• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Random Commanders Thoughts

That's why I always root for winning. I don't care who the owner/president/gm/coach is.

I fear many want us to lose, thinking Allen will get fired. Problem is, as of right now, that seems as unlikely as winning a Super Bowl this year.
So, of the 2 unlikely scenarios, rooting for wins is the best route to take, for me.
Being in the minority, on a Redskins message board of all places, seems a bit odd. But, to each his own.

Worse human beings have won, or otherwise succeeded, throughout sports history. So, as I do for coaches I don't like, players I don't like, or systems I don't like, as long as they are part of the team, I'm hoping they prove me, and everybody else wrong, and win.

Oh, I always root for wins too. That's the whole point of playing, after all.

That said, I don't lose ANY sleep these days if we lose. I haven't in years. I don't expect anything anymore. Not even last year during our miraculous 6-3 run. I was happy for the wins, but not surprised when the wheels fell off. It's what our wheels do.

But sure, I always want wins. For what it's worth.

Last edited:
Kindergarten Ninja was fired and people thought Dan would bring in an actual football mind. He brought in Bruce. What makes anyone think the new hire would be any better-suited?

The stadium deal has to be next to dead. No other local politicos will help Snyder or even want to. DC... dead. MD... dead. NoVa... dead, dead, dead. He had the ultimate crony capitalist in Terry McAuliffe as a sort-of friend and lost out. No one likes Dan, no one... except maybe Dan's family and Bruce. There is no one willing to help him. This team is done basically forever unless he sells. Maybe Uncle Teddy should throw some feelers out there, but Dan is like a little kid who just got the most amazing gaming console of all-time that perpetually updates hardware and software and a lifetime Fortnite battle pass. He's not gonna' sell. The team is done.

See, I think you're correct, Nick. They say a narcissist can never change, so it looks like we're stuck with Dan "I am richer than you therefore better than you" Snyder.

I have to think he can change or it's over forever me, and that is the hardest thing I've ever faced when it comes to my loyalty to a sports' franchise. It was easier with baseball, the O's are in the same boat with Angelos and Co, but the Redskins have been a passion like no other team. I've enjoyed the Caps, and the Nats' success, but it's not the same as watching John Riggings run for 41 yards on 4th and 2, Doug Williams throw for 4 TD's in the 2nd Q, and Mark Rypien run off the field like a goof.

So, I am left with only a twinge of hope. It's why I still come around here and take shit from some on this board...I have learned in life there is always hope...only death can eliminate it.

But every year it gets harder and harder to maintain, that last little bit of hope.

At this point, it is the hope that Dan Snyder can see the light. I think only a 1-15 season can really open his eyes like never before. Along with a terrible season, Snyder needs someone to be honest with him, tell him the truth about the status of this once respected franchise. And I think Joe Gibbs is the only one who can do that.

Again, I'm not talking about a permanent position, unless it's in ownership with a clear voice in decision making...which I doubt Joe would want. But merely as a consultant over the next 6 months as a new GM is hired with the autonomy to hire a coach, and assistants, and acquire players according to the plans with that coach.

It's a proven formula...Baltimore, New England, Philadelphia, New Orleans, Seattle have all done so...hell, even Snyder's favorite team did it with tremendous success over a 10 year period!

I have to hope that can occur, otherwise I cannot watch them. Bruce Allen and Jay Gruden should have bee fired last off-season. The injuries provided them the benefit of the doubt. Gruden is gone, but Bruce and Dan will just bring in another yes man if Bruce remains. That will push the development of a solid foundation from which to build championships.

It sucks! And while I don't wish for us to be 1-15, I know it may be the very best possible result for the long term future of this team. Snyder's gotta reach his rock bottom.

After 20 years the one thing we have learned is we can't trust the front office and coaches to adequately evaluate and develop talent.

Like the Bengals, Dolphins,Cardinals, Lions,etc. we can come away with some premium performers from time to time but we consistently whiff on picks at a higher clip than teams like NE, GB, PITT, etc.

For every Jonathan Allen there are the Josh Doctson, Su'a Cravens, Matt Jones, ,etc.

We need a OT when Trent holds out and Morgan Moses seems to be declining and former high pick Geron Christian isn't ready to see the field at 25. And that's after he spent most of his rookie year on the inactive list.

We took Ryan Anderson in Round 2 to be a pass rushing OLB and he too was made inactive for most of his rookie season. In subsequent play it seems clear Anderson is an NFL player but miscast on the outside in the 3-4.

At running back it's been a shit show. We demote and then release Alfred Morris to then play Matt Jones, Rob Kelley, Samaje Perine none of whom could stick as contributing players in the league.

After drafting Derrius Guice in 2018 and see him go down with an ACL and miss the season we then draft Bryce Love, another player that is injured and about to undergo subsequent operation on his leg which may set him back again in recovery.

For a team with a record amount of injuries it's a little incredible that we take a PUP candidate with a #4 pick.

There are so many holes on this team and we act like we are New England who can afford to take flyers on players that high in the draft.

At least we could select players that are healthy at the time we draft them!

And when we do get picks that have shown some productivity or upside like Trent Murphy or Preston Smith we let them go in FA because they are too expensive while we continue to pay Josh Norman $14M a year.

What a sorry shit show.

Haskins? Given what this team has done in the past 20 years there seems to be an equal chance he is either a bust OR is a guy with talent who will end up showcasing himself somewhere else.

PS - Bruce's great trade in 2014 to give up our #2 pick and give it to Dallas for picks to take Spencer Long and Trent Murphy worked out for Dallas as they moved up to take DeMarcus Lawrence one of the best pass rushers in the league.

Our picks? Neither is here. Murphy is part of a defense in Buffalo that is top 5.

No, we couldn't use that type of player here ðŸ'¿

Last edited:
Even Preston Smith is succeeding in Green Bay!

Yeah, after more than one person around here said he was a bust and needed to be shipped out.

Coaching baby.

I think the worst anyone ever said was he was inconsistent. Coaching cures all.

Falcons at 1-6 are starting the sell off with Sanu.

If the Redskins were smart we would be looking to trade 29-31 year old players that won't be here when this team becomes competitive.

But Bruce thinks we are an Alex Smith return away from being a contender so we will do nothing.

That's like asking who I want to spend the night with - Scarlett Johansson or Kate Upton. It's a silly choice because I don't believe either is possible - particularly option #1 .

Kate Upton

Kindergarten Ninja was fired and people thought Dan would bring in an actual football mind. He brought in Bruce. What makes anyone think the new hire would be any better-suited?

The stadium deal has to be next to dead. No other local politicos will help Snyder or even want to. DC... dead. MD... dead. NoVa... dead, dead, dead. He had the ultimate crony capitalist in Terry McAuliffe as a sort-of friend and lost out. No one likes Dan, no one... except maybe Dan's family and Bruce. There is no one willing to help him. This team is done basically forever unless he sells. Maybe Uncle Teddy should throw some feelers out there, but Dan is like a little kid who just got the most amazing gaming console of all-time that perpetually updates hardware and software and a lifetime Fortnite battle pass. He's not gonna' sell. The team is done.

On the redskin front office page there's a few guys named. Robert Rothman, Dwight Schar and Frederick Smith are all listed as 'ownership group'...so how can we the peasants encourage this group to execute order 66?

https://www.redskins.com/team/front-office-roster/

Check the "My Safe Space", or the "Buttercups Are Free" sections at the local library. :swordfight:

Falcons at 1-6 are starting the sell off with Sanu.

If the Redskins were smart we would be looking to trade 29-31 year old players that won't be here when this team becomes competitive.

But Bruce thinks we are an Alex Smith return away from being a contender so we will do nothing.

Exactly right, or Williams would have been gone by now. We're doomed

Exactly right, or Williams would have been gone by now. We're doomed

Not even at the midway point of this season and already destroying next year. It's funny at this point.

Eh, I'll wait for a final result with the Pothead Crybaby, before grading.

But I already know anything short of 17 1st rd picks will be criticized.

Eh, I'll wait for a final result with the Pothead Crybaby, before grading.

But I already know anything short of 17 1st rd picks will be criticized.

For some reason, people seem to think a constantly-injured player on the wrong side of 30 with no guaranteed contract next year who is one puff away from a season-long suspension is worth a veritable pirate booty of picks.

For some reason, people seem to think a constantly-injured player on the wrong side of 30 with no guaranteed contract next year who is one puff away from a season-long suspension is worth a veritable pirate booty of picks.

Well I don't know any details, but the Browns have been fairly public about how badly they want to trade for Williams. And they claim that despite repeated attempts to figure something out, our front office won't even discuss it, and has no plans to even think about a trade until the offseason.

Maybe that's all BS. Given our the history of this front office I tend to think it's on the up-and-up.

What are the odds Bruce has been playing the game all along and driving up the price on Trent so we get the max value?

Yeah, and supposedly the Cheatriots offered a 1st. Which everyone, including them, denies.

But it's easy for blind hatred to make people automatically believe the worst, first.

Might all be true. None it might be true. I sure as hell don't know.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.