• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Random Commanders Thoughts

The league has to be dismayed at the state of affairs. The situation with this once proud franchise is not good for the NFL. I don't know if there's anything in the NFL bylaws that allows for ousting an owner for running a piss poor franchise. We can only hope. :)

Callahan had officials at the practice looking at alignments and hand placement at the LOS.

Boy, Callahan can actually speak in complete sentences and be understandable. He spoke intelligently about reducing penalties,working harder together, etc.

He also said he focused on developing a core set of plays that would help the team develop an identity on both sides of the ball.

Gruden on the other hand spoke like a Truck Stop 76 attendant and never seemed to address the execution errors and penalties except to say ‘we need to get better'.

But he never made any changes to ensure that review and correction took place.

A curiousity question: wasn't Callahan the o-line coach? Gruden kept him from teaching how to block without holding?

It's clear Gruden was horrible as a leader and HC. You listen to the changes Callahan is making and you wonder how that wasn't already SOP. It's mind boggling. At the least, I expect a more disciplined team with fewer penalties. I just hope the offensive style that has success in today's NFL isn't lost on Callahan.

Hey, if players know there are no accountabilities then that undercuts the assistant coaches.

Gruden was never going to sanction players and hold them out or fine them.

They knew that and took advantage of it.

A curiousity question: wasn't Callahan the o-line coach? Gruden kept him from teaching how to block without holding?

I think this is a good question. I've wondered the same thing. How much will really change with some of the mistakes these guys are making and why couldn't the position coaches do better. Especially a guy like Callahan who has guys that use very poor technique that leads to multiple holding calls. But if you read the transcript of Callahan's remarks, it sounded like he was talking about teaching technique and working on fundamentals. It sounds like they didn't do much of that before. So that could be something that brings about a change. I'm cautiously optimistic that it will. But I'm certainly not expecting no holding calls or false starts or any other penalties. It's hard to imagine things changing in just a few days. But where I'm cautiously optimistic is that over the course of the season, they will start to improve on those things.

Hey, if players know there are no accountabilities then that undercuts the assistant coaches.

Gruden was never going to sanction players and hold them out or fine them.

They knew that and took advantage of it.

Let me get this right: you are saying because the players knew there would be no accountability they willfully ignored the technique they were being taught? That says more abiut the players than Gruden! It says they, as professionals, are phonies. Get rid of them now. We want players whose goal is to perfect their craft.

It's clear Gruden was horrible as a leader and HC. You listen to the changes Callahan is making and you wonder how that wasn't already SOP. It's mind boggling. At the least, I expect a more disciplined team with fewer penalties. I just hope the offensive style that has success in today's NFL isn't lost on Callahan.

I'm not dazzled by Callahan or the cosmetic changes he's putting into effect. Big ****ing deal. No music. Run sprints at the end of practice. These guys can't play the offense and defense that's been installed. That's kind of a big deal, and isn't going to be fixed by soaring music or coach Rudy. If Callahan were an above average HC, he'd already be a HC - just my opinion.

It's not Callahan's fault we are where we are - unless you want to talk about our shitty OL. He's going to do the best he can under terrible circumstances and should be thanked for being willing to jump in there.

But he's not the next Lombardi if you ask me.

Gruden by Brian Mitchell's account ran a loose program and there were times when players were to be fined or face other discipline and the fines were never collected and the sanctions were not in the end imposed.

As I indicated before Mitchell as well as other Richmond observers noted that Gruden did not want to extend practice to repeat plays where there was poor execution, fumble, INT, etc.

He kept to the time to get through the full list of plays.

In one case there was a morning practice where the execution was particularly poor and Gruden cancelled the afternoon session to give the guys a break.

Seems as if Gruden didn't sweat the details and left that to others.

But in the end the learning did not happen and ultimately Gruden is responsible for setting that atmosphere.

That's one thing he can't blame on Snyder.

Nobody told him not to work the hours to sweat the details.

That was something Mr. Doobie learned on his own.

Someone mentioned this guy the other day how Bruce has bewitched Dan. Quite fitting imagining Bruce on the left and Dan on the right.

Grima_and_King_Theoden_-_Two_Towers.jpg

The Redskins have reaffirmed they are not trading Trent Williams.

So, Williams is going to show up 5 weeks from now out of game shape to get credit for the season by being in uniform for the final 6 games.

Then comes the question, does the team simply put him on the field?

And if they do evidently there is no bar to Williams pulling the same thing in 2020 before being a free agent in 2021.

When is this lunacy going to end?

I'm not dazzled by Callahan or the cosmetic changes he's putting into effect. Big ****ing deal. No music. Run sprints at the end of practice. These guys can't play the offense and defense that's been installed. That's kind of a big deal, and isn't going to be fixed by soaring music or coach Rudy. If Callahan were an above average HC, he'd already be a HC - just my opinion.

It's not Callahan's fault we are where we are - unless you want to talk about our shitty OL. He's going to do the best he can under terrible circumstances and should be thanked for being willing to jump in there.

But he's not the next Lombardi if you ask me.

I agree. Nothing spectacular about what he's doing, but it certainly highlights how poorly things were run. I do expect it to have a positive impact, but I don't expect any miracles. Since I can't turn away from paying attention, I'll take any positives I can get. Sucks to have to have such low expectations, but it is what it is.

So, Williams is going to show up 5 weeks from now out of game shape to get credit for the season by being in uniform for the final 6 games.

And if they do evidently there is no bar to Williams pulling the same thing in 2020 before being a free agent in 2021.

Watching the game tonight, Tom Brady was sacked for a fumble TD by the Giants. It was a TE trying to block the end, but clearly I'd thing if they had a good left tackle they would let him go 1 on 1. I can't believe the Redskins aren't on the phone with the Patriots right now. The 30th pick in the draft is still better than a guy who won't show up and play.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's not as bad if you sing it like

eight six seven five three nine nineaahh!

Oh, and don't think for a second that a substantial percentage of the media's piling on the current situation isn't directly due to the name change issue that they got their asses kicked on.
The politically correct gang hasn't gone anywhere.

Its been awhile but one official awhile back admitted he didn't like the name and would call as many penalties as he could if he were to work a redskins game. I wonder how many have not admitted it publically

The way they are refusing to deal with this really is mystifying. Other than demonstrating to other players that the team has ‘leverage' if you pull this kind of stunt - what possible benefit is there to this approach???

I would not put that POS on my 53 man roster again after doing this.

Allen is an idiot.

Eh, I don't see any real problem at this point.

If their intention is to trade him before the deadline, there's nothing wrong with waiting 3 more weeks. I think the chance that there could be more teams interested by then, is better, than not. Also, as I've stated in the past, I'd hate to trade him to the Bradiots. So, if they are looking to deal him this season, I'd wait until the very last second I could. So the team we trade him to wouldn't have time to deal him away before the deadline.

If there intention is to make him sit the entire year, as a return favor for intentionally torpedoing the team, and his teammates...….I say.....GOOD!
Then in the offseason trade the POS to whoever wants to give the most.

The team has said they have no plans to trade him - period. Could they be saying that to drive offers up? I guess so, although I'm not sure we're that clever. More likely Allen is trying to prove a point regarding who is in charge.

Why would a team trade for him and then trade him away (and why would we care if they did)?

What we are doing is called ‘cutting our nose off to spite our face). His trade value goes down every additional day he is not playing somewhere imho.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 4, Members: 0, Guests: 4)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.