• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Random Commanders Thoughts

Either way, Griff would still have to go through his game-time reps and growing pains, so that would have just delayed it, and made matters worse, IMO

Yes, this is what always gets me about the "Cousins should have started crowd". Griffin would still go through the same growing pains and they probably lose to the Raiders and possibly Bears as he is going through those pains. Griffin's biggest issues early this year were being rusty and tentative. That only is remedied by getting on the field and playing.

Is he still rusty?

To me he looks like he's not healthy. Or maybe that brace is causing the problems.

Is he still rusty?

To me he looks like he's not healthy. Or maybe that brace is causing the problems.
No doubt in my mind he's unhealthy. I counted 3 times today he took an extended amount of time to get up after a hit, and 5 grimaces accompanied by limps and stretches. I get the uneasy feeling he's hurt and knows it, but his ego won't let him hang it up and heal correctly. Another game like today, and he's gonna shred his knee and possibly throw away his career.

look on the bright side: we're gonna make the Rams an even better team next season!

He's played like ass all year. If he's not healthy Cousins should have been in there. We have entirely too much invested in him to risk that.

The way this season is rapidly heading seems about time to see what the roster actually has on it. I still wanna see something like Leribus or Hurt at C, Turnstyler at G and Compton at RT.

At this point is a why not move, and best case they excel.

Well I predicted 11-5. Good thing that's not my day job. The team has failed to develop this season regardless of the record. Haslett and his staff have evidently lost the team. I'm not a football coach and certainly don't think I know it all when it comes to pointing out the intricate details of what went wrong and who was out of place. That being said it doesn't take a Norman Einstein to see that at this point of the season the defense is a mess. They look slow and uninspired. I don't understand how they can get a poor pass rush and leave people wide open down field on the same play?
The offense has play makers and a really good running game but the worst pass blocking unit I can recall. Is it possible that the zone block scheme is really good at run blocking and a severe liability at pass blocking. There have been 11 games played so far. Has there been one game that any of us could look back on and say the pass blocking was solid and effective for most of the game? Something needs to be done with the Oline. next season.
I don't and can't blame Griffin for the last throw. He was about to get smashed by a defender at full speed just before he threw it...was it accurate? No, but if they can get him some half decent pass protection his accuracy will improve.

The danger in not firing shanahan?

He's going to be the one that gets to spend the newly acquired cap money. I don't think his contract allows for him to be overruled on that (president of football operations) so, short of firing him, he's the one making the decisions. With no contract extension... I'm assuming he's going to spend it in traditional redskins fashion - big contracts on big name players in a must win now mentality.

Yay...

The danger in not firing shanahan?

He's going to be the one that gets to spend the newly acquired cap money. I don't think his contract allows for him to be overruled on that (president of football operations) so, short of firing him, he's the one making the decisions. With no contract extension... I'm assuming he's going to spend it in traditional redskins fashion - big contracts on big name players in a must win now mentality.

Yay...

Yeah, that's an interesting point, one I haven't thought about until now. So... thanks... I think. If he is retained, Shanny has to know he will be under pressure next year, big time pressure. Improving from 6 to 8 wins isn't going to do it, for instance. That will certainly play a part in how he approaches free agency. Which really speaks to the need to extend him soon to give him a sense of security so he won't make too many short term moves.

I predicted 9-7 and feel foolish for being so bullish. Looking at the schedule we will be lucky to win 2 more games. This team is a complete mess. The players say everyone is fighting and not quitting. I would hate to see what happened if they did quit.

I still can't believe I bought into the pre-season hype about the Redskins. I should have known they would revert to old ways.

Something is seriously wrong with this team. Shanahan and Allen need to correct things fast.

Yeah, that's an interesting point, one I haven't thought about until now. So... thanks... I think. If he is retained, Shanny has to know he will be under pressure next year, big time pressure. Improving from 6 to 8 wins isn't going to do it, for instance. That will certainly play a part in how he approaches free agency. Which really speaks to the need to extend him soon to give him a sense of security so he won't make too many short term moves.

You see 3 more wins for this team down the line?

;)

No doubt in my mind he's unhealthy. I counted 3 times today he took an extended amount of time to get up after a hit, and 5 grimaces accompanied by limps and stretches. I get the uneasy feeling he's hurt and knows it, but his ego won't let him hang it up and heal correctly. Another game like today, and he's gonna shred his knee and possibly throw away his career.

I think he's quite healthy. I also think he pretty beaten up, which are different things. You'll see lots of QB's getting up slowly after big hits that don't absorb half as many as Robert. I don't care who it is, you never feel the same physically before and after a fight.....

You see 3 more wins for this team down the line?

;)

I didn't see the game yesterday, which I find helps with my mental state, which is normally optimistic anyway. :)

The last 6 games are an interesting litmus test. If we win 2 more games (or fewer), I think the coaching staff needs a serious overhaul if not an entire housecleaning. If, however, we pull together and 4-5 more games, it makes a lot of decisions much more interesting...

I didn't see the game yesterday, which I find helps with my mental state, which is normally optimistic anyway. :)

The last 6 games are an interesting litmus test. If we win 2 more games (or fewer), I think the coaching staff needs a serious overhaul if not an entire housecleaning. If, however, we pull together and 4-5 more games, it makes a lot of decisions much more interesting...

I didn't watch either. No point, really, as I knew it was going to be disappointing.

I did read something interesting on Facebook - that Griffin was getting KTFO'd over and over, and his OL wasn't even helping him up. At one point they were literally stepping over him. Wonder if that is significant....

I didn't watch either. No point, really, as I knew it was going to be disappointing.

I did read something interesting on Facebook - that Griffin was getting KTFO'd over and over, and his OL wasn't even helping him up. At one point they were literally stepping over him. Wonder if that is significant....

Wow. Can someone who watched the game verify that? Or denounce it? IMO, that's a pretty big deal if true...

Like I said we are not as bad as we think we are now, and we were not as good as we thought we were after last season.

i just think people really underestimated the seriousness of Griffins injury and the impact it would have on him. In my opinion he should not have seen the field until after the bye.

And our D has been historically bad this year, I don't see how you bring back Haslett or our special teams coach.

Well, if reports are true that Shanahan has been limiting Haslett, maybe he's not as bad as thought.

Wow. Can someone who watched the game verify that? Or denounce it? IMO, that's a pretty big deal if true...

I don't recall whether or not he was being helped up.

It's probably hard to help him up when you're still standing at the line of scrimmage and he's 20 yards behind it because he got chased by the entire d line.

They just ****ing stand there.

The sad thing is, we have 22 more games to endure, before Snyder can fire the entire coaching staff, without ridicule, unjustified criticism, or being accused of not letting Shanny have a legit chance.

Ugh!

I don't think you're going to have to worry about that Ax. For better or worse, I think he's gone first day or two after the last game.

The sad thing is, we have 22 more games to endure, before Snyder can fire the entire coaching staff, without ridicule, unjustified criticism, or being accused of not letting Shanny have a legit chance.

Ugh!

Nah. If things completely fall apart down the stretch and it becomes obvious even to outsiders that Shanny has lost the team, there will be, imo, minimal blowback. The more we win, the more difficult it is to force wholesale changes.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.