington et al so much. I get their POV but at some point ya gotta grow up and move on because like it or not it IS a business move. Griping a little is OK and natural but when you turn it into a distracting thing that goes on for days, weeks or years ya lose me. It's not only a turnoff but it's totally unprofessional and bush league fro a grown man to do.

With LA's situation that's nothing but a cheap shot. We don't have this cap penalty and he gets all the money he wants and deserves. I don't begrudge him leaving and if I were in his shoes would do it too. I guess maybe the bitterness comes from the fact that he really DID want to stay here and ride out this wave that he's been a part of creating, especially after he was here for so many crappy seasons. Unfortunately he NEEDS to take that deal, it's a lot of money for someone who's never going to see top contract money, and equally unfortunate is the fact that Lorenzo we just can't afford to give you a raise this year, it'd have to wait until next year when the NFL is no longer ****ing us over.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 5, Members: 0, Guests: 5)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.