• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Random Commanders Thoughts

And Morgan Moses, the human penalty machine, needs to clean up his act. He's a veteran now. He needs to stop being on the receiving end of all of these whistles.

The look on Gruden's face when talking about Peterson during his presser - priceless - geez, I guess we need you after all 😆😆😆😆😆

Last edited:
980 is now reporting Guice has meniscus issue in knee and may miss several weeks to undergo stem cell therapy to hope to avoid surgery.

Looks like Gruden is going to have to learn to get along with AP because the team isn't going to start Smallwood for the balance of the season.

Is Guice actually hurt, or is this Grudens way to activate AP while not admitting fault for not doing so against Philly. Said there was only one injury, to Allen at the post game presser. I just don't trust much of what comes out of his mouth.

980 is now reporting Guice has meniscus issue in knee and may miss several weeks to undergo stem cell therapy to hope to avoid surgery.

I'll bet Trent Williams is telling him to not let the staff drs do that for him

Is Guice actually hurt, or is this Grudens way to activate AP while not admitting fault for not doing so against Philly. Said there was only one injury, to Allen at the post game presser. I just don't trust much of what comes out of his mouth.

It's only 15 more games

He's hurt. There are now rumblings that he was still injured before the game, that he shouldn't have been cleared to play, and the the medical staff had another mishap in his treatment.

I would assume (maybe incorrectly) that he'll be seeing different doctors than he did in the past. If that's the case, we should have had an outside party evaluation during the break and seriously should have considered replacing them.

Would anyone here go back to the same medical staff if you were him? Hell no.

This "head coach" has been in hot water, and rightfully so, for 5 yrs now.

He's got 15 games, maybe, for the friggin light to come on.

I don't think he was ever in hot water prior to yesterday. He's had decent records with a ton of injuries to keep him employed. That comment last night though, the "if we run 55 times out of the I formation" was incredibly stupid.

Here's hoping that Guice doesn't get injured again and that he actually has an NFL career--and a great one.

He may just end up becoming a threat of a lawsuit for medical malpractice, ending in an injury settlement out of court and a HC position at a high school in Louisiana.

Prayers up for a speedy and thorough recovery.

He's hurt. There are now rumblings that he was still injured before the game, that he shouldn't have been cleared to play, and the the medical staff had another mishap in his treatment.

I would assume (maybe incorrectly) that he'll be seeing different doctors than he did in the past. If that's the case, we should have had an outside party evaluation during the break and seriously should have considered replacing them.

Would anyone here go back to the same medical staff if you were him? Hell no.

I don't think he was ever in hot water prior to yesterday. He's had decent records with a ton of injuries to keep him employed. That comment last night though, the "if we run 55 times out of the I formation" was incredibly stupid.

Article I saw said it was the right knee, and it was the left knee that he blew out last season..... So, there wouldn't have been a reason for them not to clear him to play. You been hanging out with Trent ? The med staff bashing is too funny, with literally no evidence to back it beyond word of mouth.

Let's face it, Guice ran the ball ONCE in the fourth quarter and Thompson ended with more carries.

If Peterson was active there would have been no reason for Guice to play in the second half with injury.

Gruden has one of the all time brain farts when he was making decisions on Week 1 matchups.

Article I saw said it was the right knee, and it was the left knee that he blew out last season..... So, there wouldn't have been a reason for them not to clear him to play. You been hanging out with Trent ? The med staff bashing is too funny, with literally no evidence to back it beyond word of mouth.

Other Redskins players knew Guice hurt the knee, Ive been told. The question now is how long he'll be out.

--JP Finlay

I'm totally aware that it was the other knee.

Colt McCoy is still out from medical complications and multiple surgeries after a broken leg last year.

Alex Smith also suffered medical complications and had multiple surgeries.

Guice is the third player that we know about who had a medical mishap and had multiple surgeries to try and correct it. That's at least three that we know about from last year alone.

Has anyone here ever heard of that before on any team in history?

Our coaching staff/medical expert on the sideline couldn't even tell when Jordan Reid suffered a concussion. Every viewer in the world and person in the stands knew what that sickening thud meant.

Let's not act like we've been the model of a professional organization for the last 20 years.

Facts are important. You got them right. It's not the knee he injured. I guess teams are just supposed to check all body parts for injuries. Maybe we can check the coaching staff for injuries and rule them out.

Other Redskins players knew Guice hurt the knee, Ive been told. The question now is how long he'll be out.

--JP Finlay

I'm totally aware that it was the other knee.

Colt McCoy is still out from medical complications and multiple surgeries after a broken leg last year.

Alex Smith also suffered medical complications and had multiple surgeries.

Guice is the third player that we know about who had a medical mishap and had multiple surgeries to try and correct it. That's at least three that we know about from last year alone.

Has anyone here ever heard of that before on any team in history?

Our coaching staff/medical expert on the sideline couldn't even tell when Jordan Reid suffered a concussion. Every viewer in the world and person in the stands knew what that sickening thud meant.

Let's not act like we've been the model of a professional organization for the last 20 years.

If you were totally aware it was the other knee, then why would you say they shouldn't have cleared him? From the number of carries in the second half, look like somebody was keeping him out of the game.... Maybe it was the medical staff ? It's cool if ya want to buy into unsubstantiated issues with the med staff, it's entertaining that you think our staff caused post surgical issues, when it's pretty common knowledge these thing are happening in hospitals everywhere.

Gotta have a scapegoat for Gruden's heretofore well below average head coaching ability.

What Sunday showed on defense is that this front 7 without Jonathan Allen pulling the double team is very average and can be exploited.

The alignment to the 3-4 doesn't work because Payne and Allen are more athletic DTs not NTs.

Why this team can't move on from the 3-4 is beyond me. It wasShanahan and Haslett's concoction and the team repudiated everything else Mike brought here.

Robert Davis back in the fold.

Hyperventilating proved unnecessary. Nobody else likes him as much as we do.

Ax, I was upset when Davis was cut because he showed a knack for special teams, exactly the area where Gruden indicated later the team was short and thus needed to sit AP.

Vallejo should never have been on this roster. He can't play linebacker to save his ass and got a blocking in the back penalty on a key return during the game Sunday.

The fact Davis May have some upside at WR only makes Jay's roster decisions more suspect.

I like Davis too, BD. And it was a mistake the way Gruden decided to do things last week. I just never thought the risk of someone snatching Davis up was worth the vitriol it generated.

Additionally, I'm not hating on keeping McCoy. As so many seem to be. Though, after setting the 53 to start the season, I would have moved him to IR, making him available down the line, if needs be. I think if they IR'd him to GET to 53, he would be ineligible to come back this year.

I would personally have 3 QB's on my roster. Always. At least 2 active, with a practice squad guy on call.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 5, Members: 0, Guests: 5)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.