• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Random Commanders Thoughts

I see an opportunity here.

New England is all in on winning this year.

Marshall Newhouse is not a dependable 16 game LT.

In addition to their #1 pick in 2020 the Patriots have an OT they took #23 in 2018, Isiah Wynn who is on IR for the second consecutive year.

He did look good in his preseason work and in the opening games in 2019.

I would look to trade Williams for a combo of that pick and Wynn.

Wynn could be a starting tackle here given time to develop and we can use the other pick to take another OL or CB or impact LB.

Bruce isn't trading Trent.

He's also destroying our relationship with Scherff.

On another note, it's wild how many different people are now leaking negative stories about Haskins. Not even close to ready........terrible attitude, etc. Hoping those judgements aren't true.

Then again, what really are the odds of Dan actually picking a good player? 1 in 500?

The team has said they have no plans to trade him - period.
They also said the culture was "damn good".
Could they be saying that to drive offers up? I guess so, although I'm not sure we're that clever.
Maybe. Maybe not. We'll know in 3 weeks. If they are trying to drive up the price, 3 more weeks isn't long to wait.
More likely Allen is trying to prove a point regarding who is in charge.
In general, that's not a bad thing. Allen may indeed be the anti-Christ. Making it undesirable. But everyone needs to know who's in charge, soldier.:instigate:

Why would a team trade for him and then trade him away (and why would we care if they did)?
You'll have to allow me my paranoia. As I've said, being a spiteful SOB once I've been crossed, I would take less to ship him off to a team I believed would not make the playoffs. Wouldn't want that team to then take that better offer I turned down. Yeah, I know, I'm weird like that.

What we are doing is called ‘cutting our nose off to spite our face). His trade value goes down every additional day he is not playing somewhere imho.
Again, if it were me, and he screwed me and my team the way he has, I'd do everything I could legally do to screw up any part of his career that I could.
And, it's certainly possible that the optimum deal would have been made weeks ago. But at this point, waiting 3 more weeks to see if the price goes up, changing the plan to trade him or not, isn't a big deal, IMHO.

Trent should have been traded weeks ago. At this point I don't think the Redskins are playing chess while everyone else is playing checkers. I think it's likely the other way around.

Most likely, however, the Redskins are simply being vindictive pricks, which may make Ax feel good but is also probably one of the reasons this team has sucked for years, and will likely continue to do so into the near and far future.

Trent should have been traded weeks ago. At this point I don't think the Redskins are playing chess while everyone else is playing checkers. I think it's likely the other way around.

Most likely, however, the Redskins are simply being vindictive pricks, which may make Ax feel good but is also probably one of the reasons this team has sucked for years, and will likely continue to do so into the near and far future.

You can't run a successful business if you are ruled by emotion.

You guys are right about the negative chatter on Haskins.

Gruden must be feeding the trolls 😈

Mike Lombardi reported that ‘insiders' have told him that Haskins is entitled and came into camp in the belief the starting job was already his.

These ‘sources' then went on to say that Dwayne is invited to Snyder's house for events like RGIII was and that everyone else from coaches to players are on the outside looking in.

Shawn Springs is looking out for Haskins and a close advisor to the family and HE came out on 980 and said Dwayne wasn't ready to start yet.

So, I think most of this recent chatter is indeed from Gruden as payback.

I don't doubt Haskins was invited to Snyder's house to meet him after the draft but I see that as standard etiquette for a high pick at qb on most teams.

Throw in this for good measure:

Wow.

I see two other teams he has been associated with. Obviously you can't blame him for what happened on those franchises after he left. But clearly he didn't set them up for success down the road either. He just left a trail of waste on his way out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wondered if Callahan's comment about Haskins possibly being inactive was a message to Haskins. Seemed like an odd thing to say.

Everybody that wants to let the spoiled child have his way, and call the shots, is free to do so.

If they're not gonna trade him, then we're all wasting breath talking about it.
If they are, having already waited this long, 3 more weeks, or in the offseason, is no big deal. I wish there was a way we could shut him down without having to pay him.
I know one thing, I'd have him drug tested nine ways to Sunday if he does come back to get his season credited.

What would really be cool is if the dumbass tries to make people think it wasn't about the money, and decides to not return by week 10, forfeiting all of this years money. Which I believe we would be credited back on next years cap. Then I'd dangle his ass in the wind some more, still make him pay all the fines he's built up, before trading it to Miami.

Do you want guys on the roster that don't want to be here?

Gibbs told players if they wanted out to come to see him.

Belichick regularly trades away players that want more money or complain about the program.

But the team doesn't allow these things to fester.

Football is a team game, outside of a few franchise qbs and rushers around the league no one is irreplaceable.

Everybody that wants to let the spoiled child have his way, and call the shots, is free to do so.

If they are, having already waited this long, 3 more weeks, or in the offseason, is no big deal. I wish there was a way we could shut him down without having to pay him.
I know one thing, I'd have him drug tested nine ways to Sunday if he does come back to get his season credited.

What would really be cool is if the dumbass tries to make people think it wasn't about the money, and decides to not return by week 10, forfeiting all of this years money. Which I believe we would be credited back on next years cap. Then I'd dangle his ass in the wind some more, still make him pay all the fines he's built up, before trading it to Miami.

I don't care about whether or not Williams has his way. I do care about what the team does about him. And if history is any indication the Redskins don't have a plan. They are sitting on the fence like they did with Cousins and they'll end up getting nothing for a guy that doesn't want to be here. Again.

That's just plain stupid, and one of the big reasons this team sucks and will, most likely, continue to suck.

Whether I say it out loud or not.

Here is the thing, Trent is an asset owned by the team. Like a building, a barbell, or a golfcart. He is an offensive lineman. An asset.

Assets do not make decisions for the business. They are things the business makes decisions for and when an asset is no longer useful to your business objectives, you move on from that asset in a way that maximizes it's remaining value to the greater business.

I don't care if the asset is a human and has been a child about getting their way either. I care about the value to the business. Right now, Trent is an asset that the Skins are getting no value out of. He is not helping this organization in any way, shape, or form. In fact, he is hurting this organization.

Time to maximize his value and move on.

Belichick would have traded Williams before the season started, banked the draft picks and moved on.

This team is painfully SLOW in making decisions.

We waffled on Kirk Cousins for 2 years.

We started Josh Doctson for another 2 years when he clearly didn't earn the job - contrary to Jay's admonition that you can't start Haskins before he earns it 😆

We had a hole at LG for 3 years with Shawn Lauvao consistently rated by PFF as one of the worst starters in the NFL.

Josh Norman continues to start with a $14M cap hit and we never get around to drafting a CB high to replace him despite the fact he has a target on his back.

All of this strikes me as the signs of an organization that is somewhat paralyzed to act.

The truth is collective decision making doesn't work in sports.

Because actions in the draft and free agency often require fast movement and flexibility you need one person with full respect and confidence making the final call.

That's not Bruce.

#true lol

redskinsbrutal.jpg

Belichick would have traded Williams before the season started, banked the draft picks and moved on.

This team is painfully SLOW in making decisions.

We waffled on Kirk Cousins for 2 years.

We started Josh Doctson for another 2 years when he clearly didn't earn the job - contrary to Jay's admonition that you can't start Haskins before he earns it 😆

We had a hole at LG for 3 years with Shawn Lauvao consistently rated by PFF as one of the worst starters in the NFL.

Josh Norman continues to start with a $14M cap hit and we never get around to drafting a CB high to replace him despite the fact he has a target on his back.

All of this strikes me as the signs of an organization that is somewhat paralyzed to act.

The truth is collective decision making doesn't work in sports.

Because actions in the draft and free agency often require fast movement and flexibility you need one person with full respect and confidence making the final call.

That's not Bruce.

I agree. Doctson was a little different scenario - given that he had major injuries right out of the gate and I believe the team wasn't convinced they'd seen what his healthy ceiling could be. Of course, you could rightfully argue that not being 100% healthy for your first 2-3 NFL seasons is just a valid reason to move on and I wouldn't necessarily argue. I do think there was some justification in showing patience with him. Ultimately though, he's another example of something I just pointed out in another thread - he was a guy that based on measureables, looked like a draft steal. But the guy just. couldn't. play. We seem to love those kind of guys.

As far as being slow to make decisions, allowing the Trent Williams thing to go on and on and on and continue to fester, keeping a half-effective Colt McCoy on the roster, refusing to even IR Jordan Reed after he's had his gazillionth concussion and misses most of the current season, failing to apply any pressure to an underperforming Morgan Moses, and allowing Brandon Scherff to reach free agency (which appears increasingly likely) are all more examples of what you're talking about.

There's no way whatsoever the skins are as bad as 0-5 states. One way I'm looking at it is this roster has held up against some of the better teams.
We were up 20-7 at halftime against philthy
14-7 playing close against the turds
12-7 which is close again vs the pats
During the bears game our first 5 possessions were an interception for a td, punt, missed FG, fumble, interception
Realizing I'm in the minority here but still optimistic to see what Callahan can do calling more than 15 runs a game. Paloff hope at this point is just crazy talk, but we just shed our biggest crutch in Jay, so 8-8 is NOT out of the realm of possibility.

I suspect Manusky has been put on notice by BC as well, one more 2nd half meltdown and it's Tomsula's defense moving on. Can hardly wait to see that as well because that only leaves Bruce to fire for the trifecta

On another note, it's wild how many different people are now leaking negative stories about Haskins. Not even close to ready........terrible attitude, etc. Hoping those judgements aren't true.

Then again, what really are the odds of Dan actually picking a good player? 1 in 500?

I wouldn't be entirely surprised if Goober Gruden was the source of those stories.

Going back to last season it's been 7 damn games since the skins have won. Shitty opponent or not the team needed to see what a win looks like.

Time will tell if they buy into Callahan's style but it's baby steps regardless. Brucifer and Manhusky need to hit the bricks all the same

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 5, Members: 0, Guests: 5)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.