• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Random Commanders Thoughts

We might get a 4th, probably a 5th for him.

That's about right. Baltimore gave up a LB and a 5th for Peters. Their profiles are about the same. They are both former top CBs that aren't what they used to be. I don't know anything about the LB the Ravens threw in, but I'm guessing it was a backup and really just a throw away. So the 4th/5th range is probably what he fetches.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I know people get tired of the 'if the Patriots were in this situation...' analogies. But the truth is, only the Redskins wait until a player is clearly in decline, put him out there to make sure everyone knows he's not in our future plans, and then expect to be able to get something for him. The Patriots probably never give the kind of contract we did, and he'd have been gone a season or two ago when it became clear he anything close to a shutdown corner.

Hell, I'd take a nicely worded compliment.

The poll results on Hogs Haven made me realize some people are truly delusional. One of the choices about trading him said no, he's still one of our best players....and 2% chose that option. Wtf are these people watching where the think it's even justifiable to dress him anymore, let alone have the audacity to say he's one of our best players?

A 30 pt blowout here is probably the best for the future. Cousins with 4 TDs. Something along those lines.

I can't speak for the SF game since I missed it, but it feels like the offense is playing better with O'Connell calling the plays and the emphasis on the run. The offense stalled with Haskins in the game as it felt like they were being more careful with the plays (and he's a rookie). You can tell Haskins does have some more work to do, so I wonder, if Keenum can play would you rather have him play and see how O'Connell does with a more mature QB (closer evaluation of the coach) or are we more interested in seeing what Haskins can do?

I can't speak for the SF game since I missed it, but it feels like the offense is playing better with O'Connell calling the plays and the emphasis on the run. The offense stalled with Haskins in the game as it felt like they were being more careful with the plays (and he's a rookie). You can tell Haskins does have some more work to do, so I wonder, if Keenum can play would you rather have him play and see how O'Connell does with a more mature QB (closer evaluation of the coach) or are we more interested in seeing what Haskins can do?

The offense moves better with Keenum, until they get to the redzone. He just can't make good decisions or good throws when they get down there.

There is no value to playing Keenum right now. You aren't winning anything, not that Keenum can win you anything. But it should all be out developing Haskins. Let him play, and see what they have. A guaranteed top 3 pick is important so they need to figure this out.

I was hoping that Callahan could get the team turned around and ball the truck out, but it would seem we need to start anew yet again. We are playing better under BC but we are not built to play a smashmouth/playaction style that suits him. A shoddy o-line, lack of true TE, and depending on a rb who's giving his all but is 34 years old with nobody behind him.

At this point it would seem that starting anew would be best. I think hiring Mike Borgonzi away from the chiefs would be that best. They've been damn good at drafting and building a competitive roster without many splashy FA signings. A successful organization that has an absolute rabid fanbase, & Borgonzi has been a key part of it.

The great part of hiring away a chiefs executive is he can bring along a coach very successful at his current position. Eric Bienemy should be our next HC and elevate our offense from the gutter to decent. The ONLY way I could see a respectable GM and HC coming here would be for Dan to write a promise contract not to interfere.....AT ALL. That'll have to be a prerequisite for any respectable tandem to join our beloved team. Dan needs to bite the pillow and fire Bruce as soon as the season ends.

We just got beat by the Vikings and now Dan has to act like one and pillage the chiefs while murdering our current staff, in a sense.

Last edited:
I still don't think there's any need to rush the kid.

Also, whatever he could show us this season isn't really enough to gauge what we have in him. So, I think we should approach the offseason like he is "the one", and strengthen everything around him. That way, if he not the one, we'll have more weapons in place for the next attempt.

‘Rush' is a loaded word. I think Haskins may well know and understand the offense better than is being reflected. What I saw in the 2 instances he was thrust into action was that he looked very uncomfortable. I suspect that his internal stress level is through the roof.

I don't know if you all have heard the term ‘rat brain' or experienced it, but it a physiological brain response to intense stress. When folks go into ‘rat brain' it literally limits your ability to accurately assess your surroundings, react, and make good decisions. While a little Adrenalin/stress response can actually help performance, a hyped up response to perceived stress isn't helpful. I would compare it to performance anxiety where you may be the greatest actor, musician, or public speaker ever, but under that stress you become completely unable to perform.

I really think that's what's going on with him.

The way you address that is not to remove him from that environment - it's to immerse him in it and let him gain experience so he can become accustomed to being in there and begin to relax and carry out the job. People talk about ‘the game slowing down' for young QBs but really I think sometimes it's more about getting a handle on that internal anxiety level.

One of the reasons (beyond how chaotic he has looked playing) that I think this is what's going on is his demeanor in the post-game presser. He looked depressed and angry. He's in fact embarrassed and upset with himself because he knows he is much better than he's showing, but he can't really describe to media types what's going on. When a reporter asked him about the INT, Haskins almost shouted ‘it happened so fast!'. He also says frequently ‘I want to be great', which to me signals he may have a fear of failing and that is also a source of big time stress. He's setting the bar far too high for himself as a rookie QB. Someone on that team needs to help him recalibrate his expectations which will also help calm him down some.

Having been in combat and also in my current field, you see ‘rat brain' a lot. It doesn't make him weak, or mean he's not ‘poised' or doesn't have they temperament'. He just has to get used to the environment and pressure and learn to calm himself so his natural instincts take over and his brain can start processing and making good decisions.

The best way to help him is get him in there and keep him in there. Holding him out or putting him in intermittently is the worst thing they can do.

Some of you may think this is psycho-babble but ones mentality and internal voice plays a huge role in performance. Stress is the enemy of high performance. I actually have a lot of personal experience with this concept.

Last edited:
About the only thing intelligent Aikmen said last night was him talking about his own rookie season. Look at a lot of successful QB's first season or two, they weren't all that special. He brought up Payton, and himself, and Eli also comes to mind. It will come, just give it some time. All 3 were thrown right into the mix, and in the end we all know how it played out.

Listening to Aikmen call a game with his bias really grinds my gears. Every non call is ‘it's just incidental contact, no biggie' but if it's against us it's like ‘the redskins deserve to go to jail for that offsides'. I'd rather hear Fran Drescher recite War & Peace than listen to his dumbass in the booth.

They really shouldn't allow former players to announce against former rivals. He's a dick and as a fan I shouldn't have to listen to him while watching my team.

Every day now I check the internet's redskin news hoping to hear we traded Trent for a 1st rounder to be done with it. Is this a worthless endeavor?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Help Users
We are all excited to experience the announcement of draft selections IN REAL TIME TOGETHER. If you feel the need to be the first to 'blurt out' the team's picks you are better off staying out of chat and sticking to Twitter. Please refrain from announcing/discussing our picks until the official announcement has been made at the podium. Thanks!

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.