• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Random Commanders Thoughts

Well, there's a lot of season left. As much as I know Gruden must go, I'm still loathe to do it in-season. Firing Manusky would be fine. That side of the ball would probably do better with a different play caller on gameday. The offense probably wouldn't do much better. Have no trust in anyone on that side of the ball.

Need to ride this train until the season ends. Then fire the entire staff.

In the meantime, I'd keep Gruden as far away from Haskins as I could. He has run off, or alienated every QB we've had since he got here. Except Colt.
If he's gonna get someone killed, let it be Case or colt.

Colt knows he's on a gravy train with biscuit wheels. He knows he'd likely be out of the league if not for Jay. He should be out. He's injured just from a strong breeze. The same time, I neither want to see Haskins on the field in the middle of all this crap nor want Norval Gruden to put his brand of dumpster juice on him. How can anyone even think he's qualified to be an OC after these three games? He literally had an entire half of the game where he had no plan to double Khalil Mack and had a week to plan for it. A freaking week!!! How do you not account for him? Consecutive plays in the first quarter he was untouched, literally no one on him.

I agree with ditching Manusky. Disagree with the handling of Gruden. He's stench needs to be gone from Redskins Park ASAFP. Doesn't forgive that Dan still owns the team and Bruce is still the President, but Gruden is three-day old fish and Callahan could do no worse, plus allow O'Connell to actually call the plays.

And that fourth down play?

Anyone else see Case being confused and rushing the players up to the line to get the play off that ended with his leap and fumble?

Why not call a damned timeout to get it right.

Probably because they had already burnt one earlier in the 3rd where Jay still took too long to get the play to Keenum and burned a time-out rather than take the five-yard penalty when down by three scores LOL!

I thought the purpose of Jay having a veteran qb out there was to avoid ‘rookie' mistakes 🤪🤪🤪🤪ðŸ'»ðŸ'»ðŸ'»ðŸ'»ðŸ'»

No, Jay's purpose for having any QB back there, is to provide him with a scapegoat as to why his system doesn't work.

Except Haskins. He won't play Haskins unless there are injuries because he still is getting even with the front office for taking him at #15 instead of Sweat.

Ironically, Sweat lasted until pick #26 and from the early returns would you have taken him at #15 and have no franchise qb on the roster?

Talk about raw.

Haskins looks like a 5 year veteran compared to Sweat.

All you've seen Haskins do is go up against 2nd and 3rd string vanilla defenses.

Sometimes your player evaluations after 5 minutes are ridiculously premature.

It's okay to not hate, all day, every day.

Really.

Bitchell said something about Sweat not being well-prepared by this staff leading into the season... including the preseason... and the first game was kind of a "holy sh... " moment for him.

Looks like that was right.

Been saying for 3yrs now that coaching is our weakest link.

Unfortunately, in season firing of head coaches don't have much positive effect.

Ax, I was being sarcastic.

Gruden wanted a pass rusher in the draft and was livid when Snyder intervened on behalf of Haskins with the early pick.

Looking at it from my perspective a franchise qb is worth more than any other position on the field.

But in the end Gruden got his pass rusher after all when the team made the trade to get pick #26 .

Sweat, even if he was Khalil Mack, though wouldn't have turned this ship.

And that's why I am angry at Gruden.

He has done nothing but settle on mediocre players including championing Colt McCoy who is nothing but a career backup.

Again, I think when you change coaches early and it is a recently hired coach there is a backlash because people feel you didn't give him a fair chance.

That situation doesn't obtain here.

Sorry I missed the sarcasm. If only we actually knew for sure who wanted who, and when.

But we don't. And I still think that if we finally are going to show Gruden the door, I don't want his cooties getting on Haskins.

Let the next guy have a clean palette to start with.

I'm so drained from rooting for this team, I literally can't bring myself to post an opinion.

Although I'd hate it for the players, best thing that could happen would be an absolute fan boycott. Another couple of losses and we may get it. It might force dramatic change.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah, it makes no sense. At what point, if ever, will Dan see that dramatic change is needed - and then actually do it?

Say, has anyone else noticed that Preston Smith has 4.5 sacks, an interception and a forced fumble through three games?

Say, has anyone else noticed that Preston Smith has 4.5 sacks, an interception and a forced fumble through three games?

As ntotoro said, he wouldn't with this coaching staff. It's not about the talent here with the Redskins or the talent that walked out the door or even the talent they should have drafted or signed. It's about the coaches who don't put players in position to succeed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is pathetic with the D.

The Redskins now have 3 former coordinators on the staff under Manusky and they still can't get things right.

Meanwhile, every year Belichick loses coaches to other teams for promotions and yet he is able to find capable replacements.

The Redskins now have 3 former coordinators on the staff under Manusky and they still can't get things right.

Meanwhile, every year Belichick loses coaches to other teams for promotions and yet he is able to find capable replacements.

What Norval Gruden did with his interview process with Wade Philips was another unforgivable thing.

They are all "former" coordinators for a reason, BD. Just sayin'...

You are right about that.

My personal feeling is that Gruden didn't want to hire a DC that had a successful NFL profile for fear he would be over shadowed.

Gruden has to believe he is the smartest guy in the room.

Gibbs just wanted to win.

Parcels and Walsh just wanted to win.

They weren't afraid to have capable assistants that ran their own shops.

BTW - his brother Jon is another control freak who doesn't want to hire anyone with a brain of his own.

Raiders like the Redskins are headed nowhere.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 11, Members: 0, Guests: 11)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.