• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Random Commanders Thoughts

**** Trent. He's Fredo to me.

Ramsey? Getting one malcontent, while getting rid of another?

And again, this coaching staff would struggle coaching an All Madden team. So, his value here, right now, is nothing.

Beat Chicago!

The difference is Ramsey can legitimately play as the #1 corner whereas Norman has been a pretender.

He is an impact player.

In regards to Trent he is an asset we are getting no return on.

It only makes sense for a building team to trade a 31 year old for a high pick.

If New England can trade Richard Seymour or Brandin Cooks and get #1 picks for them and continue to build we should be doing the same thing.

Unlike Miami I am not advocating tanking but if we can improve the team for NOW and the future with these moves let's make them.

Having an out of football shape Trent Williams show up in Week 7 to get credit for playing this season in re his contract is not going to help this team enough to forsake the pick we get in trade.

Last edited:
You assume it will be a high pick. It's not a gimmie. And, I'm not interested in rewarding a guy who torpedoed his teammates, not to mention, the team. Or, giving a blueprint for every player in the future who wants to pull this crap. It will never stop. I'm all for squeezing every nickel out of that POS that we can get. Then, trade his ass right before the deadline. Or, even in the next offseason.

What would cutting Norman, now, do to the cap? Can't be good. And, again, do you actually have faith that this coaching staff could get even average play out of Ramsey. He'd be the first trouble maker shooting off his mouth after a loss.

No, thank you.

Norman's bonus as far as I remember was front loaded so I don't think the cap consequences are that dire if we release him.

In regards to Trent we can't afford to get emotional and make this personal.

We need to look at the player, assess what he is worth to us under contract for one more year after 2019 and compare that to the compensation offered.

I am not saying trade him for a #4 pick.

New England already offered us a late #1 for him before Isiah Wynn went down.

So we are going to get more than you think.

As far as setting an example, Pittsburgh and New England trade guys that don't want to be part of the program.

I don't see over the past 20 years that has hurt either franchise with their Super Bowl wins and regular playoff appearances.

A matter of fact in New England guys that wanted to go for greener pastures like Jamie Collins and Patrick Chung ended up coming back to the Patriots later on after collecting bonuses elsewhere.

Last edited:
Well, BB would have to answer the cap ramifications of just cutting Norman, now.

The shut down corner is a myth of yesteryear. Ramsey is already a trouble maker. Why in the world do you think coming to a team that has absolutely no discipline or accountability, could be anything but a disaster?

Pothead Crybaby made it personal. **** him every which way we can.

Cheatriots denied any #1 offer.
And, the day is getting closer when the Cheatriots can't run the moves they make through the "Tom Brady-Get Out of Jail Free" filter.

But if you personalize the Williams situation you are hurting the team going forward.

Trent is not a 26 year old franchise quarterback we have to keep at all costs.

And if we believe he is now a team hater it's best to be rid of him rather than have him end up coming back just for the paycheck.

I remember Chandler Jones telling Belichick after the SB that he deserved to be paid J.J. Watt money.

Anything less would be disrespecting him.

Belichick traded him to the Cardinals for a #1 pick and Arizona paid him the big dollars to be on a team finishing 4-12 and 6-10.

Even though he helped win a SB the Patriots left him in the rear view mirror.

BTW - Ramsey is a fiery player and may require some actual coaching.

But I prefer that to a guy like Norman that has collected his money and is very relaxed because he really doesn't give a damn.

Well, again, too many unknowns concerning Ramsey, and this current staff.

Anything concerning the Cheatriots moves? See: Tom Brady/Get Out of Jail Free Filter

As far as Pothead Crybaby is concerned, he's already damaged the team for this year. Can't get any worse. Whether he's back here ready to fake an injury, or not. Or, if we wait to make any trade. There is no 911 to do it today.

Only if he comes in and we have to watch him sulking in his pity pool on the sidelines, do we need to accelerate a trade. If we're even considering it. If the team's idea is to not set a bad precedent going forward, I'm all for it.

I don't care what you get for Trent but you have to move him soon. Anything else is absolutely GM malpractice. This feels a lot like Bruce Allen is trying to flex his muscles and prove a point. That's not what a GM gets paid for.

There is no upside, other than possibly discouraging future instances of players holding out, to letting this situation go on and on. Even if he caves and comes back, do we really think we're going to get dominant LT performance out of a guy that doesn't even want to be on this roster?

I'm sorry - but that's a really stupid approach. Allen has this terminal need to be the smartest guy in the room. In this scenario what's best for the team is obvious. Move on and get what you can for him now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well, being a spiteful prick, I'd wait until he showed up to play before trading him. And, making him pay every nickel of the fines he's built up.

Hell, I'd find joy in it if the dumbass fails another drug test while he's holding out.

Trent should have been shipped out weeks ago. The longer we wait, the less we're getting for him. At this point he's nothing but an anchor and a distraction. Get him out of here now.

This front office makes big decisions like an old lady driving 20 mph down the middle of the street during rush hour. The timidity and indecision is infuriating.

Yeah, for the good of the team, Bruce & Dan need to set aside any pettyness and make the best move available. Teams have lost starting tackles - go for it.

Not saying the Alex Smith trade was the right move. BUT, at least it never leaked out beforehand. None of the beat reporters were on it. So, maaaaaaaaaybe there will be something brewing trade-wise?? Not hopeful w/ the incompetence in charge - but ya never know.

Being petty with Kirk Cousins lost us a #1 pick in the 2016 draft from Cleveland and we all saw how that worked out - he walked away for basically nothing.

I am still seeing Bruce standing there saying he is confident a deal with Kirk was going to get done.

Later we learned the sides hadn't talked in months.

Greedy Lying Bastard was in the drivers seat. And, he was a greedy lying bastard.

Pothead Crybaby is not in the drivers seat.

Redskins working out some QBs today.

Hmmm?

My take?

Gruden is now facing that Colt may miss the season and the team needs a third qb.

The question is whether he is going to push for a veteran to put behind Case so to keep Dwayne off the field.

For you Twitter people, if you don't follow John Keim, you might want to look him up. I don't remember him doing this last year, but he's been posting videos of plays with some comments. I find it pretty interesting. He at least seems to know a little more about football than just being a beat reporter.

My take?

Gruden is now facing that Colt may miss the season and the team needs a third qb.

The question is whether he is going to push for a veteran to put behind Case so to keep Dwayne off the field.

Practically every move they've made, or not made, over the past 4yrs, has been done trying to save the Gruden Experiment. Including this, his last season to make things work. Jay will get his way.

For you Twitter people, if you don't follow John Keim, you might want to look him up. I don't remember him doing this last year, but he's been posting videos of plays with some comments. I find it pretty interesting. He at least seems to know a little more about football than just being a beat reporter.

Check out the block here by the guard on the LB in the backfield. I'm guessing that's Flowers. He destroyed whoever that was on Dallas.

Let's not be surprised. Bruce and the Grudens have been cronies for 25 years. That's how Bruce got Jay here as Jon interceded on Bruce's behalf.

So, Bruce is not going to fire Jay unless he has to.

That said, the club has allowed differences between the front office and Jay on personnel to paralyze things and retard progress.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.