• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Random Commanders Thoughts

I don't love Dan or Bruce, but are they really responsible for the decision to block Khalil Mack with Vernon Davis and Chris Thompson?

Even mediocre NFL coaches to me would double team Mack and tell the Bears they will have to win another way.

They are responsible for the evaluation of their coaches performance. A coach should never be allowed to enter a year with only 1 year remaining. The last year should never be used to overcome all the previous years success. If you aren't ready to resign a coach going into their last year, make the change.

So far Redskins defense giving up 64% conversion rate on third downs.

Can you believe someone is getting paid to oversee this?

I will tell you this much - both of the Grudens in the NFL are stealing the money.

At the end of the year the Redskins and Raiders will be together near the bottom of the league standings.

Stupid coaches, stupid owners that hire them.

Fire Allen, Gruden and Manusky.

Hire Louis Riddick, and empower him fully to run the football operation.

Riddick has history/familiarity with the team. So, he should be able to have his contract written in proper fashion, to allow him to do his job. He was also very vocal about how talented he believes Haskins is. He would surely do everything he knew how to ensure Haskins', and thereby, the Redskins success.

Whoever takes over HC & DC would be his choice.

He could start chopping right away, if he chooses. And, if he wanted to take the rest of the season to do a fuller evaluation, then fans and internet gm's need to STFU and let him do it his way.

Riddick doesn't have the history of success I am looking for.

I want to see the team hire someone from the Rams, Eagles, KC or NE front office or scouting departments.

But I like the idea of going outside and not bringing in a retread coach that we give GM responsibilities to.

I want someone like Roseman in Philly who came in after the Chip Kelly screwups, traded an over the hill Sam Bradford for #1 pick and built an SB winner in 3-4 years.

I want someone like Roseman in Philly who came in after the Chip Kelly screwups, traded an over the hill Sam Bradford for #1 pick and built an SB winner in 3-4 years.

And, he may never do it again.

Lightning In A Bottle...….happens.
It can't be created.

Our last 3 QB coaches are doing pretty well for themselves. Perhaps all we need to do is promote the current QB coach to HC and let him run things. What's his name?

Fire Allen, Gruden and Manusky.

Hire Louis Riddick, and empower him fully to run the football operation.

Riddick has history/familiarity with the team. So, he should be able to have his contract written in proper fashion, to allow him to do his job. He was also very vocal about how talented he believes Haskins is. He would surely do everything he knew how to ensure Haskins', and thereby, the Redskins success.

Whoever takes over HC & DC would be his choice.

He could start chopping right away, if he chooses. And, if he wanted to take the rest of the season to do a fuller evaluation, then fans and internet gm's need to STFU and let him do it his way.

I've said it numerous times. Louis Riddick was neck deep for years as part of the team that's brought us some of the worst failures this franchise has ever had. Why would anyone think that, elevated to GM, he would suddenly have the Midas touch?

He's a smart guy and and nice guy. But I just don't see the attraction.

Crucial decisions. And the hardest?

How many of our fans know that Haskins started only one single year in college? And that was as a sophomore? He then went directly into the draft.

Has a QB ever started only one year in college, left as a sophomore and had success?

Scenario 1: Start Haskins in the next few weeks, get him some experience and hope to finish 7-9.

Scenario 2: Let him ride the bench and practice. Run this thing into the ground, trade everyone over 30 away and fire everyone. Haskins starts next year with two new tackles from the first two rounds, and a new RB?

As painful as it may be, I believe everyone reading this knows the correct answer.

Let the empty suit who's still living off his Dad's name go and hire a true football guy as GM.

The next coach here needs to be a disciplinarian, I don't care which side of the ball he comes from, but he needs to be able to lay down the law and demand accountability.

Now some will say that won't work in today's game but hell, half our team played under Saban,so I think it will.

Things are rarely that cut and dried.

I am less concerned with what other quarterbacks experienced in the past because they are not Haskins.

Yes he only started one year. Brady didn't start that many games at Michigan either.

Now he didn't start in Year 1 but was behind a franchise quarterback in Drew Bledsoe.

Here Keenum is a bridge qb. It's possible he could find a niche as the backup but otherwise he is gone in 2020.

So, as Brian Mitchell said you have to evaluate the player in front of you without biased looks to the past for comparisons.

I am not in favor of throwing Haskins to the wolves but at the same time like Mitchell I question whether Gruden is really doing a fair job of getting him ready or whether his personal animosity over the selection at #15 and conflict with front office is what is driving the ‘you won't see Haskins any time soon' mantra.

Looking ahead to 2020 I don't know I want Haskins' first start to be in Year 2 of his contract with TWO newly minted tackles as you describe.

Unless we have two top 10 picks and Chris Samuels/Trent Williams types are there in the draft those new tackles are going to take awhile to develop.

So, in the end I don't know that it is not better to fire Gruden now, name an interim like Callahan for the balance of the season and let Kevin O'Connell work with Haskins uninterrupted and start him for a certain number of games.

It could be 4, 6, 8 or as many games he can come in and learn from.

That would be up to O'Connell and Callahan.

I still say we poach the Chiefs front office and steal Mike Borgonzi. Sounds like he could use our scouts in place but more importantly bring Eric Bieniemy with him as head coach. Boom goes the dynamite on offense. A former running back will sure as shit make a commitment to the running game too.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/syndic...m-candidates-2020-big-board-and-more.amp.html

(Mike Borgonzi, Kansas City Chiefs

First it was Chris Ballard as the top scout to leave Kansas City for a general manager job, and then Brett Veach got an in-house promotion. Up next will be Mike Borgonzi, the team's director of football operations, to take interviews for a GM job.

Borgonzi, like Ballard before him, is known as a very thorough evaluator, but he's also praised for the type of staff he'll build. Ballard went to Indianapolis and hired Dodds, but he also added Rex Hogan (New York Jets) and did a great job keeping key scouts already with the Colts instead of cleaning house. Borgonzi is expected to be that kind of thinker who will put the good of the team over his ego)

Edit: Bieniemy's 1st season as offensive coordinator was 2018 and KC finished with the #1 offense. They're currently sitting at #2 this season.

Last edited:
I am not in favor of throwing Haskins to the wolves

Here's what I love about this site, and why I'm grateful for Boone for continuing to sponsor it. Great conversation with intelligent Redskins fans. Not the yelling like you see on Twitter.

So here's the thing. I'm a big B Mitch fan, but I don't believe he's really looking 6 games ahead.

As you're aware, Donald Penn is the oldest OL player in the entire league. He left last season after 4 games with a groin injury and couldn't play again. He reminds me of Phillip Daniels in his last season--a freaking tank in the weight room, but can he go 16 games?

If we're being honest, I'm going to assume that it's unlikely that he plays 16 games. 10 games might be closer to accurate.

So now we have a different situation. Ty's gone, we've yet to trade Williams, and Moses is our only tackle. Is that really worth it? It might be, I'm just providing food for thought.

Btw, there's one tackle this draft that's believed to be the best tackle to come out in 5 years--6'5", 325 pounds. So theoretically, we'd at least have the left side taken care of.

If you think we can draft that prospect then you must think our record is going to be as poor as I do 😆😆🙈

If you think we can draft that prospect then you must think our record is going to be as poor as I do ������������������

Anything is possible. That's why these decisions are so important to our next five years.

We have a GM who won't trade Trent to better the team. He just lowballed Scherff publicly like he did to Cousins--what a disgrace. He can't even set down the Coors Light for 15 minutes on the day before the game to make sure that London Fletcher's name is spelled correctly on the jumbotron prior to being inducted into the ROH. To be fair, Fletcher is a tiny bit harder to spell than Smith or Jones.

We have a HC that apparently is in denial and is too stupid to consider making changes. On the other hand, I'm going to cut him a little slack because he was proven right on RG3. And he also saw two of his QBs suffer broken legs last season and then both suffered further from medical complications. Maybe deep down he has a conscience?

There's honestly no clear, easy answer. The entire FO has really painted themselves into a corner on this one.

IMG_20190924_220457.jpg

Interesting photo. Hopefully not what it looks like.

There is no light at the end of the tunnel. Every option seems a disaster.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.