• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Random Commanders Thoughts

That joke about going into the tent to take a leak rather than be checked out by Guice now appears to be another misdirection.

Yes, remember last year when he was hurt? He went on twitter and said he was fine...nothing was wrong.

Same thing this time.

I understand that he doesn't want to see his lifelong dream slip away and he wants the opportunity and check badly, but this isn't looking good. He can't be trusted when it comes to his own health.

Right, and Jay Gruden was prepared to go into the season without a proven backup behind Guice knowing his injury history.

He was willing to see Peterson go elsewhere largely out of spite.

Do you think Wendell Smallwood or Samaje Perine scare NFL defenses?

This is why I think Gruden is a poor leader.

He makes decisions based on likes and dislikes rather than talent and what is best for the team.

We kept Ryan Grant, Rob Kelley, Perine and others like Lauvao when we should have been casting a wider net.

I can tell you flat out that Belichick would not have started Shawn Lauvao for 3 plus years given his poor performance and litany of injuries.

I can tell you flat out that Belichick would not have started Shawn Lauvao for 3 plus years given his poor performance and litany of injuries.

I think you're projecting and making assumptions that likely aren't correct. Who else was he supposed to start ahead of Lauvao?

Do you think he came into the season thinking our TE situation is great?

Someone has to draft or acquire these players.

When I see any HC come out and express confidence for a player that we all know needs to be replaced--regardless of the team--it's just that. Trying to build up their confidence.

We know what happens when our HC says one of our players needs serious improvement. People cry like babies. See RG3.

Well, if as reported Gruden could champion Grant and Perine and keep them on the roster for at least a couple of years then it's not a stretch to believe that if he insisted on going out and getting a LG in the draft or free agency to upgrade the front office would try to accomodate that request.

From my perspective and this is based on my reading of Gruden based on his post draft comments in 2016 about one of his best players from 2015 Brandon Scherff that ‘well, last year we used our top pick on a guard' that Gruden is more concerned about the sexy skill positions and leaves a lot of the OL, DL decisions up to others.

So, in retrospect he probably felt that Lauvao at LG was OK if they could bring him back cheaply as he knew the system and the offensive coaches could focus on their ‘zen mystical' passing system 😆😆

What Gruden has never been able to do is stretch and ensure the defense and special teams are being adequately covered.

Established coaches like Belichick, Reid, and younger ones like McVay manage the TEAM and become intimately involved in the game plans with all 3 units.

Before last year's Super Bowl Belichick showed up for the Special Teams meetings and had taken the time to talk to key veterans and critique the game plan as the Patriots prepared for the game.

Matthew Slater said that Belichick was working 17-18 hours a day and knew the ST and defensive game plans as well as the coordinators.

Here after the defensive collapse against the Eagles Gruden was last like ‘we have to work with the coaches and players over there to improve things'.

He made it seem as if the defensive performance and strategy were out of his immediate purview.

Gruden is still acting like an offensive coordinator.

I think someone here did the research on the Skins a few days ago. Saw this on twitter today thanks to BB. Maybe you one you guys is the listener and I don't know it? ;-)

Slingczabe wouldn't know a good time if it landed on his face and started to wiggle (you know the guy wanted the Caps to lose in the finals last year just so he could trumpet the "Woe is DC sports schtick"), but you can't argue with those numbers. Norval Gruden must be gone and his NFL progeny killed with fire.

Last edited:
There are so very few Belichicks and Reids. They're the best in the league. By all means, if we could ever convince one of them to come here, sign them immediately.

Belichick also has the luxury of having 23? scouts. The Redskins, being the cheap ass team they are, employed only 7 the last time I checked.

Our 7 vs. their 23. That's how we are the only dumbasses to sign Malcolm Kelly when he said his knee was okay coming out of college. The Patriots deploy resources. The Redskins and Miami don't.

There's a reason that bad franchises are bad--and it doesn't involve curses.

Off-topic but fun fact of the day: How many people outside of Florida know that Stephen Ross, owner of the Dolphins, doesn't even live in Florida, nor does he attend games?

He literally couldn't care less about winning football games. Compared to the Dolphins, we at least have a chance when the season begins.

Josh Doctson to IR for Vikings.

That's not a joke.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think someone here did the research on the Skins a few days ago. Saw this on twitter today thanks to BB. Maybe you one you guys is the listener and I don't know it? ;-)

It rendered. One little glitchy tho g about the tweet poster, you have to refresh your screen or exit and come back to see the tweet...

It rendered. One little glitchy tho g about the tweet poster, you have to refresh your screen or exit and come back to see the tweet...

Hmm...still not rendering for me. Maybe it's a cache thing. Good to know though!

When I speak, people listen (except my wife)...

Joe Gibbs said the greatest ability a player has is durability.

You never invest too much time or money in guys that are habitually unable to get on the field.

Belichick would have moved on from Doctson and Reed a year ago.

These guys just can't seem to make it through a game without issues.

When I speak, people listen (except my wife)...

Join the club.

Parham is a project but he has upside while Holtz really didn't seem to be an NFL player.

Good luck in Chicago.

That's par for the course with a meniscus tear.

The thought he would be back next week was pure Gruden fantasy.

Well, Gruden being forced to return to last years early season formula is GOOD for the team.

Billick had to get away from his "genius offensive wizardry" to get a ring.
Forcing Gruden to do what he doesn't want to, increases our chance of success this season.

Of course. Gruden doesn't get much credit as an offensive innovator calling basic plays to control the clock and get Peterson 1,000 yards.

Dead on the money. Under Gruden, we are 27-50-4 in the second half. An anemic .333

We're also 33-44-4 for .407 in the first half. Not much better. Gruden just doesn't have it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 6, Members: 0, Guests: 6)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.