• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Random Commanders Thoughts

Landon Collins in the post-game show: 'I did the job I was asked to do'............

Nice to see our one of our defensive leaders step up and take responsibility for part of the debacle we just saw :rifle:

We signed this guy to an $84M contract and he is another front runner that talks about his defense being epic, and then trying to get away from the media as quickly as possible when they put out these kinds of performances.

Landon Collins in the post-game show: 'I did the job I was asked to do'............

Nice to see our one of our defensive leaders step up and take responsibility for part of the debacle we just saw :rifle:

We signed this guy to an $84M contract and he is another front runner that talks about his defense being epic, and then trying to get away from the media as quickly as possible when they put out these kinds of performances.

While I don't like players making comments where they don't take responsibility after a loss, there are too many guys on this defense making these comments. At what point does some realize that these players are being setup to fail? They aren't being put in position to do their job. A guy like Collins is probably wondering how Manusky even has a job.

JP Finlay up in NJ post-game said we are likely to see Jay Gruden's Superman Colt McCoy next week.

NFL commentators were laughing about what the Vegas odds would be against New England.

That is the only time the Redskins are now a topic of conversation, when it is part of a derisive joke.

Gruden now 35-48-1 as HC.

D'Qwell Jackson on NBCSN:

‘I don't understand the fascination here with Colt McCoy. I played with him in Cleveland for 3 years and he's a serviceable backup' 🙈

Last edited:
It's sad that the best thing that happens on Football Sunday is your favorite teams game is not televised in your viewing area.

I wanted Gruden gone ASAP However, the season is over. I'd prefer he ride it out with Colt at this point. I have no confidence he'll be anything positive for Haskins development. I'd like to see Allen canned and his replacement having the rest of the season to evaluate and plan.

In a way, I hope Jay does start McCoy so Jay and everyone can see,once and for all, that you can't win with him in this league.

So tired of Jay and his fascination with players that possess marginal NFL talent. For a guy that was touted as someone who doesn't put up with BS,he sure buys the BS of some of these players.....

Players like Gruden because he has been easy on them.

In camp Gruden would cancel an afternoon practice after the team was poor in the morning session.

He cut short the minicamps.

All that for a losing team where the players weren't executing in the games?

Any wonder things aren't any better?

The Redskins owner, front office, coaching staff and players deserve to come out of the tunnel and see a stadium full of Redskins fans..............

that are wearing bags over their heads.

Just imagine the optics of 70,000 people with bags showing their disapproval.

If they could also be holding ‘Fire Bruce' signs as well that would be just about perfect.

I often wonder... Has Allen had to play up Gruden to Snyder over the years to show him he knows how to hire coaches? like.... "Dan, don't worry he's still getting his sea legs. I know it's year 5, but he's great at Arena Football"

I mean seriously when does Snyder realize we don't have someone running the show, that he leans on, that can evaluate coaches? My biggest fear is that Gruden goes but Allen is still around. What little optimism I have left believes Snyder realized he needed a football guy to run the show but he picked the wrong guy.

The Redskins owner, front office, coaching staff and players deserve to come out of the tunnel and see a stadium full of Redskins fans..............

that are wearing bags over their heads.

Just imagine the optics of 70,000 people with bags showing their disapproval.

If they could also be holding ‘Fire Bruce' signs as well that would be just about perfect.

"They may have bags over their heads but hey, they bought a ticket!"- Dan Snyder

If Snyder really thought that he and Bruce/Gruden wouldn't have been up until 2 or 3am after the Bears game arguing over the state of the team.

I think Snyder doesn't know what to do and is frozen because butt-boy Bruce Allen has now been proven to be so off base in re predictions about the state of the team.

Allen talked about competing for a playoff spot in the summer.

I often wonder... Has Allen had to play up Gruden to Snyder over the years to show him he knows how to hire coaches? like.... "Dan, don't worry he's still getting his sea legs. I know it's year 5, but he's great at Arena Football"

I mean seriously when does Snyder realize we don't have someone running the show, that he leans on, that can evaluate coaches? My biggest fear is that Gruden goes but Allen is still around. What little optimism I have left believes Snyder realized he needed a football guy to run the show but he picked the wrong guy.

Unfortunately I think that is the most likely outcome.

This...
d6257cc74f3754faa0fbaf3c9eda2ef1.jpg

Last edited:
Rich McKay and Tony Dungy built the Bucs.

Gruden came in and won with a cast that was 95% assembled.

Bruce Allen came in after Gruden won the Super Bowl and during his tenure there the Bucs never again won a playoff game.

Allen is a cap guy, someone Al Davis had negotiating contracts.

He's a fraud as a personnel evaluator.

Fire the entire TB contingent from Brucifer on down (sorry Doug) and hire Ross Tucker as team president. Let Tucker hire a proven GM, and then Tucker and the GM together hire a head coach. The GM must be accountable for personnel - no more finger-pointing regarding who was behind what mistake.

First thing I did this morning was check to see who got fired. Sigh, seems that win or else story was some bullshittery to give us false hope.

There are many bullshittery stories about this team. But, people are more than willing to always buy into the worst possible reasons of why/how/when something happens.

All you can really count on is what you actually see/hear yourself.

Gruden is a rotten head coach.
Manusky is a rotten DC.

First thing I did this morning was check to see who got fired. Sigh, seems that win or else story was some bullshittery to give us false hope.

You too, huh?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.