• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Random Commanders Thoughts

The healing cannot begin until Dan lets Bruce go and promotes someone from the scouting departments to GM. Or, hires a GM from outside the organization. Either way this person not named Bruce should be planning for 2020 and beyond ASAP.

I normally disagree with mid season firings but this shit show will not improve until at least Jay & Manusky are relieved of duty.

Last edited:
I don't love Dan or Bruce, but are they really responsible for the decision to block Khalil Mack with Vernon Davis and Chris Thompson?

Even mediocre NFL coaches to me would double team Mack and tell the Bears they will have to win another way.

Terry McLaurin has really amazed me. To the point I'm worried these clowns will use him as trade bait instead of holding on to him I know it's early, but he looks legitimate to me.

There are good younger players on this team. Unfortunately they are being put in a tough spot working under a coaching staff that doesn't feel they have time to develop anyone.

The reason Terry is out there is he just showed a lot over the summer and the team didn't have a veteran that came close.

But at some other spots we are going with veterans because there is no patience.

Guard is one of those spots. Both Charlie Casserly and Doc Walker thought Wes Martin won the competition at guard but we see him inactive on an 0-3 team so they can start Flowers because while new to the position he has four years of NFL experience.

Everything has to be about right now even if that means the team is less for it long-term and perhaps short term as well.

In the backfield I like what Smallwood did in Philly in 2017 and we could use the 25 year old as part of the offense as he can run and catch.

But he gets no looks at all.

On defense every time I look I see Josh Norman getting beaten. He just shrugs and makes believe there was a blown coverage.

Most of the time it is on Norman for failing to press and slow receivers coming off the line of scrimmage.

We need a DC that is going to teach and preach press and swap guys out until he can find players that can run it.

I bet across the league right now there are 1 or 2 corners if not more on practice squads that will go on to have legit NFL careers but we stay in the Josh Norman business.

980 is reporting there was a meeting after the game and Gruden/ Manusky were told their jobs were up if they don't beat NY.

Great. At least someone is awake,

But beating another really bad team without its best player really doesn't prove anything to me.

980 is reporting there was a meeting after the game and Gruden/ Manusky were told their jobs were up if they don't beat NY.

Great. At least someone is awake,

But beating another really bad team without its best player really doesn't prove anything to me.

I'm having some IP issues today. But it seems like the writing is on the wall for Gruden.

I saw a reporter today trying to drum up drama, reporting that Haskins is running the scout team, and that he's only getting limited snaps with the starters.

Newsflash: That's exactly how the other 31 teams do it too.

But it seems the leakers are coming out with a narrative.

Last edited:
BD, I was going to respond to another one of your posts, about Sweat.

Sweat last night: In on 7 tackles, 4 of which were solo.

Ryan Kerrigan last night: In on 0 tackles.

Ryan Kerrigan this season: A grand total of 3 tackles.

If Sweat looks like a rookie, what does Ryan Kerrigan look like?

I know how to fix this...

That won't work Boone.

Dungy was vocal about changing the name.

No way he comes here.

I'd agree to change it if that's what it took. That's how tired of being an NFL laughing stock I am.

You're right though that Snyder wouldn't.

Maybe Dungy could navigate it. Just throw an additional 10 million at him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bruce picked Gruden. Bruce ‘helped' Gruden hire Manusky.

Gruden needs to go but who replaces him?

Who makes the call?

Is there anyone else from Tampa Bruce can reach back for?

It's a tough call right now, which is highly unusual. Normally, you would just do the 100% opposite of anything that Bruce said and you'd be correct.

"Extending RG3 is a no-brainer" and "I fully expect Trent to report next week" are two good examples.

There are also several moving parts here, like when to start Haskins.

I do know this...….if we could trade Trent...….and trade guys like Josh Norman and Ryan Kerrigan for additional draft picks.....then finish at the bottom and trade away the top draft choice for a king's ransom.....the next regime could build a machine very quickly. And they'd all be young together.

That would require us to evaluate our players accurately and not over value them.

Josh Norman should be gone. He's a guy that was 4.6 and at 31 is probably a 4.75 guy now.

But the Redskins continue to pay him despite being a target on the field.

Ryan Kerrigan has been overpaid for years. He's being paid like an elite player but he isn't a great one on one rusher.

Trent Williams was perhaps the best OT I the NFL three years ago. At 31 he is still a top 10 player but now is on the wrong side of 30 and whoever hires him in the future will be paying for diminishing returns.

I know how to fix this...

I don't know. I feel like this would be the most Redskins move to make. Get a big name coach that was great 10 years ago and expect him to be great right away not realizing what he had to go through to become great. You could throw Bill Cowher's name in there too. Same scenario, just even further back in time.

It's a shame because the leadership qualities of these guys is what this team needs. I just don't think these guys are the way to go. (Note: I'm just using Cowher as an example of another coach and am not reporting on any rumors)

Get to 0-5 and then bench Keenum - or let him go after Colt returns.

Jay has some moments of offensive success. Manusky is just a total disaster.

I'ld clean shop and I'd do it now. Keep the young guys who ov ertly state they are in on winning and changing the culture. XXXXcan the rest....even if it means suiting up 25 for a game!

So what's the alternative?

Don't want former NFL legends calling the shots? So we trust the same owner who brought us the past 20 years to hit on then next great young coach?

I don't see that as likely. Not to mention Dan will have him in his office 3 times a day.

I'm having some IP issues today. But it seems like the writing is on the wall for Gruden.

The writing was on the wall for Gruden before the season even started with this group. Sure wish the writing was on the wall for Allen as well, but he's the new Vinny, here until the bitter end

So what's the alternative?

Don't want former NFL legends calling the shots? So we trust the same owner who brought us the past 20 years to hit on then next great young coach?

I don't see that as likely. Not to mention Dan will have him in his office 3 times a day.

I don't know the answer as to the head coach. I do know that you need a real football person who can run the football operations. Allen needs to go, then hire a real football person and let them bring in the coach. You are right that it will be the same old same old if Allen and Snyder pick the next coach. The only hope, aside from getting extremely lucky, is Snyder hiring a football guy who can turn this around. I'm not holding my breath waiting for it to happen. But that's the best answer I have.

We don't need to hire a retread.

What you do is look at the best organizations and poach a personnel director and promote him here to GM and then allow him to hire the coach.

You can still fire Gruden and replace him with an interim hire like Callahan until the end of the season.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 4, Members: 0, Guests: 4)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.