• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Random Commanders Thoughts

The sad thing is, we have 22 more games to endure, before Snyder can fire the entire coaching staff, without ridicule, unjustified criticism, or being accused of not letting Shanny have a legit chance.

Ugh!

Unfortunately, the pendulm may start to swing back to the good ol days of "danny new owner trying to buy a team", ala 2000. If I were danny and took as much **** as he did over the years, I'd give shanny another year. If shanny tanks, he's gone, and no one will blame the danny. If shanny turns it around, the danny looks like a genius and doesn't get stuck with the meddling owner moniker. And what does the danny care? He's making bucks whether they win or lose. This post brought to you by Kentucky Fried Chicken from the Autozone Red Zone

Unfortunately, the pendulm may start to swing back to the good ol days of "danny new owner trying to buy a team", ala 2000. If I were danny and took as much **** as he did over the years, I'd give shanny another year. If shanny tanks, he's gone, and no one will blame the danny. If shanny turns it around, the danny looks like a genius and doesn't get stuck with the meddling owner moniker. And what does the danny care? He's making bucks whether they win or lose. This post brought to you by Kentucky Fried Chicken from the Autozone Red Zone
Bingo!

Obviously, if we lose out, and look as lost as we do now, firing shanny wouldn't be a surprise to anyone. I just don't think that will happen. We've seen our offense look unstoppable, at times. and, we've seen the defense, although far fewer times, look average. I think we'll continue to do so, and win, or look good enough, that firing him this offseason will be seen as a negative. And, more importantly, give Shamahan an excuse that NFL people will buy.

He owns this ****ing mess. We need to tattoo it on his forehead, with the 5th year he said he needed to get the job done.

PS ~ I trust everyone knows my game enough, after all these years, to know that I say all this, with complete hope that we go on a 6 game streak and capture this putrid division, again, and Shammy goes on to become the first head coach to win multiple super bowls, with two different teams.

Ours, and Denver's,

Lanky, they definitely weren't helping him up, but it's not as bad as it sounds. The reason they weren't helping him up, was because they didn't want to make the 20 yard walk to where he had run off to. In the wrong direction I might add.

The bad runs he made didn't bother me. What bothered me was the fact he kept hesitating. Make a ****ing decision and go with it. He had multiple runs where he wanted to throw, but started to run, hesitated, acted like he was gonna throw again, then started running again AND HESITATED AGAIN, and got destroyed. It was so so ****ing painful to watch. A guy has to know he's gonna get crushed when he acts like a squirrel in the middle of the street. To make it worse, he also had a few plays where he started to run, got through a huge hole, and had nothing but open field ahead for 15-25 yards. So what did he do every single time that happened? Overthrew Garcon or Moss. No game has ever disappointed me in the play of the team so much. From what I saw, Robert deserves at least 75% of the blame for this loss. Something else I learned yesterday, is Griffin is horrible at sensing pressure. Absolutely horrible.

For those who didn't see the game, don't believe anyone who blames yesterday's mutilation of RG3 on the O-line. Griffin got lit up because he couldn't make up his mind what the hell he wanted to do. There were over a dozen plays yesterday where he held the ball for 4-5 seconds. You can't pin that on the line, they can't hold forever. He got nothing but protection for the majority of the game. Him getting crushed was almost 100% his own fault this time.

I can understand flexing the Giants game out of prime time, but replacing it with Philly/Arizona? BARF.

This team has some credible talent at the skill positions but unless Shanahan is going to smell the coffee and concentrate on building a credible offensive line, guys like Griffin, Morris, Garçon, and Reed are going to be held back in developing as a unit.

I still remember the MNF game against SF when Norval was here.

The 49ers won 45-10 and pulled Steve Young otherwise it could have been 62-10.

Once in the last 71 drives have the redskins started in opponents territory (that's 6 games)

Yep, no special teams returns or pressure to force a bad kick from opponents.

Anyone who has some major problem with that vanilla Facebook post is just an ass - sorry. He's simply saying he is going to ride this out. I don't know how it could be interpreted any other way (not directing that at you Lank, but at the classless 'fans' using it as an excuse to make rude comments).

The people on Facebook and Twitter and radio complaining about griffin using "we" to discuss the game are lame. He does the same thing when they win. He gave props to Alfred Morris and the rest of the team when he won ROTY last year. It's just engrained in his head.

Don't know how bad it was in the rest of the country but in Los Angeles our game bot cut at halftime!! That's right, I got to watch who? Detroit/Pitt I think? I still haven't seen the second half, I pay the NFL to get blacked out from watching it until all the other games are over. How much more embarrassment can one fanbase take?

Don't know how bad it was in the rest of the country but in Los Angeles our game bot cut at halftime!! That's right, I got to watch who? Detroit/Pitt I think? I still haven't seen the second half, I pay the NFL to get blacked out from watching it until all the other games are over. How much more embarrassment can one fanbase take?

Yep - they switched it in NC early in the 3rd quarter. I switched over to NFL Sunday Ticket online but they didn't give me access until The 4th quarter. I am morally opposed to them switching games under any circumstances.

Yeah, Boone, it pissed me off too when they switched.

However, I understand their reasoning. They were trying to present their customers with a product that wouldn't disappoint them.

The game had an almost nation-wide audience, not just Redskins fans.

Yeah, Boone, it pissed me off too when they switched.

However, I understand their reasoning. They were trying to present their customers with a product that wouldn't disappoint them.

The game had an almost nation-wide audience, not just Redskins fans.

I get it, but most folks aren't tuning into that game unless they are Skins or Eagles fans or are rooting against an inter-division rival. If you are going to do that, you better be a hell of a lot quicker to open it up to NFL Sunday Ticket subscribers you've locked out of it because it's available in their local market. The NFL does a pretty ****ty job of determining what games folks want to watch in a particular region to begin with.

I am so ****ing tired of hearing about the cap penalty as an excuse for Allen and Shanny. Guess who was here when the decision was made to do that? Yep you guessed it! They rolled the dice and lost. If we hadn't done that how different would our cap situation be today? Not 18 million short that is for sure. Like it or not they made their bed, and it cannot be used as an excuse.

I am as pissed as anybody that we got hammered for it, and I wish we had gotten away with it, but they need to accept responsibility for it.

I am so ****ing tired of hearing about the cap penalty as an excuse for Allen and Shanny. Guess who was here when the decision was made to do that? Yep you guessed it! They rolled the dice and lost. If we hadn't done that how different would our cap situation be today? Not 18 million short that is for sure. Like it or not they made their bed, and it cannot be used as an excuse.

I am as pissed as anybody that we got hammered for it, and I wish we had gotten away with it, but they need to accept responsibility for it.

Problem is that the foundation of the penalty is unfair. They didnt break any rules.. they just pissed off all the other teams.

Unfortunately, the cap penalties are always going to be a an issue. It's a disadvantage... period. Competitively they are behind the rest of the league, regardless of the morals behind it. I'm sorry but i'm going to hold strong in my belief that they get next year.. full offseason w/ healthy QB, full cap, full camp, full preseason.

Problem is that the foundation of the penalty is unfair. They didnt break any rules.. they just pissed off all the other teams.

Unfortunately, the cap penalties are always going to be a an issue. It's a disadvantage... period. Competitively they are behind the rest of the league, regardless of the morals behind it. I'm sorry but i'm going to hold strong in my belief that they get next year.. full offseason w/ healthy QB, full cap, full camp, full preseason.

One way or another we were going to have to pay what we tried to dump, maybe in the long run it will be better because it is over now.

I don't know, with no extension it is a lame duck year. Personally I have seen enough, at least with the assistants. Kyles piss poor performance at play calling has nothing to do with the cap. Same goes for Haslett, you have to work with what you have, and they are not. At the end of the day it doesn't matter what I think, whatever they do I will still root for them..... Sometimes being a diehard fan sucks lol

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.