• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Random Commanders Thoughts

It's not just trading Trent for the picks, it's the situation where this is a player that could choose to come in 2 weeks from now, be out of shape and all but useless to a 1-7 team only to see him hold out again next offseason.

The choice is not trading or playing Trent.

It's trading him now or trying to trade him at 32 next year.

Think we will get more for him next April when teams can draft a tackle in a good year for OL?

One trade I would consider is a one up swap with New England for Isiah Wynn.

A 23 year old OT taken #23 in 2018 who looked good in the offseason and first two games as a starter this year.

His reputation as a player is what it is. You may think he's overrated. He may BE overrated. That doesn't matter.

What matters is what other teams think of the guy. He is widely considered one of the best in the game.
I hope you're right Henry. I'd love to get a kings ransom for him. And Lord knows, there's plenty of dumbasses in NFL FO's across the league.
I'll be giddy with anything 3rd round, or better. Or, as I've suggested, Williams for a younger impact player.

Sounds to me like you're ready to convict, torture, hang, slice up and burn someone because of what you think you know.
Absolutely. Why should you guys have all the fun. :betterwink2:

Of course, we do know he hasn't walked through the door to talk to anyone man to man.
We do know that the NFL did an independent check of the team's medical staff and found zero issues.
We do have the team on record for how the whole "I gotta boo-boo" went down.
We do know he asked for more money, or, a trade.
We do know as a supposed team leader he's failed to man up, even to the press, about his version of what happened.

I honestly don't care what he did or didn't do at this point. He doesn't want to be here. He needs to go. He should have been gone months ago.
And I understand that point of view. Really. But as I've said, I can be a spiteful SOB when someone, with no good reason, torpedo's his team, and teammates, for money. Then lies about the reasons. Or, at the very least, is too friggin stupid to know it's on him about his non-issue boo-boo.

This dithering around ... it's what the team does. It actually has nothing to do with Williams. They did the same thing with Cousins. They waited until just the wrong time to fire Gruden. They are doing it again now. They are doing it with Norman. Probably Kerrigan too. It's like watch a bad QB throw another interception in the end zone. It doesn't make me happy, but I can't pretend I don't see it.
I'd call the Cousins ordeal a great miscalculation on their part. I too felt like we could work it out with a guy we made into a serviceable QB, while simultaneously making him a multi-millionaire. Set for life.

Definitely waited too long to fire The Loser. Shoulda happened 3 years ago. But Snyder was so worried about trying to change his reputation as being too quick to fire someone, that he waited. Definite mistake.

Norman was The Drunk's baby. Again, Dan trying too hard to show he wasn't tampering, gave him carte blanche. Trying to hang on to get their money's worth has proved wrong. I hope they do trade him. For anything. I didn't want him when we went after him. And I won't be sad to see him go. Not a bad guy. Just not worth half what we've paid him.

As for Kerrigan, I guess I just can't get the Joe Gibbs out of me. Beathard left when he lost the battle with Gibbs on keeping older, loyal players. Gibbs was proved right by helping keep together one of the best teams to ever win the Super Bowl. If that's a bad trait, so be it. But I think loyalty is good thing. More times than not.

It's not just trading Trent for the picks, it's the situation where this is a player that could choose to come in 2 weeks from now, be out of shape and all but useless to a 1-7 team only to see him hold out again next offseason.
He could choose to do the same thing in order to nix any trade he doesn't like.

The choice is not trading or playing Trent.

It's trading him now or trying to trade him at 32 next year.

Think we will get more for him next April when teams can draft a tackle in a good year for OL?
Unknown. Lots can happen between now and then.

One trade I would consider is a one up swap with New England for Isiah Wynn.

A 23 year old OT taken in 2018 who looked good in the offseason and first two games as a starter this year.
I could go for that.

Norman was The Drunk's baby. Again, Dan trying too hard to show he wasn't tampering, gave him carte blanche. Trying to hang on to get their money's worth has proved wrong. I hope they do trade him. For anything. I didn't want him when we went after him. And I won't be sad to see him go. Not a bad guy. Just not worth half what we've paid him.

As for Kerrigan, I guess I just can't get the Joe Gibbs out of me. Beathard left when he lost the battle with Gibbs on keeping older, loyal players. Gibbs was proved right by helping keep together one of the best teams to ever win the Super Bowl. If that's a bad trait, so be it. But I think loyalty is good thing. More times than not.

I don't disagree with either of these assessments, but that's not really my point. The point is, either get them out of here or don't. The last thing you should do is sit around until the 11th hour and everyone's given up trying to talk to you and then say 'oh wait, we ARE listening to offers for these guys.' That's the type of indecision that gets you squashed. Just like grape.

Are Norman and Kerrigan part of our long-term plans? If not, they should have been on the block for at least the past month. If so, what the hell is the team doing now?

This is not a one-time problem with this team. It happens ALL the time. It doesn't matter if I agree with every decision the team makes, so long as it MAKES one. Keep Cousins or trade him. Keep Gruden for a few more years or let him go. Work it out with Williams or trade him away, but for the love of God, DO something! THAT's what is killing this team. Not who's a good player, or who's overrated, or who's looking at the front office cross-eyed. I don't care about that anymore. I would just like this team to at least pretend it has a plan.

Well, they do have a plan. They just choose not to discuss it in any detail, with anyone.

I'd like to see decisions made, sooner rather than later, too. Pick a route, and run it.

I think Dan took such a beating, (well deserved) his first 10yrs, for being too impatient, that he now is WAAAAY overcompensating these last 10 years. I know everyone seems to think Allen keeps him locked in a room with no tv, phone, or internet, while feeding him "Everything is GREAT". But that's ridiculous.

There's a plan. It may well be a complete cluster. But they are sticking to it. Whatever it is. So, that's a start.
They just need some positive results before anyone will believe it.

Possibly the Browns that offered a2nd rounder for Trent, though the skins are waiting on a 1st rounder. I'm assuming it's the Browns 2nd rounder that is

Come on Ax, you have to see that any plan they may "have" is a terrible plan. They've lost maximum value for any of the players that have been mentioned, and you have to be able to see that, right?

While not necessarily the trade we wanted, the Texans originally were willing to offer Jadaveon Clowney. What they ended up paying for Tunsil was not exactly what we'd have gotten for Pothead Crybaby, but it is indicative of what we could have gotten, which would have equaled a first round draft pick, and another. The Dolphins got 2 first round picks, and a 2nd for Tunsil and Kenny Stills. Kenny Stills' value was likely a 3rd or 4th judging by past trades.

That was our maximum value trade offer pissed away by petty front office bullshit. And yes, Ax...we can be sure that at least a 1st round pick would have been offered had we actually entertained a trade, the Texans were desperate, and professional pundits, Charlie Casserly being one of them, were talking about it to start the season.

I mean I get supporting the team and all, I applaud your vigilance, but to deny the obvious...this team, more specifically Bruce Allen and/0r Dan Snyder have not handled this situation well with Pothead Crybaby.

And to not see that a total blow up of this team is necessary, to get value out of players like Kerrigan and Norman while there is still value to be had, is a complete blunder on their part.

I applaud your support for this team, I still can't see how you'll ignore some basics though...Bruce Allen is a turd.

Last edited:
That's entirely possible.

Another potential issue is, if the best deal for us, sends Pothead to a team he doesn't want to go to, all he has to do is fail the physical (quite easy I would imagine) and the deal is off. And the deadline passes. Don't put it past him either.

I remember someone on here saying that Griffin would do the same thing to screw the Redskins. He would fake an injury so they had to keep him and pay him. That never happened, and I wouldn't expect that to happen with Williams either.

But let's say for the sake of argument, Williams is as devious as you think he is. What value would it be to him to force a trade and then fail a physical to cancel the trade? He would end up in the same spot he's in now, not collecting a paycheck and accruing fines. If he really wanted to do that, his best move would have been to fake an injury while with the Redskins so that he could get paid while not playing.

Williams doesn't want to play for the Redskins. He wants to be traded and play elsewhere and was willing to sit out at least a year to do so. He doesn't have any devious plan to screw the organization, because if he did, he's sure not showing it. He just wants out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kareem Hunt was suspended for a domestic something or other though. They do have a couple productive bench TE's in Demetrius Harris & Ricky Seals-Jones I would want more.

Hell I'd take both of them for Trent straight up.

Heard this will be a shit year to draft TE's as well so makes sense imho

Last edited:
I would not trade a LT for a running back unless it is Barkley or Elliott.

Running backs have a shorter shelf life than almost any other position.

And I would rather not trade for a guy with a domestic violence/battery past is beyond doubt and on tape like Hunt.

Come on Ax, you have to see that any plan they may "have" is a terrible plan.
Well, my fine feathered friend, we don't know what the plan was, or is. All any of us have is an assessment of what we believe happened, or didn't, according to that plan.
They've lost maximum value for any of the players that have been mentioned, and you have to be able to see that, right?
While not necessarily the trade we wanted, the Texans originally were willing to offer Jadaveon Clowney.

What they ended up paying for Tunsil was not exactly what we'd have gotten for Pothead Crybaby, but it is indicative of what we could have gotten, which would have equaled a first round draft pick, and another. The Dolphins got 2 first round picks, and a 2nd for Tunsil and Kenny Stills. Kenny Stills' value was likely a 3rd or 4th judging by past trades.
Possibly. I know that opinion fits nicely into the predetermined narrative so many of you have willingly adapted. It's like the fish that got away. The loathing of Allen has, and will, make any deal struck, worse than it shoulda been. If definitive offers were ever really made, maybe we'll find out. Maybe we won't. What's for sure is, nothing will have been good enough for our internet GM's. They surely would have done better.

That was our maximum value trade offer pissed away by petty front office bullshit. And yes, Ax...we can be sure that at least a 1st round pick would have been offered had we actually entertained a trade, the Texans were desperate, and professional pundits, Charlie Casserly being one of them, were talking about it to start the season.
Haha! Charley Casserly. Rode the coattails of Beathard and Gibbs and was gifted with a SB ring. Twice fired. Nobody wants his GM prowess in their office. Scuse me if I don't fawn over his worthless opinion.

I mean I get supporting the team and all, I applaud your vigilance, but to deny the obvious...this team, more specifically Bruce Allen and/0r Dan Snyder have not handled this situation well with Pothead Crybaby.
Well, certainly if it all went down exactly as conjecture keeps screaming it did, then they could have handled it better. But it doesn't take too many things that damn well might have happened, in reality, to change the outcomes. Of course, blind hatred, combined with the need to be right, won't allow any deviation from the narrative by the angry mob.

And to not see that a total blow up of this team is necessary, to get value out of players like Kerrigan and Norman while there is still value to be had, is a complete blunder on their part.
Norman, I agree with. And while I understand the thought of Kerrigan, I don't think it's a necessity.

I applaud your support for this team, I still can't see how you'll ignore some basics though...Bruce Allen is a turd.
Nothing wrong with turds. So long as they win.
George Preston Marshall was a turd. But he won 2 championships
JKC was a turd. But he won 3.
Joe Theismann was a turd.
Dexter Manley was a turd.
Charley Casserly might not have been a complete turd, but there are lumps in that fart too.

Speaking of turds, there are 3 kinds.....

Mus-turd

Cus-turd

And YOU! Ya big poo-poo!

And I would rather not trade for a guy with a domestic violence/battery past is beyond doubt and on tape like Hunt.
The thought being, he's younger. He's already proved he can play at a high level in the NFL.

And, I've seen worse in real life than what was on that video. Not gonna bury the guy for being a drunk hothead responding to a drunk bitch.

Besides, El told me on draft night not to worry about Barkley. He'd be a bust.

and Belichick? 😆

You know it's not beyond reason for this team that is taking a beating in the media nationally for not entertaining trade offers for key veterans to just put a tag line out about being ready to deal for PR.

I still don't 100% believe Allen wants to trade any of these players as he seems to think doing so means admitting the organization has failed and he is in denial.

When I heard reference last week about the potential return of Alex Smith at 37 or 38 in 2020, it dawned on me that ole Brucie is still hankering for those days at 6-3 and hoping he can recapture them.

Imagine a Redskins team finishing 1-15 or 2-14 and trying to sell us on a return to respectability bringing Smith back at an age when most players retire and also holding onto veterans like Kerrigan and Norman.

Nothing is impossible with this group.

As the anonymous GM said - in re Washington you are not dealing with a regular franchise.

and Belichick? ������

You know it's not beyond reason for this team that is taking a beating in the media nationally for not entertaining trade offers for key veterans to just put a tag line out about being ready to deal for PR.

I still don't 100% believe Allen wants to trade any of these players as he seems to think doing so means admitting the organization has failed and he is in denial.

When I heard reference last week about the potential return of Alex Smith at 37 or 38 in 2020, it dawned on me that ole Brucie is still hankering for those days at 6-3 and hoping he can recapture them.

Yeah, forgot Belicheat. He's a colossal turd!

I don't think he's as reluctant to trade Norman. As that was not his call, alone.

As for Smith, since we have to pay him anyway, I hope he can return and play next season. As backup/tutor to Haskins. With a young draftee in training. either on the active roster, or the practice squad.

My gut says if Smith comes back they are going to give him a chance to start again regardless of Haskins status or another draftee, etc.

Bruce made the trade for Smith and is going to go down fighting trying to defend it and prove it could have worked out.

The problem with Bruce is in his universe 9-7 or 10-6 is considered the promised land and being successful.

For most teams earnestly trying to develop that's a stepping stone to be taken with a young nucleus on the way up, not an end in itself with no further plan.

I'd do it for Melvin Gordon.

Well, they do have a plan. They just choose not to discuss it in any detail, with anyone.

Upon what do you base that conclusion?

They clearly didn't have a plan with Cousins. They clearly didn't have a plan with Gruden.

At least I hope those weren't plans, because if they were they were the ***tiest plans in the history of planning.

This team has a pretty well-earned reputation for doing things on the fly, badly. I think it's pretty obvious we're seeing that from this team again with the way this team has suddenly switched gears and decided it wants to trade players it has previously said it would staunchly refuse to trade. At the last second.

The only way to believe that the Redskins are actually planning something and everything else is an illusion is if multiple teams and players have all been teaming up for months to come up with and repeat the same lie to make the Redskins look bad. Or something. Which, in my opinion is highly unlikely and utterly ridiculous.

Sometimes it really is a duck.

There's a plan. It may well be a complete cluster. But they are sticking to it. Whatever it is. So, that's a start.
They just need some positive results before anyone will believe it.

It's been 20 years. If there really is a plan 'may well be a complete cluster' is the understatement of the year.

More likely this team has no idea what it's doing. I would say there's about a 99.9% chance of that.

JP Finlay tweeted that a source at the park told him something will happen by 4.

My order of preference...

1. Norman gone. Don't really care what we get. But a 6th would be acceptable.
2. Pothead Crybaby gone. A 4th or higher and I'll be happy.

And, for the haters....

3. Allen gone. Traded to the Raiders for an autographed picture of Al Davis.

Well, my fine feathered friend, we don't know what the plan was, or is. All any of us have is an assessment of what we believe happened, or didn't, according to that plan.

Ax...first off, Elephants don't have feathers!

As for the plan, just look at the current state of affairs in Redskins' land. The "plan" ain't working!

Possibly. I know that opinion fits nicely into the predetermined narrative so many of you have willingly adapted. It's like the fish that got away. The loathing of Allen has, and will, make any deal struck, worse than it shoulda been. If definitive offers were ever really made, maybe we'll find out. Maybe we won't. What's for sure is, nothing will have been good enough for our internet GM's. They surely would have done better.

If anyone is wearing filtered glasses around here, it's you my friend...B&G colored. You could not gotten a situation by our front office any more wrong if you'd tried. Just admit they ****ed up so we can all go along our happy way. You call it "opinion"...verifiable reports are out there that the Texans were willing to trade for Trent Williams...that's not some fallacy. After seeing what they paid for Tunsil, it's not hard to see we could have gotten maximum value from them, then.

Haha! Charley Casserly. Rode the coattails of Beathard and Gibbs and was gifted with a SB ring. Twice fired. Nobody wants his GM prowess in their office. Scuse me if I don't fawn over his worthless opinion.

Casserly wasn't a great, but he did pull off a number of moves that helped us win SB 27. Oh and it wasn't just Casserly.

Well, certainly if it all went down exactly as conjecture keeps screaming it did, then they could have handled it better. But it doesn't take too many things that damn well might have happened, in reality, to change the outcomes. Of course, blind hatred, combined with the need to be right, won't allow any deviation from the narrative by the angry mob.

I'm just gonna end it right here with you because this argument is futile...you're more stubborn than I am. You call it blind hatred. Well...what do you call you inability to see something that the overwhelming majority of people around here, and more and more people around the NFL are saying? The Redskins are a cluster **** of an organization! There really is no denying it. Blind homerism to the degree you've displayed it is about on par with what you accuse many of us as blind hatred for Bruce Allen.

It's not blind hatred...Bruce Allen's blunders are plain to see, the winning percentage of .398 is enough for me!

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.