• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Random Commanders Thoughts

Im hoping Dan will bring Tom Cruise in riding on Trent's shoulders for the halftime talk with a ‘help me help you' mantra that fires everyone up!

We're not winning again until not today Jay runs the ball 25 times a game, at minimum

Would that be 55 times out of the I formation?

You guys misunderstood.

When Jay said "I Formation", he meant a "formation" that "I", meaning he, invented.

There's the "I don't have a clue" formation.
The "I can't make adjustments" formation.
The "I can't hire a competent DC" formation.
Etc, etc...

The pass needs to set up the run.

Instead of running on first down habitually for 1-2 yards and ending up with second and 8 it would make more sense to use hitches and short passes to the backs/TEs to get 5 or 6 yards and then have a second and 4 which opens up options in the run game.

You can also throw the ball more to the backs in general.

Smallwood and Thompson are good receivers and don't need to be limited to third down.

For some reason the Gruden Redskins cannot execute a basic screen pass effectively and that has cost them repeatedly when team bring blitzes and the chance for a good gain is there.

Teams like the Rams and New England use the screen to devastating effect on opponents when they blitz and the Eagles traditionally are a top screen team as well.

I'm beginning to see the benefit of a complete tank. When do we stop kidding ourselves?

How many of the top 100 players in the league are on our team?

Upcoming draft needs, next season:

1) Running back. AD will likely retire, and who could possibly count on Guice as a starter? High pick needed.
2) 1, and possibly two tackles. 1 or 2 high picks needed.
3) Our secondary sucks, and some guys are always injured. A few more high picks needed here.
4) TE. Is Vernon Davis going to play until he's 60? Jordan R? There's a high pick needed.

Bottom line: We don't have enough talent and we need a ton more picks than we have.

Solution: Fight Miami for 0-16, get the first pick, and deal Tua off for a king's ransom. It's literally the only way we'll ever make up our talent deficit.

It sucks, but if we remove emotion from the equation, it's the most intelligent solution.

I'm beginning to see the benefit of a complete tank. When do we stop kidding ourselves?

How many of the top 100 players in the league are on our team?

Upcoming draft needs, next season:

1) Running back. AD will likely retire, and who could possibly count on Guice as a starter? High pick needed.
2) 1, and possibly two tackles. 1 or 2 high picks needed.
3) Our secondary sucks, and some guys are always injured. A few more high picks needed here.
4) TE. Is Vernon Davis going to play until he's 60? Jordan R? There's a high pick needed.

Bottom line: We don't have enough talent and we need a ton more picks than we have.

Solution: Fight Miami for 0-16, get the first pick, and deal Tua off for a king's ransom. It's literally the only way we'll ever make up our talent deficit.

It sucks, but if we remove emotion from the equation, it's the most intelligent solution.

I think you're overstating things. RB? I know that Bryce Love is coming off an ACL - but he may have been the best RB in the last draft if it weren't for the injury. I know all about Guice's status. But we still don't know what we've got in him and if he sheds off the injury stuff, he could be a good one for a long time. We certainly don't need to draft a RB high in the draft until we know about those 2 guys.

We need OL studs for sure, especially since I think Scherff either wants ridiculous $$ or has already decided he doesn't want to be here. We'll probably franchise him for a year so will need to replace him too. With you on secondary as well, although I think Moreland will stick and be a good one. And yes - TE is also a need. But we have QBs, WRs, LBs, DL is good to go, ST is good to go. Every team has weaknesses. Our problem is that our coaches can't coach up the talent we have. There's a good foundation on this team. I refuse to believe we are the most talent-bereft team in the league.

I think you're overstating things. RB? I know that Bryce Love is coming off an ACL - but he may have been the best RB in the last draft if it weren't for the injury. I know all about Guice's status. But we still don't know what we've got in him and if he sheds off the injury stuff, he could be a good one for a long time. We certainly don't need to draft a RB high in the draft until we know about those 2 guys.

We need OL studs for sure, especially since I think Scherff either wants ridiculous $$ or has already decided he doesn't want to be here. We'll probably franchise him for a year so will need to replace him too. With you on secondary as well, although I think Moreland will stick and be a good one. And yes - TE is also a need. But we have QBs, WRs, LBs, DL is good to go, ST is good to go. Every team has weaknesses. Our problem is that our coaches can't coach up the talent we have. There's a good foundation on this team. I refuse to believe we are the most talent-bereft team in the league.

Who are our LBs again? Kerrigan, a year older next year. I believe Sweat has to improve, but we currently have no pass rush. I loved Noah Spence coming out of college, so I'd love to see him come in and just dominate. Maybe he can bring the rush we're lacking.

Still, we don't have enough top talent to win a SB. We need more top picks than we have and there's really only one way to get them. We're seeing the benefit of losing in the Rams right now, and also in Cleveland.

Like us, Miami is another irrelevant franchise, but they're following Cleveland's plan and will be loaded in the next two drafts.

This team has more talent on it than in previous seasons overall.

That said it is almost all young talent, 23 and 24 year old players that need to be developed to reach their potential.

Where we are still in need of talent is at CB and in playmaking by QB and TE/RB on offense.

Getting Haskins on the field and allowing him to go through some of the growing pains as Josh Allen and Lamar Jackson did last year is key to jump starting the process of turning this ship around.

With Guice on IR again, Bryce Love being drafted as PUP and Peterson 34 years old you bet we need additional insurance at RB going forward.

RB is a position where even the good backs usually get 7 or 8 years productive seasons.

So, drafting guys high that are already injured at RB makes little sense to me.

Do I trust Gruden and Manusky to develop the talent?

No. Why?

Because it seems clear by the way he has run his program up till now that Gruden does not challenge players and hold them accountable.

This goes back to a training camp observation made a couple of years ago by Brian Mitchell that Gruden ran his practices straight through regardless of whether the plays were being executed correctly.

He didn't stop and repeat them until they were run properly.

How can you develop a young team managing like that?

This no doubt is one reason the DBs blow coverages and the OL can't seem to handle DL stunts year after year.

This team is not ready to fight so it doesn't win that often.

Who are our LBs again? Kerrigan, a year older next year. I believe Sweat has to improve, but we currently have no pass rush. I loved Noah Spence coming out of college, so I'd love to see him come in and just dominate. Maybe he can bring the rush we're lacking.

Still, we don't have enough top talent to win a SB. We need more top picks than we have and there's really only one way to get them. We're seeing the benefit of losing in the Rams right now, and also in Cleveland.

Like us, Miami is another irrelevant franchise, but they're following Cleveland's plan and will be loaded in the next two drafts.

McKinzy, Sweat, Holcomb, Ryan Anderson, SDH, JHC (yeah, I know - injuries)... and with Collins in a hybrid role - we have plenty of talent. Certainly not a bunch of scrubs.

Good lord - the Super Bowl? We're having different conversations Mike. How about let's win consistently, get to the playoffs more often than not. If your argument is that we're not a Super Bowl team yet - well, yeah, there's no argument.

And I'm so sick of hearing about the Browns. What have the Browns done with all those draft picks so far? Jack shit. If we win tonight, we'll have the same record. They have just as many holes as we do. People wanted to crown them division champs this year because of all the ridiculous hype. They'll be luck to make the playoffs and I'm betting they don't.

You're right that we do need to keep adding talent. We have been. And we will continue to. But what is really holding us back right now is our coaching, and an inability to keep key veteran players on the reservation - which is also on the coaching staff.

Back to Sweat for a second. Kalil Mack had what, 4 sacks his rookie year?
Any determination on him at this point, good or bad, is just s...t...oopid!

Beat the Bears!!!!!

BTW- tanking has never produced a Super Bowl, for anyone.
Plus, it's a losers mentality. There is absolutely no good that can come from it.

If the defense doesn't step up tonight I think at least the DC needs to be fired

Would that be 55 times out of the I formation?

Only as long as Peterson is in and only on 1st down

....... People wanted to crown them division champs this year because of all the ridiculous hype......

download.jpeg.jpg

I recently bought a Samsung fridge and dishwasher. They're very nice.

Wait - this is the Random Redskins Thoughts thread...

I'll bet the Redskins DL would love my new Samsung fridge and dishwasher!

If Trubisky suddenly “gets right” against the ‘Skins' D, Manusky needs to go right after the game.

We will see how prepared Gruden is for the Bears defense.

This week's game is important because I don't know how much of a test NY is going to be next week without Barkley and a win there really doesn't prove much to me.

The Giants are always, always a test. They've not only beaten us when I felt we had a far better team, they've wiped the floor with us. No way is that a gimme game in my book. Ever.

We'd better win tonight AND next weekend or we are in big big trouble.

I recently bought a Samsung fridge and dishwasher. They're very nice.

Wait - this is the Random Redskins Thoughts thread...

I'll bet the Redskins DL would love my new Samsung fridge and dishwasher!

Ha! I just bought a 30cu ft LG 4 door French fridge. It was devlivered with two dents - got many hundreds knocked off the sale price.

Oh yea.....the Skins would love my new fridge! Probably more than they love football.

I'm around ready for Dan to move this team to St Louis

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 5, Members: 0, Guests: 5)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.